Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

And, several years on, the Nigel Pearson debate carries on with the same views over and over again.

Absolutely.

It's as if the whole world is divided about him, despite being someone who laid a city's football club's strong foundation that lead to the title success and how stable the team is now with the players he purchased.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

So did Pearson just twiddle his thumbs for the rest of the season and let Vards and Huthy sort the team?  Maybe Nuge was actually behind our two promotions too?   We honestly hardly played one bad game that first year back in the Premier League.  I always felt our position was not quite reflective of our performances (obviously results are what matter though so yes, we were in a dire situation but I never thought we looked a bad team).  All that your assertion proves it that Pearson is a reasonable man who is willing to listen to input from lots of different sources, including players.  Maybe he did make a mistake but if he was stubborn, or not up to the task he would have blindly stuck to his guns and taken us down.  For me, he always seemed like someone that made mistakes but would learn from them.  Like I said earlier, he may or may not be a good manager going forwards and I am not saying I want him back here but to discredit his achievements here seems unreasonable?

X

Hardly played a bad game supposedly, and yet a year that seen us bottom of the table for three quarters of the season!

It took until shit or bust time for Pearson to change his stay in the game and not get hammered tactics.

How much of that change in tactics was down to Pearson who knows, but for god sake, if by that time he hadn`t realised that the way he was setting us up wasn`t working, then he really would have been a complete bafoon!

The best thing this club ever did was sack Pearson, because we would not have won the league the following season with him in charge.

Not a chance i hell!

So good luck to Pearson in Belgium, but i sure as hell don`t ever want to see him at my football club again as a manager.

5 hours ago, Bazly said:

That's why I recon Shaky might not be that pleased to see his exile to Belgium which gives a back door back home in the future.

Then Shakey does his job...If CS believes hes got it to take on this City job...then win win all around...

Unlike some on this forum you can go out in this world, and find people are strong enough and dont shit in their pants,

When indirect challenges come along. If CS was looking over hiscshoulder, or any fans use it to throw doubt around like shit,

Then he aint the right bloke for any PL job, and that sort of fan...should well....man up!!!

There now I've said it...Balloney unnecessary shit stirring..

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Absolutely.

It's as if the whole world is divided about him, despite being someone who laid a city's football club's strong foundation that lead to the title success and how stable the team is now with the players he purchased.

When I saw the news at work I knew I'd get home to a several page thread and all of the same comments as before. Why does this rile people on both sides of the argument? I could understand if it was totally relevant to us now but he left well over two years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Absolutely.

I don`t think the views on Pearson in Derby are divided to be fair.

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

I don`t think the views on Pearson in Derby are divided to be fair.

True, but was at the club for just 5 months..

Given Pearson is successfully known for turning a club's fortune around slowly, maybe Derby should have given him more time?

Considering they're still in that league.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Even if he is considered a flop for the premier league season (which would be unfair given it was his first full season at the top) You still have to give the man massive credit for 2 promotions and putting the foundations in place for our future success.

Although he did fvck up 2 good chances of promotion before finally getting it right.

The first leg of our play off semi with Cardiff was a sign of his cautiousness to come in the premier league, where at home he was happy to keep it tight, and stay in the tie.

True we were unlucky in the second leg, but we should have made the most of our home game in the first leg, but we were almost content that we only lost that game 1-0!

The year of the Watford play off, we were looking champions elect until the end of january, when all of a sudden, we started with the cautious approach again, and went on an horrendous run, that had Knockeart not got the winner at Forest in the final game, or if Bolton had won their final game, would have meant missing out on the play offs, and very probably would have spelt the end of Pearson at the club.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Hardly played a bad game supposedly, and yet a year that seen us bottom of the table for three quarters of the season!

It took until shit or bust time for Pearson to change his stay in the game and not get hammered tactics.

How much of that change in tactics was down to Pearson who knows, but for god sake, if by that time he hadn`t realised that the way he was setting us up wasn`t working, then he really would have been a complete bafoon!

The best thing this club ever did was sack Pearson, because we would not have won the league the following season with him in charge.

Not a chance i hell!

So good luck to Pearson in Belgium, but i sure as hell don`t ever want to see him at my football club again as a manager.

Agreed re the stubbornness about the tactics that almost brought about our demise, just hope is partner in crime Shakespeare hasn't got the same disease! Good luck to him at Leuven, though I suspect he'll not be the same without Shakespeare. There's a conspiracy theory whilst I type, Shakespeare offered the No2 job at Leuven whilst our owners get their first choice summer manager and coaching staff who are now wanting to come. The slight flaw there of course is that I haven't a clue who that could be. 

Although he did fvck up 2 good chances of promotion before finally getting it right.

The first leg of our play off semi with Cardiff was a sign of his cautiousness to come in the premier league, where at home he was happy to keep it tight, and stay in the tie.

True we were unlucky in the second leg, but we should have made the most of our home game in the first leg, but we were almost content that we only lost that game 1-0!

The year of the Watford play off, we were looking champions elect until the end of january, when all of a sudden, we started with the cautious approach again, and went on an horrendous run, that had Knockeart not got the winner at Forest in the final game, or if Bolton had won their final game, would have meant missing out on the play offs, and very probably would have spelt the end of Pearson at the club.

If, if, if.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed re the stubbornness about the tactics that almost brought about our demise, just hope is partner in crime Shakespeare hasn't got the same disease! Good luck to him at Leuven, though I suspect he'll not be the same without Shakespeare. There's a conspiracy theory whilst I type, Shakespeare offered the No2 job at Leuven whilst our owners get their first choice summer manager and coaching staff who are now wanting to come. The slight flaw there of course is that I haven't a clue who that could be. 

That is something i have my concerns about too.

I like Shakespeare, and will be delighted for him, as well as us if he is a success, but looking at the longer term, do i think he will help us evolve into a better more rounded football team, then i have to say i have my doubts.

I will be very happy if he proves me wrong though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Actually never really thought about it like that but think you may just be right. It was always a strange one for me as when we did get promotion, it was on the back of some good attacking football in fairness to NP. Our first 2-3 games or so also had similar traits and then, it was if he completly changed over night , the worrying thing being though,  that he persisted like a horse with blinkers on! Don't know how the great escape came about but it sure didn't come from that boy and his side kick!

That is something i have my concerns about too.

I like Shakespeare, and will be delighted for him, as well as us if he is a success, but looking at the longer term, do i think he will help us evolve into a better more rounded football team, then i have to say i have my doubts.

I will be very happy if he proves me wrong though.

Agree on both counts.

10 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

If, if, if.....

What! 

If had hadn`t fvcked up two good chances of promotion?

If we hadn`t spent three quarters of the season at the bottom of the premier league because of his stay in the game negative tactics.

If he hadn`t told a supporter to fvck off and die.

If he hadn`t grabbed an opposing player around the neck.

If he hadn`t been such an obnoxious git in his press conferences.

Yes if, if if, but for all the ifs he may have been a decent manager, we still wouldn`t have won the Premier League with him though.

What! 

If we hadn`t spent three quarters of the season at the bottom of the premier league because of his stay in the game negative tactics.

Yes if, if if, but for all the ifs he may have been a decent manager, we still wouldn`t have won the Premier League with him though.

If spurs had beaten us at home in january they may have won the league, but they didnt did they. If something had happened that didnt happen then something else might have happened that didnt happen is no basis for an argument.

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Actually never really thought about it like that but think you may just be right. It was always a strange one for me as when we did get promotion, it was on the back of some good attacking football in fairness to NP. Our first 2-3 games or so also had similar traits and then, it was if he completly changed over night , the worrying thing being though,  that he persisted like a horse with blinkers on! Don't know how the great escape came about but it sure didn't come from that boy and his side kick!

Absolutely, i think he finally learnt from his mistakes that season.

He is a stubborn sod, who doesn`t like to admit he may have got something wrong, so it took him longer than it needed too, but credit to him, the season we won the championship, we were outstanding and a joy to watch.

Exciting attacking football, i love it.

It gave me hope that our first season back in the Premier with Pearson was going to be a good one.

I thought he would carry on from where we left off the previous season, but he changed back to his old cautious approach, and was forever going on about needing to stay in games, and that we weren`t being hammered by anyone.

Well no, we weren`t being hammered by anyone, but we were losing every week.

We were offering nothing going forward, because we were more intent on trying not to lose the game.

The game at Southampton sticks out, we were in the game, but they got a lateish winner if i remember correctly, and we had our first shot on target in the 90th minute, it was appalling, and summed up our negative approach at that time.

Who ever changed the approach, and formation at the end of the great escape season, whether it be Pearson or not, the truth is it was shit or bust time, it was hardly a stroke of tactical genius, we had to go and win some football games, simple as that, we couldn`t afford to try and stay in games anymore, we had to try and make things happen, and the rest as they say is history.

This week that season, was the week we beat Man Utd 5-3, it was fantastic, we went toe to toe with them and came out on top.

Well, walking to the game that day Radio Leicester spoke to Shakespeare to talk about the team selected pre match, and Shakespeare said that the players had been to see the staff and asked if the could really have a go at United, and that they had been told they could, so to expect an exciting game.

How telling that it was the players who actually had to ask the manager/staff if they would let them off the leash that day.

19 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

If spurs had beaten us at home in january they may have won the league, but they didnt did they. If something had happened that didnt happen then something else might have happened that didnt happen is no basis for an argument.

No we finished 11 points in front of Tottenham.

24 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

What! 

FOAD Balloon Head Ostrich :nigel:

• Haha 2