Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

I imagine this is shit because i'm playing a fairly normal tactic and not a bollocks 2-1-3-4 formation? I'm having to actually watch the 3d because the only commentary is broke at the minute, it would be respectable had this been the first game it was introduced. What an absolute shambles. I've been told in the past to watch it because you can identify where my players are going wrong. So

What am I supposed to stop my players jogging with the ball in the middle of the pitch, and then stopping on the spot until a player on the other team takes the ball?

What am I supposed to do for my matches to be anything close to slightly exciting? I have key highlights on and I don't know whether this has a different meaning this year because there are some halves where absolutely zilch happens. I was convinced at first that it meant everything that came up resulted in a goal because thats what was happening until about the 6th time. I've played half the season and its been an absolute struggle all the way through. Can somebody suggest a basic formation, with decent instructions regardless of my players qualities etc. even from a previous game.

Also I presume people that are winning the CL with Leicester two years in make their manager an ex legendary footballer or whatever the top thing is? Still get messages at HT etc. saying my players aren't remotely interested in what I have to say which is just a tad pathetic given I haven't upset anyone so far

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I imagine this is shit because i'm playing a fairly normal tactic and not a bollocks 2-1-3-4 formation? I'm having to actually watch the 3d because the only commentary is broke at the minute, it would be respectable had this been the first game it was introduced. What an absolute shambles. I've been told in the past to watch it because you can identify where my players are going wrong. So

What am I supposed to stop my players jogging with the ball in the middle of the pitch, and then stopping on the spot until a player on the other team takes the ball?

What am I supposed to do for my matches to be anything close to slightly exciting? I have key highlights on and I don't know whether this has a different meaning this year because there are some halves where absolutely zilch happens. I was convinced at first that it meant everything that came up resulted in a goal because thats what was happening until about the 6th time. I've played half the season and its been an absolute struggle all the way through. Can somebody suggest a basic formation, with decent instructions regardless of my players qualities etc. even from a previous game.

Also I presume people that are winning the CL with Leicester two years in make their manager an ex legendary footballer or whatever the top thing is? Still get messages at HT etc. saying my players aren't remotely interested in what I have to say which is just a tad pathetic given I haven't upset anyone so far

Alright Tony Pulis. 

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Every game! "the atmosphere in the room disappears as soon as you walk and and no one is remotely interested in what you have to say". Jesus - could be My House Simulator!

46 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm a little bit disappointed with the new version so far to be honest. The UI seems to have been made less intuative. I like the new scouting "cards", but end up with hundreds of them to sort through - a bit like football Tinder.

With you on this! Always the same people as well.

There's a lot of things that are annoying me at the minute and I've never been one to moan about FM :( 

I'm sure i'll be hooked in a month or two but the Beta is so buggy it's close to unplayable. 

(edit) I'll retract that last line... didn't realise they'd released an update as haven't been home in a few days.

Edited by AjcW

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm a little bit disappointed with the new version so far to be honest. The UI seems to have been made less intuative. I like the new scouting "cards", but end up with hundreds of them to sort through - a bit like football Tinder.

Can't get the hang of the scouting system. What happened to the emails you used to get, telling you when a report was complete? Now you have to constantly go back into the scouting section and search for the report you requested (and, as you say, flick through loads of other random reports you didn't ask for). 

Also once you click "add to shortlist", the report card disappears so you can't read it!

I'll prob get used to it but pretty annoying at the moment. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Far Post Gerry said:

Can't get the hang of the scouting system. What happened to the emails you used to get, telling you when a report was complete? Now you have to constantly go back into the scouting section and search for the report you requested (and, as you say, flick through loads of other random reports you didn't ask for). 

Also once you click "add to shortlist", the report card disappears so you can't read it!

I'll prob get used to it but pretty annoying at the moment. 

Ditto. Granted, I've only played about an hour or so of the beta, but I couldn't believe they'd taken out the emails from scouts. Who's got the time to sort through loads of reports to find the one you want? That, along with what I feel is a more cluttered and less user friendly UI, makes the beta a chore to play (for me, at least), hence why I've only played an hour or so.

I've gone back to a save on FM2017, hopefully they implement a lot of changes for the full release. 

22 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Iheanacho is a beast on this!

Him and Slim are bossing it for me. Vardy getting the hump because he's benched 

Are you playing them as a pair?

Totally the opposite for me! Vardy (as DF on his own up front) is scoring for fun, while Slim's got an average rating of about 6.4. Nacho injured.

Managed to sell King and Ulloa for a combined £25m. In fact i sold King and got Delph plus £6m change!

7 hours ago, fleshdaddy said:

Ditto. Granted, I've only played about an hour or so of the beta, but I couldn't believe they'd taken out the emails from scouts. Who's got the time to sort through loads of reports to find the one you want? That, along with what I feel is a more cluttered and less user friendly UI, makes the beta a chore to play (for me, at least), hence why I've only played an hour or so.

I've gone back to a save on FM2017, hopefully they implement a lot of changes for the full release. 

It always feels a bit annoying and clumsy to start with (like someone's rearranged all your kitchen cupboards and you can't find anything). Usually you get used to it.

That said, i'm not sure i'll ever get used to this new scouting system.

17 minutes ago, Far Post Gerry said:

Totally the opposite for me! Vardy (as DF on his own up front) is scoring for fun, while Slim's got an average rating of about 6.4. Nacho injured.

Managed to sell King and Ulloa for a combined £25m. In fact i sold King and got Delph plus £6m change!

Yeah, playing 4-4-2 with them both as Complete Forwards. 

Need to identify a decent RB though...

3 hours ago, Far Post Gerry said:

I got Delph in on loan, He played pretty much every game and his rating went from ''good PL player'' to ''Leading Championship player'' I didn't take up the option to buy him lol

19 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Mmmm .... Having a few problems if anyone has suggestions ta !

Started full Beta game as Chesterfield. All went well until trying to process my first 'friendly' Three weeks in.

As soon as I pressed the proceed to game button the game crashed... (crash dump error) and closed itself down. Happened 3-4 times so I tweaked and emptied the 'dump' files...(as you do).

Game now progresses and the match takes place BUT, all of the players and the stadium are silhouettes, so I basically have 22 players all wearing all black and no detail....Any ideas ??

Oh...and not getting any highlights option other than 'full game' !

Reading the Si Forums and Miles twitter this is a known issue which will be addressed in the full release next week. 

It’s incredibly limited on the player role flexibility.

used to be pretty easy to get a whole team in bright green using a simple tactic. 

With wolves for example im having to play two guys in a DM position to fit my best players in the team because if I put them in further forward midfield positions they go to orange! 

11 hours ago, AjcW said:

It’s incredibly limited on the player role flexibility.

used to be pretty easy to get a whole team in bright green using a simple tactic. 

With wolves for example im having to play two guys in a DM position to fit my best players in the team because if I put them in further forward midfield positions they go to orange! 

That doesn’t actually matter much, the only downside in game when playing a player out of their natural positions is a slight hit to the decisions attribute 

• Like 1

Also really do want to praise the UX of the match screen.

I used to always turn notifications off because of how annoying the pop ups would be, similarly with wanting to check on important scores. But now they're all in one simple place it's excellent!

So had a brilliant first season, romping to 3rd place - might have been better but for my dodgy start. Won the League Cup, and got to the FA Cup Final. 

Second season. Can't win for shit. Finished bottom of CL Group of Death (Inter, Shaktar and Barcelona). Players getting injured every week. Plunge down the league to 17th at Christmas. Sacked on New Year's Eve!