Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

On 14/10/2017 at 22:16, Col city fan said:

I do think the whole club/squad needs a tougher bloke in next. Ranieri....I think the players ran the fookin roost. And Shakey looks too pally pally with them.

These players need a tough nut who won't take any shite from them whatsoever and who has the minerals to back it up.

Theres too much complacency at LCFC..going right to the top imo.

I wouldn't dismiss Dyche, for this reason and I'd not be too worried about giving Pearson another go..as long as he's sorted his head out.

Pearson, I think, would get the deadwood out of this club faster than you can say 'Ahmed Musa'.

He'll be in before Christmas.

35 minutes ago, RGFox said:

I'd take fat sam all day long as survival is paramount. 

There's enough fast-food chains in the city to keep him occupied when no games are on..

Seriously, he's had his fair share of success and after his embarrassing private video was released, my respect for him has gone tbh, and his style wouldn't completely fit with our normally high-tempo play.

I think the management structure as a whole needs looking at.

The scouting / recruitment sides of the club - Macia's and Rudkin's departments - don't seem to be working effectively with the 'footballing side'. Huge amounts of money have been spent on failed signings. New players are poorly integrated, or go unfancied by managers. Then there's the Silva business.

I don't think Shakespeare can be the first head to roll after that fiasco.

Back in Pearson's day, he'd set up the scouting network - so they were his men. At first there was no DoF and NP had a central role in the transfer policy. But these aren't Shakespeare's men, those that are left. Macia and his crew even less so.

Even with Walsh at the club, it was going wrong because there wasn't a clear, unified sense of how to take the team forward without the Pearson-era leadership. That needs to be addressed sooner or later.

There's imbalance in our management set-up. Very little experience. No ex-attackers on the coaching staff, only lower league GKs, CBs and DCMs. We could introduce a more experienced coach to work with CS, or a more football-minded DoF (perhaps an experienced boss looking for a possible path back into top flight management). A Nige, a Sam, an O'Neill. Some of those may even be willing, in time, to take on the manager's role and continue to work with CS, if they've already established a relationship.

CS doesn't look the part, it's true, but there are other problems at the club and there are alternatives to firing him.

3 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Pay Chris Coleman a wedge to leave Wales at least they may play with passion heart and desire again.  Not this turgid shite we are currently serving up.

Rather Chris Coleman than this site's love in for Rafa "f'in" Benitez or NFP.  CC is used to playing with & getting performances out of mediocre players + Andy King :whistle:

The worrying thing is that whenever we've sacked a manager in the past seven years we've taken far too long to get a replacement in. We never have anyone lined up and I'm almost certain the people responsible for finding a manager aren't knowledgable enough about managers abroad either so it all points to Shakespeare being sacked and us being left managerless for a month before appointing Allardyce on a three year deal. IMG_0928.thumb.JPG.457a2247cadb7bdd2c317b88fdd40764.JPG 

I'd take Dyche over all them. Our team needs the egos taking out of it. Much like Pearson did after the Sven era, Dyche wouldn't stand for it and think he would suit us well. Similar to NP but not as controversial 

MON - Too old now for club management 

Ancelotti - wouldn't come here

Howe - overrated 

Wagner - OK but time will tell

Rafa - Good but again overrated 

Tuchel - would he come?

Pearson - would love him back but can't see it happening.

I'd take Large Samuel, but doubt he'll come out of retirement for us. Isn't he mates with Shakespeare and Pearson? Probably wont want to take Shakey's job..

Tuchel please. Someone that will come in and actually has no attachment to the players so they'll have to improve.

10 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Rafa, wagner or tuchel. 

Prefer Rafa and tbh he's probably available considering ashley is now selling up. 

I would've thought there was no chance Rafa will leave now. He'll have backing and a team above us in the league - a "big" team.

Such boring football was played last night. Shakey looks lost. We need more of a tactician, someone who has a more obvious plan. He does not seem inspiring at all. He was an easy option thatwe are now regetting. I was up for giving him a go, but its just too bad now. We had the quality to beat them, and we didnt. saaad.

9 hours ago, Bob666 said:

Rather Chris Coleman than this site's love in for Rafa "f'in" Benitez or NFP.  CC is used to playing with & getting performances out of mediocre players + Andy King :whistle:

What on earth? Benitez has been a winner pretty much everywhere he's been. He's taken over Newcastle who were one of the most poorly ran clubs in years with one of the worst owners and he's got them straight back up and they are competing at this level with a frustrating lack of dough spent this summer. He wouldn't settle for the pony that goes on at this club either, we need a strong leader. Coleman might be strong willed too but he's also very very mediocre as a manager at club level. Look at his achievements, they're an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Can I throw Brendan Rodgers name into the ring? 

Must be ready for a challenge after winning everything he can in Scotland and still a massive point to prove down south.

He's a weirdo, but he's done a decent job at most places he's been. Laughable when people are up klopps arse and last time I checked his record was worse than Roger's there.

Just now, Babylon said:

He's a weirdo, but he's done a decent job at most places he's been. Laughable when people are up klopps arse and last time I checked his record was worse than Roger's there.

Rodgers had one of the greatest players in the World (Suarez).

Archived