Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

It all changed after the players had a meeting that didn't involve NFP or his staff.

Something which happens all the time when teams are struggling. Again, fook all evidence to back it up that they were personally responsible. Other than people who have ALWAYS been against NP wanting it to be true.

Edited by Babylon

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

It all changed after the players had a meeting that didn't involve NFP or his staff.

So did Pearson just twiddle his thumbs for the rest of the season and let Vards and Huthy sort the team?  Maybe Nuge was actually behind our two promotions too?   We honestly hardly played one bad game that first year back in the Premier League.  I always felt our position was not quite reflective of our performances (obviously results are what matter though so yes, we were in a dire situation but I never thought we looked a bad team).  All that your assertion proves it that Pearson is a reasonable man who is willing to listen to input from lots of different sources, including players.  Maybe he did make a mistake but if he was stubborn, or not up to the task he would have blindly stuck to his guns and taken us down.  For me, he always seemed like someone that made mistakes but would learn from them.  Like I said earlier, he may or may not be a good manager going forwards and I am not saying I want him back here but to discredit his achievements here seems unreasonable?

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

As much as people are saying its an amicable agreement to do with his unceremonious exit from the club, I'd disagree. If the owners wanted it dealt with without having to go into business with him again it would just be a pay off, theyve gone back into business with him so that more than implies respect and this is a great opportunity for Nige to get back to what he loves and develop again. I honestly want him to be a future England manager, the spirit he instilled here turned out to be gold-dust but he has to climb that ladder again.

Anyways great news, Leuven have just earned some more fans :thumbup:

• Like 1

I -FELT the players took things into their own hands in the escape 9 games or so that's all but results were awful up to that point that's a fact.

Would never want our club to be languishing in that position again under any manager.

Claudio and Shakey to a lesser extent have shown how simple it is to be pleasant  and erudite with the media and the public and it works all round.

• Like 1

Today, OHL represents Nigel Pearson as a new coach of the club. Nigel, 54, takes over the duties as head coach with immediate effect.

With the appointment of Pearson, Dennis van Wijk leaves our club. The Dutch coach thanked his team for Friday morning training and congratulated everyone very much.

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, CEO of King Power International, owner of OHL: "Dennis joined the club in January and led a young group away from degradation. Dennis's dedication was incredibly great and we are very grateful for his hard work."

"Nevertheless, we have made the decision that we think is best for the club in the long run. A switch from head coach is never an easy decision, but this is necessary if we want to achieve our vision and ambitions."

"Nigel is an incredibly good manager with a wealth of knowledge, good people skills and a strong winner's mentality. He will put OHL on track for the next few years."

In addition to his tons of experience, Nigel will not only assist as coach but also assist King Power International in expanding the infrastructure of the club.

Nigel already made great successes in collaboration with the Srivaddhanaprabha family. As a Leicester City coach, he led this club to the Premier League in 2014 and kept it safe in 2015.

Nigel is a highly regarded coach in England and had the leadership of England U21, Newcastle United, Southampton, Leicester (2 periods), Hull City and Derby County in the past.

Nigel Pearson: "I look forward to throwing me back to football, re-working with King Power's people and helping out with this beautiful club."

"Through my experience with King Power's people, I know how to develop the club and I'm looking forward to contributing to it. The club has many good players and a good staff that guides them. can not wait to work with them and achieve our goals. "

Nigel Pearson will already be his first training on Friday morning and will be on the bench for the first time in the clash against Beerschot Wilrijk on Sunday at the King Power at Den Dreef Stadium.

http://ohl.be/nl/heren/nieuws/bericht/10296/nigel-pearson-nieuwe-coach-van-oh-leuven

(translated via Google Translate)

Note the bit where it says
"will not only assist as coach but also assist King Power International in expanding the infrastructure of the club".

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

I -FELT the players took things into their own hands in the escape 9 games or so that's all but results were awful up to that point that's a fact.

Would never want our club to be languishing in that position again under any manager.

Claudio and Shakey to a lesser extent have shown how simple it is to be pleasant  and erudite with the media and the public and it works all round.

No way. We changed formation, brought in albrighton and Huth and destroyed teams. The confidence from that run of games and the team NP built and we would have NEVER won the league