Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

Making very slow progress. Beat Differdange of Luxembourg 6-1 on agg in the 1st round and then fairly comfortably beat Domzale of Slovenia 2-1 home and away to set up a tie against Swiss side Sion of all teams lol I imagine thats as far as i'll get but the draw was as kind as it could be, Bordeaux, Braga and Bilbao were the other possibilities. Pissed off again though on yet another FM in a lesser European League i'm being made to play games on the Thursday and then Saturday. I don't want to have to but i'll be forced into enabling the Saturday/Wednesday thing

Edited by Walkers

I think it's safe to say I've had my usual false start on this lol 

Gone back to an old favourite and started with Fulham, not quite the talent they had last year and some real crap all playing in the same position but going okay so far.

I know it's the BETA but i've never known one this glitchy, hopefully already spotted and being worked on by the guys at FM and not something that will take a few updates to fix.

3 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Football Manager to feature gay players

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41796686

Shouldn't really be a talking point in 2017, but alas it is. Brave move by Miles Jacobson and SI. Well done. :appl:

Millions of people play Football Manager globally, good to see them doing their bit to change attitudes.

Still sad to see some neanderthals coming out of their caves to furiously bash away at their keyboards in reaction to it.

• Like 2

I really dislike this game more and more year on year. There is just way too much detail, I can't complain because they need to keep adding new stuff but it's just not for me. Too many variables needed in the correct places for the game to feel comfortable at best. Then classic FM or whatever the lesser detail one is called is just too little

17 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Shouldn't really be a talking point in 2017, but alas it is. Brave move by Miles Jacobson and SI. Well done. :appl:

Millions of people play Football Manager globally, good to see them doing their bit to change attitudes.

Still sad to see some neanderthals coming out of their caves to furiously bash away at their keyboards in reaction to it.

Agree with this, my overriding reaction to this is that in 2017 it's sad it's seen as such a big deal. But you never know, might help things in the long run.

I'll pay up for this tonight I think and get on the Beta. How have people found it tactically? Over recent versions I've changed how I play on every version. For my sins, I am the type of player who likes to build a side on my principles, can be a bit stubborn at times. Is this the year of three at the back?

On 30/10/2017 at 13:21, Far Post Gerry said:

Pre-match advice doesn't seem to have got any better. Michael Appleton keeps on telling me we should use a 442 in the next match, despite the fact it's not one of my 3 formations and we've never played it. Bit annoying.

It’ll be his ‘preferred’ formation in his profile i imagine. There’s no actual logic to the suggestion.

On 30/10/2017 at 18:03, Far Post Gerry said:

Does anyone else have trouble seeing the ball in the match engine? Feels like watching ice hockey - i've got no idea where i'm supposed to be looking.

I always speed the match up a bit, but don't remember it being like this before. Or maybe my eyes are going.

Yes. 

I was tempted to file that as a bug report... but then, that requires effort.

On 30/10/2017 at 18:08, Walkers said:

I really dislike this game more and more year on year. There is just way too much detail, I can't complain because they need to keep adding new stuff but it's just not for me. Too many variables needed in the correct places for the game to feel comfortable at best. Then classic FM or whatever the lesser detail one is called is just too little

Wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t feel you were largely completing similar actions over and over again.

Read your emails, set the training for the week ahead, rotate the side, respond to the scout reports, wait for the days to flick by, give the same team talk for the 102nd time, play the game, make subs around the 60th, 70th and 85-90th minutes... go to the press conference to answer the same question in the same way for the 102nd time....

I literally have no idea what I'm doing wrong 

My results are all over the place, I'm 14th with Leicester, but I somehow go from beating top of the table Man City 4-0 to losing 3-1 to bottom of the table Swansea with the same players.

Also I've pissed off every player that doesn't start week in week out as I'm rotating a fair bit. 

20 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I haven't had chance to play the beta yet, but I'm going to try and come up with a Pep inspired mad attacking formation. Could go awfully wrong, but we'll see lol.

Unless they've overhauled massively (unlikely) it's quite easy to make a mad top heavy formation and still be solid. 

Depends how much they've toned down full backs. 

A good LB and RB can provide so much attacking power without sacrificing defensive strength that you can then pack the middle with attackers. 

I'm just sticking to FMT for now. Had a dodgy start but just had five straight wins which has propelled me up to about 7th. 

Nearly threw the laptop out of the window when Knockeart scored a 90+3 minute equaliser with their first shot on target of the game though!