Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

Managed to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League with Fram which netted my over £13M which is a staggering amount considering my turnover is about £800K. Drew Man City, Inter and Real Madrid. Got absolutely walloped in five out of the six games and narrowly beaten in the other. Madrid hit double figures in both games against me!

Did notice a nasty bug in the qualifying round where I played a Turkish team and had to play both legs away! The first leg was legitimately away at their place but the "home" leg was a different stadium in Istanbul! Bit harsh, but managed to scrape through!

Out of interest, has anyone ever tried to replicate our 15-16 counter-attacking 4-4-2 on FM? I've had a few goes but find it incredibly difficult to create one which is both similar to how we played, and achieves good results. 

18 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Out of interest, has anyone ever tried to replicate our 15-16 counter-attacking 4-4-2 on FM? I've had a few goes but find it incredibly difficult to create one which is both similar to how we played, and achieves good results. 

Has never worked for me with City or any other team. The game engine doesn't seem to allow a combination of parameters whereby that tactic would work.

The AI's too stupid. My Kantè-style player would probably pick up the ball just outside my box, drive forward on a 70-yard run before inexplicably stopping dead before turning and playing a 50 yard ball back to one of my own centre backs.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 18:21, RoboFox said:

Has never worked for me with City or any other team. The game engine doesn't seem to allow a combination of parameters whereby that tactic would work.

The AI's too stupid. My Kantè-style player would probably pick up the ball just outside my box, drive forward on a 70-yard run before inexplicably stopping dead before turning and playing a 50 yard ball back to one of my own centre backs.

I swear i remember there was a guy who won the league that year (but as soon as the game came out, before we won it, so november-ish) using a 4-4-2 with 2 defensive mids and counter-attacking  - pretty much exactly our tactic. Genius.

I take too much pleasure from a good bank balance on here

Still Vaduz, haven't played for a while since I have spells of just not wanting to play the game (in other words it ****s me off)

In six years:

Starting balance: 740k - Now 14.6m

Starting season TB: 75k - Now 2.9m (now actually 4.9m after a player sale)

Starting WB: 42K - Now 119k

Remaining WB: 3k - Now 25k

Average wage: 1k - Now 1.3k (First team is probably about 3-4k

Gone from being a 3rd round EL qualifier at best to what now looks to be a regular EL group stage side largely thanks to a run to the last 16 last season majorly boosting my seeding. For the group stage this season i'm the 5th best 3rd seed and have been drawn with Olympiakos, Sion and Akhisarspor

• Like 1

Having a look through the editor data for Leicester. lollol

Rivals: Tottenham 50

Favorite People: Claudio Raneiri 100 (May Name Stadium After, ticked)

Disliked People: James Pearson 90, Sean Dyche 70, Harry Kane 80, Yann Kermogant 80, Tom Hopper 90 (these values are all out of 100.)

Were these done exclusively off of FoxesTalk lol

• Haha 2

I've started with Eintracht Frankfurt and as they have players ideally suited to playing three at the back, have decided to move away from my usual 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 into a very attacking 3-4-3. I don't really like it in terms of not being able to utilise certain players, but it's been brilliant, I'm sat 2nd after 18 games just 3 points behind Bayern. Annoyingly, the teams that have beaten me have been Hannover and Koln, I don't seem to have an issue with the bigger boys having even won at the Allianz.

Sebastian Haller is a monster on this.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure I agree. What don't you like? Seems to have had a much needed bit of modernisation, some good quality of life tweeks. 

Attributes mainly, requested for some player traits to be removed too which haven’t 

Unfortunately, my Tottenham save in the year 2038 on FM17 became corrupted.

A feel a little lost and all enthusiasm to start another game are lost. (earliest I saved it elsewhere was 2036, I can't be bothered to continue).

Not sure what save I could start. Any peculiar recommendations? I had a look at Spanish second division but quickly realised I had no excitement for it.

I don't want to go to England again. I would like a team that has a good youth set-up in Europe?

11 minutes ago, maynefox said:

A feel a little lost and all enthusiasm to start another game are lost. (earliest I saved it elsewhere was 2036, I can't be bothered to continue).

Not sure what save I could start. Any peculiar recommendations? I had a look at Spanish second division but quickly realised I had no excitement for it.

I don't want to go to England again. I would like a team that has a good youth set-up in Europe?

Nantes, Le Havre, Atalanta, Anderlecht?

47 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Dutch sides? Belgian sides? Portugese sides? Red Bull Salzburg

Been there done that btw re. losing a save.

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-2018-best-youth-academies/

17 is interesting. Never heard of them unless that is the longer name of a top flight club

Edited by Walkers

50 minutes ago, maynefox said:

You were Tottenham? 

How could you? 

When you say "corrupted", is it not just a Spursy thing because you still hadn't won the league on 2036?

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

17 is interesting. Never heard of them unless that is the longer name of a top flight club

Tried to find them in FM before, but fairly certain you can't actually manage them. Believe Clairefontein is just an academy with youth teams and isn't actually in the French league, although not sure why it's listed if that's the case.

16 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

You were Tottenham? 

How could you? 

When you say "corrupted", is it not just a Spursy thing because you still hadn't won the league on 2036?

Chester - Villa - England - Leicester - Tottenham.

Admittedly I jumped ship with Leicester when offered the job. To no-one's surprise when I took over with Tottenham, I think it year 2033ish, they still hadn't won the league! They had won 2 Champions League but not a PL lol

Thank you all for the recommendations. I'm going to find the next Mahrez at Le Havre!

17 hours ago, Wookie said:

Nantes, Le Havre, Atalanta, Anderlecht?

I've managed all of those bar Atalanta. Can remember picking Le Havre just to see what Mahrez was like and sure enough a day later they've updated the squads and he's finally in ours lol won Ligue 2 in the first season, didn't lose for something like my first 25 games, was a bit weird how well I did.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Walkers said:

Salzburg would surely be too easy. Granted I've just admitted to being Anderlecht.

Leipzig on 17 would've been a proper save but I never did it.