Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

The game is full of bugs! The latest I've found was when I advertised for a physio and appointed one, a message popped up in my inbox to say the advert had been pulled as the post was filled, but 'hadn't attracted a single applicant'.

lol

im struggling to think of a version of FM as error ridden as this one.

A few screenies - my new CB on a free who accepted me over a few Super League clubs

2u7py01.png

On loan from Basel for the last 3 seasons, signed him on a free this summer

f2yc3.png

Signed him on loan last season after he scored 27 goals for the promoted side, scored 20 odd goals in all comps last season and topped my assist charts. Got him back for another season.

2aj52l0.png

My best regen yet. Terrific name, wanted to give him a chance this season so gave him a few games in pre-season and as you will see he was MoM in his 2 starts. Really excited for him

vry5bq.png

Basel are worse than Chelsea at loaning players out. There must be about 40 players available to loan every year and being their feeder club I don't have to pay a thing

18 hours ago, RoboFox said:

The player conversations have been doggo for years now. Was rather hoping they'd overhaul them for FM18, but seemingly not. 

Took the plunge and bought it on Saturday night, but haven't really had chance to do much since I was drunk and couldn't be arsed to try and work out the new features.

Started as Parma in the Serie B with the objective of recreating the late 90s/ early 00s Parmalat glory days: some domestic and European silverware and regular Champions League football. 

They've got ok finances considering everyone in the Serie B is poverty-stricken. I've noticed Giuseppe Rossi is available on a free and could do a job. He's really gone downhill though, used to be a must-buy.

Anyone unearthed any bargains? (I'm talking <£200k)

The best one I've found is Raul Uche. Ripped league 2 and 1 to shreds and now has a decent record in the championship. Josh Knight hasn't been bad as a loanee either. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 05.03.32.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 05.02.35.png

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 1

Started as Blackburn, they have next to no money. All I could sign was 3 loans from Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday & Birmingham. Lost my 1st choice keeper to Southampton in January to cover debts.

Somehow managed to win the Checkatrade Trophy despite actively trying to get eliminated by playing my under 18s (and getting fined £5,000) in every round. Then won the League by 13 points.

Is this year's a lot easier? I am normally terrible at this game.

So I had a proper crack at it last night, and it's pretty different. 

The new tactics I like - there's much more feedback to the player. But I'm trying to get my head around it - there's just so much information and so many variables it's very difficult to know where to start. I played one friendly against RSC Anderlecht and got my arse handed to me. Was it the strength of the opposition or my poor tactics? Hard to know. 

Also, scouting is pretty confusing. No idea what I'm doing. 

Alas, I will persevere...

Post-match press conference - we've just thrashed top of the league Cardiff 5-1 away from home, and i get asked: "How about that performance by (Cardiff's) Lee Tomlin?"

FFS, three of my players had ratings of 9+ and another got 8.5. Tomlin somehow got an 8.1, but still. All i could reply was "no comment" through gritted teeth. Can't believed they still haven't sorted this shit out.

Edited by Far Post Gerry

On 20/11/2017 at 10:44, RoboFox said:

The player conversations have been doggo for years now. Was rather hoping they'd overhaul them for FM18, but seemingly not. 

Took the plunge and bought it on Saturday night, but haven't really had chance to do much since I was drunk and couldn't be arsed to try and work out the new features.

Started as Parma in the Serie B with the objective of recreating the late 90s/ early 00s Parmalat glory days: some domestic and European silverware and regular Champions League football. 

They've got ok finances considering everyone in the Serie B is poverty-stricken. I've noticed Giuseppe Rossi is available on a free and could do a job. He's really gone downhill though, used to be a must-buy.

Anyone unearthed any bargains? (I'm talking <£200k)

Nishan Burkart on loan from Utd tears it up in League One and the Championship as an Advanced Forward. 

9 minutes ago, Far Post Gerry said:

Post-match press conference - we've just thrashed top of the league Cardiff 5-1 away from home, and i get asked: "How about that performance by (Cardiff's) Lee Tomlin?"

FFS, three of my players had ratings of 9+ and another got 8.5. Tomlin somehow got an 8.1, but still. All i could reply was "no comment" through gritted teeth. Can't believed they still haven't sorted this shit out.

can't remember last time I did conferences. That's what my assistant is for lol 

8 hours ago, pds said:

Started as Blackburn, they have next to no money. All I could sign was 3 loans from Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday & Birmingham. Lost my 1st choice keeper to Southampton in January to cover debts.

Somehow managed to win the Checkatrade Trophy despite actively trying to get eliminated by playing my under 18s (and getting fined £5,000) in every round. Then won the League by 13 points.

not easier simply because there's so much to take in and so many things to consider in all aspects of the game, from scouting to tactics to in-game instructions to contracts. 

I love it because of how challenging it is compared to all the previous versions but hate it at the same time!

On 11/21/2017 at 09:51, pds said:

Don't doubt yourself! The game isn't easier... you're just world class

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

This years games seems a lot easier than previous years, especially in the lower divisions.

I'm usually good at FM, yet finding it particularly challenging this year. 

Can't seem to stop my players from having long shots. No matter what the formation or the team instructions, they just seemingly have the urge to ping it from wherever the they see fit. Having SO many shots, and barely any are on target and it's resulting in some good team stats yet losing or scraping through games with a draw or one goal lead (since the AI seem able to convert every 1 in 2 chances).

Also they haven't fixed the incessant, annual problem with one-on-ones in the match engine: My striker, through on goal, one-on-one with the keeper... SPUNK. Over the bar. Every. F**king. Time. 

Anyone actually use the pre-match tactical briefings for anything? Is there any point?

Edited by RoboFox

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

This years games seems a lot easier than previous years, especially in the lower divisions.

As someone who is usually a bang average FM player, I agree. Won the title first season with Leicester, got bored so have started with Morecambe. Penniless and a seemingly average League 2 side, I'm top early doors and Nketiah who I've got in on loan from Arsenal has scored seven in his last two as I've beaten Lincoln 6-0 away and Swindon 3-0.

Edited by Lovejoy

I'm usually pretty decent at the game but struggling a bit too. I've had two saves so far, one with us which I invariably get bored of quickly and another with Bochum - in both saves games have had really low numbers of shots for both sides which is frustrating.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

I'm usually pretty decent at the game but struggling a bit too. I've had two saves so far, one with us which I invariably get bored of quickly and another with Bochum - in both saves games have had really low numbers of shots for both sides which is frustrating.

Alright José. 

3 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

As someone who is usually a bang average FM player, I agree. Won the title first season with Leicester, got bored so have started with Morecambe. Penniless and a seemingly average League 2 side, I'm top early doors and Nketiah who I've got in on loan from Arsenal has scored seven in his last two as I've beaten Lincoln 6-0 away and Swindon 3-0.

I've been awful at the last couple of games but have somehow managed to get back to back promotions to the premier league with forest green with no transfer budget. I won league one with 115 points.