Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SlimaniFanBoy

Will Islam Slimani finally adapt?

Slimani has adapted as well as he possibly can in the small time he's been allowed on the pitch, played in the wrong role without any game-plan implimented around his obvious qualities. 

He has a quality goals / minutes ratio but unfortunately we have many fans with extremely questionable intelligence / IQ levels who fail to see this. 

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Slimani has adapted as well as he possibly can in the small time he's been allowed on the pitch, played in the wrong role without any game-plan implimented around his obvious qualities. 

He has a quality goals / minutes ratio but unfortunately we have many fans with extremely questionable intelligence / IQ levels who fail to see this. 

If Slim gets the right service he will score goals especially if both Wingers can get quality balls into the box slim will score. 

I am glad he is still with us.  Frightening that we were trying to shift him but offer Ulloh a new two year contract ?#***???  That is baffling me and whoever was behind that line of logic, needs a brain transplant.  I cannot wait to read Shakey's memoirs some time down the line

I think it will continue to be difficult for Slim as they way we play needs him to offer much more in winning his headers & holding up balls played long up to him than he appears able to provide. As a striker converting chances in and around the box he is doing just fine though.

I'm not a huge fan, most people probably know that but we were whipping balls into the box to midgets, because of this I was calling for Slimani to come on today about 20, 30 minutes before Shakespeare decided to actually make the change. 

My problem is with his work rate, I can't stand to see him strolling when he loses the ball. He seems lazy.

I don't think he can play with Vardy because it forces Vards too deep, so we're not going to build the team around him.

Despite the fact that we've got this supposedly super-talented winger, the way we're lining up at the moment I can't see him getting the service either. 

It feels like we've got half of 2 decent sides and we're trying to mash then together. 

We won't see the best of Islam if we rarely play him or allow him a run of games. Play to his strengths and fire balls into the box for him to thrive off and he will deliver. I'm afraid Slimani & Ulloa are in the same boat, they can't get game time and be able to prove themselves worthy of a starting berth. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm not a huge fan, most people probably know that but we were whipping balls into the box to midgets, because of this I was calling for Slimani to come on today about 20, 30 minutes before Shakespeare decided to actually make the change. 

... and took off the best crosser in the team. These are the kind of decisions that make me worry about Shakey

Slimani is a real N˚9.

But, I cant understand why Leicester acquired him. The entire philosophy of the team is the opposite of Slimani skills.

At Lisbon, he got crosses all the 90mn, he miss 3 or 4, then score.

With the actual strategy, he cant replace Vardy (he is not skilled for counter attack) and cant replace Okazaki role, he is not a 10.

Most of our recruitment the last 2 seasons has been weird. We sign players from possession based teams to play hot potato hoof football, slow CMs from teams that play 3 in the middle to play in a 2, Slim to play as a CAM, etc. Dont think we plan very well.

He's going to be one of those players who looks diabolical during games but always seems to score.

I still see him as a square peg in a round hole and to change our entire way of playing just to accommodate one player just isn't going to happen nor should it really. 

People constantly talking about our style and how our play doesn't suit him, but how many high crosses did Albrighton send into the box against Liverpool at the weekend? There were at least half a dozen that looked perfect for a player with Slimani's qualities yet totally wasted on Vardy's etc.

Worst decision was to remove Albrighton when bringing Slimani on in my opinion. Those two were exactly what we needed. Get it out wide to him and let him deliver those crosses for Slimani to get on to. 

The problem for Slimani is not necessarily the style we play, as we are capable of getting it out wide to Albrighton and Mahrez to whip in crosses, but it's the fact he has Vardy ahead of him in the pecking order and both are so much stronger in leading the line.

Slimani will just have to play every cup game and be content with coming off the bench and covering Vardy for bans/injuries. It's not ideal, but I'd prefer that, then if we had sold him and had Ulloa as our main cover. 

We want to be pushing top 8, so we need a squad full of top players, not just a starting 11 and then average joe's to call upon. 

On 23/09/2017 at 21:05, Bourbon Fox said:

It feels like we've got half of 2 decent sides and we're trying to mash then together. 

This is actually a great description.

I don't agree with the work rate stuff though, he charges around most of the time he's on

1 hour ago, Wdywd said:

This is actually a great description.

I don't agree with the work rate stuff though, he charges around most of the time he's on

I don't see his work rate being an issue either. Seems like an easy dig at a big guy who doesn't win some hopeless hoof balls. 

He charges around and closes down as much as anyone else, just looks a little slower in motion. As Sporting fans attested to, he has great work rate.

He needs to come on for us when we are in search of a goal and the plan should be to get it out wide and have Albrighton/Mahrez whipping crosses into the box. 

He will score some important goals for us. He and us, just have to be content with him being utilised from the bench or to cover injuries/suspensions. 

His attitude seems to be great so far too. Not sure on what people are watching when they suggest he is lazy or has an attitude :rolleyes:

Finally we have some great options in our squad and don't have to rely so heavily on our starting 11. Just need Shakey to tweak a few things and make some smarter decisions in terms of how to get the most out of our players. 

On 23/09/2017 at 00:50, Johnthefoxrayner said:

If Slim gets the right service he will score goals especially if both Wingers can get quality balls into the box slim will score. 

Agree, although he had a great header opportunity on Saturday but missed the target at the mercy of the goal in front of him.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Agree, although he had a great header opportunity on Saturday but missed the target at the mercy of the goal in front of him.

Yeah just like Vardy wasted a penalty , what's the point from your argument ? 
That he needs to have 100% accuracy on each shot or else he's shite ? 
That he needs to do the work of 75 mins in the last 15 ? 

On 23/09/2017 at 21:49, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

... and took off the best crosser in the team. These are the kind of decisions that make me worry about Shakey

I called it when we saw Slimani warming up.

The bloke you need Slimani to combine with is....Albrighton, so a £ to a pinch of shit Shakey will take him off.

Terrible management there it has to be said.

Archived