Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just watched the full "fvck off and die" video, had me in absolute stitches. 

The guy is a hero, not just for everything he did for the club but how he gets middle aged men absolutely foaming at the mouth in fits of rage lol 

BUT WE PAY ARE MONEY WE CAN SAY WHAT WE WNAT BUT HE IS A FOOTBALL MANGER AN SHUD HAVE SOME REPSECT WE PAY HIS CELERY

5 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

The more I think about it the more I think Dyche could do a job here right now.

Yes, it'd still be 4-4-2 but it'd be solid, organised and everyone would know what their job was.

Our players have looked like uninterested headless chickens for nearly 2 seasons now - someone needs to pull their head out of the sky and Dyche could do that. 

Burnley don't play 4-4-2, so no reason to assume Leicester would.

The big reason he might come - closer to home, moneybags owners.  The big reasons he might not - no pre-season training with the players, taking a step back down to the bottom three, and above all that he's not necessarily a quick starter and he knows that if Leicester are still in the bottom three at Christmas, he'll likely be sacked.  He's not getting the sack at Burnley.

Would he be allowed to run the club however he wants at Leicester?  Decisions on who to sign and who not to sign, given a general budget but no-one to tell him how to spend it, the Board of Directors listening to him even on subjects like spending on the training ground?  Basically, if he says jump, would the Chairman jump?

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Dyche will jump at the chance of getting his hands on some proper dosh!! 

Would he? Would ruin his ready made excuse. No more we're doing the best we can with the little budget we have bullshit when you've got a £30m striker on the bench. 

13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

BUT WE PAY ARE MONEY WE CAN SAY WHAT WE WNAT BUT HE IS A FOOTBALL MANGER AN SHUD HAVE SOME REPSECT WE PAY HIS CELERY

I love the image in my mind that Big Nige is using the severance money we paid him to stock his fridge with Celery.  Some managers chew gum... Pearson.... CELERY!

16 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Re-appointing Pearson now would be even more disastrous than keeping Shakespeare would have been...

The players who won us the league, (though won't do again, and who are ageing together), need to have their seeming 'internal influence' bringing to a halt ASAP .... For the long-term good of the club we don't want 'their old mate Nigel' in charge again.

We need a new broom....hopefully a strict one !

If the 'boys of 2016' don't like it they should be shipped out, en-masse if necessary ! Fresh management, sadly, doesn't address the entire problem !

Nigel wasn't their mate though.

He was the boss and what he did was fair. He sorts the wheat from the chaff.

The players respected him because he was straight down the line and those who worked hardest and performed well were selected.

This "big name" fascination of the ownership group is ill-conceived. We need an up-and-comer with fresh ideas and enthusiasm, not a manager we are rewarding for what he accomplished in the past.

We need the to be looking for the next Julian Nagelsmann. In our league, guys like Howe and Marco Silva are what we should be shooting for. FFS, give me Villas-Boas before Ancelotti. Go interview Lee Johnson at Bristol City. Show some bloody sack and hire the best manager we can, not the best manager who will come here who has managed a big club.  

Leicester is not the team that signs great managers, but it CAN be the place managers become great. We have to show some sense though.

“There was five of them,” he recalled, “and what they do is that one goes for you and the others [circle] around until one of them can bring you down – what they essentially do is rip the throat out.”

He said he had escaped them first time by throwing himself into a “patch of brambles and nettles” where he knew the dogs would not follow. When they attacked a second time he had only his walking poles to defend himself. “I backed myself against a tree,” Pearson said. “I thought ‘I don’t want to get attacked from behind’. I was absolutely goosed by this point.” He did not go into details about how he survived, saying only that he “managed to get rid of them”.

35 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

“He said he had escaped them first time by throwing himself into a “patch of brambles and nettles” where he knew the dogs would not follow. When they attacked a second time he had only his walking poles to defend himself. “I backed myself against a tree,” Pearson said. “I thought ‘I don’t want to get attacked from behind’. I was absolutely goosed by this point.” He did not go into details about how he survived, saying only that he “managed to get rid of them”.

Stealing this, what a quote by a truly great man

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not only would I love to see Nige back here at some point but the uproar here would cause me a great deal of satisfaction 

It certainly would when we end up getting relegated and playing a flat back five at home to Hull City again.

55 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

The players respected him because he was straight down the line and those who worked hardest and performed well were selected.

This! How many times was Vardy left on the bench? The same with the Knockaert/Mahrez situation, Mahrez was working harder at the time.

Does anyone think that the owners are looking abroad for the new man? I don't mean ancellotti but there are foreign managers out there not in jobs. You only have to look at southampton no one had heard of pochettino when he went there. We just seem to get linked with the same old names. No one had heard of Marco silva this time last year but hes doing well at watford. I just hope think it's an avenue to explore. 

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It certainly would when we end up getting relegated and playing a flat back five at home to Hull City again.

Hehe I’d completely forgotten about that game! It was a 10-man Hull City for most of the second half - but Nige kept five defenders on the pitch to secure a 0-0 draw.

Golden days.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Top proven managers won't come to Leicester, stop being delusional.

People available to us as those at smaller overperforming clubs at our level, out of work (for being crap) managers, or someone from lower/foreign leagues who are unproven here but fancy a crack in England and aren't already at a decent club.

Top managers is the sense of top quality, proven almost guaranteed good appointment managers don't tend to fall into those categories.

This is what we need to be aiming at IMO, a potential world class manager who just hasn't been given a chance yet at a bigger club. We're not going to get someone who will be in line for a big job when the next one comes along like Ancelotti. Even Tuchel doesn't want the job because there's a possible chance he gets at least a similar club to Dortmund or higher for his next job and if he's still waiting around next summer because none of the big clubs want him there'll be plenty of clubs similar to Leicester to give him a job.

I'd guess there are at least a dozen or so managers hidden at lesser clubs who could be the next big thing if only they got the opportunity. I hope we're scouring the world looking for him although I wouldn't be surprised to end up with a totally deflating choice. :(

Archived