Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Too British for me ? was thinking Belarus

Icelandic league? I'm currently top with vaduz currently in end of september sold a few players who are on a bit but I don't play. Got a few loans in and a few freebies. Its a really enjoyable save

2 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

Icelandic league? I'm currently top with vaduz currently in end of september sold a few players who are on a bit but I don't play. Got a few loans in and a few freebies. Its a really enjoyable save

I expect the next chapter of Roy Hodgson's life story to start with exactly these words.

1 hour ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

How many seasons you in? I've done Iceland before and its one of the best league's ive managed in. Just wanna try something different. Did a very short stint with BATE in Belarus years ago

14 hours ago, Walkers said:

How many seasons you in? I've done Iceland before and its one of the best league's ive managed in. Just wanna try something different. Did a very short stint with BATE in Belarus years ago

1st season, my 2 loans have been quality 1 from Dortmund b team winger and Toni Martinez from west ham. I signed a fair few freebies but now I'm selling them on for money half way through season to help build money up

I just picked up 18 for a tenner or so after finally ditching my FM17 save.

Other than the dynamics thing, which looks like something I'm going to need to spend some time getting my head around, is there anything else that's markedly different from FM17? I've heard that minor injuries are a lot more common.

So few games in after the winter break with vaduz, Jacob bruun Larsen got player of the year (strange they do it half way through season) has been terrific for me same with Toni Martinez on loan from west ham. Currently still top but only by 2 points ended up losing 4 games on trot just before winter break. Managed to sign demitri Mitchell from man u on a free when his contract expires. Fingers crossed I can win the league amount of injuries I get every week 1 or 2 players is a joke! 

So first season is over with fc vaduz! After looking optimistic of going up we ended up losing a game (with 3 games to go)  and coming 2nd in end. We've managed to get all the loans back again for another season so fingers crossed we can go up next season! 

Jacob bruun Larsen got challenge player of year,  hes been Abserloutly immense and to have him for another season is going to be quality. Hes worth 1.2m atm with that sure to only go up and up! (Shame he's on loan) 

• Like 1

Created a club for the first time to put into the MLS, replacing Portland. Named it Arizona Phoenix, keeping it realistic and i'm not aware of that area already having a team? Either way the player recruitment was a total ballache. Managed to put one together although about 13 players short of the 36 allowed. Had a transfer budget of 30m and wage of 57k. Notable named include Jahanbakhsh or whatever, Artem Dzyuba, Luis Robles (GK from NY), Zeca (never heard of him but an unattached Brazilian wing back), Liam Ridgewell, Razvan Rat, Jermaine Jones, Michael Parkhurst. Loaded it with Mexico and started it at the start of Mexico's season in July 2017, thinking that changes we make wouldn't apply until the end of the MLS season if thats where we wanted to manage. However i've literally just replaced Portland in the league so i'm currently 2nd halfway through the season. First game won 5-0 at home to Galaxy in a cup quarter final. The Jahan/Dzyuba combo was lethal. Dzyuba pulled his hamstring after his first but kept him on so he could get a hat trick, which he did lol. He's now out for two weeks though

Edited by Walkers

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've just started in the Swiss second tier (on 17 though) and am amazed to see I'm not the only one lol I've gone FC Wil. I know they've got money behind them. Want to see quite how far I can actually take these.

I had a great, really challenging save with them on '16. Their chairman just constantly spunks money at the club.

I think I've posted about it before, but I took them to the Champions League knockout rounds within about five or six seasons with a large contingent of domestic players and a number of wonderkids in the squad. I think I was in the top 20-25 richest clubs in the world at that point, before I gave up. Always buying players low, and selling high, and largely signing players on a Bosman.

By that point I was bossing the league every season... It was like the SPL: Only Basel ever actually posed any threat. The biggest challenge for the first few years was actually getting players to join them in the first place. Their reputation is pap.

Edited by RoboFox

On 24/07/2018 at 17:41, Dan LCFC said:

I've just started in the Swiss second tier (on 17 though) and am amazed to see I'm not the only one lol I've gone FC Wil. I know they've got money behind them. Want to see quite how far I can actually take these.

Thats because anybody with sense would manage Barnet instead

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've signed Turkes off Vaduz and he's been pretty useless so far lol 

I didn't use him much at all first season. 2nd season he really came on

Coulibaly at Vaduz and Malonga (Servette?) I think his name is scored goals a lot. There was also a guy called Rossini I think who played for Aarau?

I got Basel as a parent club, some of the players available to loan from them are insane at that level and the Super League eventually. Manzambi, Vesco, Okafor. Robin Huser was brilliant on a free a few years in. Turkes was prolific for me in the Super League, last screenshot I have of him is on page 16. Not the greatest stats but decent enough on the important ones. If I can make him prolific anybody can lol

Edited by Walkers

Ended up winning the league with vaduz easily, then got approach by Everton or palace (they just went down)  fancied a rebuilding job and more finances so went palace and ended my vaduz adventure with what could of been in the division higher.  I ended up signing bruun larsen for palace and he's still a monster. I'd recommend anyone getting him on loan or permanent if you can. Also signed jovic marcovic some romainian 18 year old who's got lots of potential. 

Currently top with palace in January and vaduz currently lies bottom of swiss top league,  the new manager signed some right dross, there lucky they still have Steven madividi and Toni Martinez as well as Marcus Edwards who I all got on loan for 2 years else I'd doubt they would have any points on the table at all! 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends how desperate you are to play FM19 straight away - in my experience, the FM games tend to take a month or so of patching to iron out the various match engine oddities etc before they feel like something I'm confident investing dozens to hundreds of hours in. If you shop around, you can probably get FM18 now for about £10-15, then pick up a well-patched copy of FM19 in the Christmas sales for £25-30.

On 13/08/2018 at 20:54, WiFoxes said:

For those who are avid FM players, at this point am I better off waiting until November 2 to get FM19? Or worth it to pick up FM18 now?

I'm sticking with 18 for a bit unless they offer me a mad discount on the new game again. BUT i do think theres a big announcement coming, radical changes and new features are rumoured.