Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

I do think the whole club/squad needs a tougher bloke in next. Ranieri....I think the players ran the fookin roost. And Shakey looks too pally pally with them.

These players need a tough nut who won't take any shite from them whatsoever and who has the minerals to back it up.

Theres too much complacency at LCFC..going right to the top imo.

I wouldn't dismiss Dyche, for this reason and I'd not be too worried about giving Pearson another go..as long as he's sorted his head out.

Pearson, I think, would get the deadwood out of this club faster than you can say 'Ahmed Musa'.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I do think the whole club/squad needs a tougher bloke in next. Ranieri....I think the players ran the fookin roost. And Shakey looks too pally pally with them.

These players need a tough nut who won't take any shite from them whatsoever and who has the minerals to back it up.

Theres too much complacency at LCFC..going right to the top imo.

I wouldn't dismiss Dyche, for this reason and I'd not be too worried about giving Pearson another go..as long as he's sorted his head out.

Pearson, I think, would get the deadwood out of this club faster than you can say 'Ahmed Musa'.

100% agree with all of that . The list at the start of this thread though is unrealistic ie Anchelotti, not a chance! The others at best unlikely. 

Dyche a great call and underated imo but would he really leave Burnley? We have to be realistic. Would big Sam come? Not everybody's favourite but a proper no nonsense manager and vastly underated Imo. Mancini may fit the mould but currently employed. It has to be someone with enough gravitas to really be in charge .  Klinsmann may be a free agent very soon, failure with the US, but they have their own different problems, but in Europe, he was highly regarded if he still has the hunger for a project. I really don't know but we have to quickly get rid of Shakespeare and be realistic. 

Dyche has a low ceiling, we'd be playing a bit better coached version of what we are already. 

Really missed a trick with Silva as he can coach both how to defend properly and count attacking but also is very progressive with the ball too, makes good signings as well.

Big Sam?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41626593

To summarise:- "I would consider a return to management if someone wanted me, but I would be very picky as to which club I'd go to". City perhaps would perhaps fit the bill, with Shakespeare as an Assistant, as he was in Sam's England setup? A defeat by West Brom tomorrow night, or even a draw, could bring all that nearer? 

12 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Big Sam?

To summarise:- "I would consider a return to management if someone wanted me, but I would be very picky as to which club I'd go to". City perhaps would perhaps fit the bill, with Shakespeare as an Assistant, as he was in Sam's England setup? A defeat by West Brom tomorrow night, or even a draw, could bring all that nearer? 

8aff70_301f1beace174f9dac7f9ee93b4f6d76-mv2.jpg

1 hour ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Big Sam?

I'm bored of watching our style of play, it'd only get worse under Allardyce so no thanks.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm bored of watching our style of play, it'd only get worse under Allardyce so no thanks.

By the time we appoint a new manager I think we will have bigger worries than how pretty our football looks. I'd take winning ugly pver relegation.

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

By the time we appoint a new managerI think we will have bigger worries than how pretty our football looks. I'd take winning ugly pver relegation.

Well if the owners leave it as late as they did last season then we will.

But I'd rather have someone with a long term idea rather than getting managers in purely to keep us up otherwise we'll be going around in circles like Palace.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Allardyce would be the easy option and I'd be disappointed if we took that route but we'd do ok under him. There'd be no change to the philosophy of the team and club though which needs to happen long term.

I'd rather we didn't either but at least he's a big believer in sports science and analytics which is somewhat closer to where we were

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I'd rather we didn't either but at least he's a big believer in sports science and analytics which is somewhat closer to where we were

He'd do well here but for how long is the question and at some point we need a big overhaul here. I appreciate we won't see the big changes we want all at once but Allardyce would continue to give the owners the belief that the way we are as a club is fine when it clearly isn't. 

Archived