• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It certainly would when we end up getting relegated and playing a flat back five at home to Hull City again.

Hehe I’d completely forgotten about that game! It was a 10-man Hull City for most of the second half - but Nige kept five defenders on the pitch to secure a 0-0 draw.

Golden days.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Top proven managers won't come to Leicester, stop being delusional.

People available to us as those at smaller overperforming clubs at our level, out of work (for being crap) managers, or someone from lower/foreign leagues who are unproven here but fancy a crack in England and aren't already at a decent club.

Top managers is the sense of top quality, proven almost guaranteed good appointment managers don't tend to fall into those categories.

This is what we need to be aiming at IMO, a potential world class manager who just hasn't been given a chance yet at a bigger club. We're not going to get someone who will be in line for a big job when the next one comes along like Ancelotti. Even Tuchel doesn't want the job because there's a possible chance he gets at least a similar club to Dortmund or higher for his next job and if he's still waiting around next summer because none of the big clubs want him there'll be plenty of clubs similar to Leicester to give him a job.

I'd guess there are at least a dozen or so managers hidden at lesser clubs who could be the next big thing if only they got the opportunity. I hope we're scouring the world looking for him although I wouldn't be surprised to end up with a totally deflating choice. :(

Tuchel 

Silva

Dyche/Wagner

Anyone else

Coleman

is how I rank the possibilities. If Tuchel is one. 

17 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It certainly would when we end up getting relegated and playing a flat back five at home to Hull City again.

Yeah you’re right he was a terrible manager for us. My bad!

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Tuchel 

Silva

Dyche/Wagner

Anyone else

Coleman

is how I rank the possibilities. If Tuchel is one. 

I would add SheppyFox and Garth Crooks to that least.

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Completely agree southampton seem to go foreign every season and they do well. I remember when silva was appointed at hull last season and merse critised it yet a few weeks later he was praising him. Just because they havent heard of someone does not mean there a bad manager. 

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10720871/merson8217s-manager-rant

7 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

#VoteBob

@Col city fan and @SheppyFox as my assistants. :D

Like I said, I won the champions league 3 times with Burton on FM17. No credible argument could be made against me. I’ll bring back the glory days. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Frank Burrows is coming back, unfinished business according to Honigstein

image.png.e48f2e0a5efe92fe7fb60f0cdcb1745a.png

I'm afraid Frank is too busy filming Peaky Blinders series 4 to take the job.

• Haha 2

Andy King will most likely want Chris Coleman as manager so he can get back in the starting lineup again

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

You know nothing then!

Everything from the outside at Watford last season looked awful. No connection with players, fans, even his backroom staff at times.. not to mention he can't speak English. We might aswell go after Felix Magath if we want Mazzarri

Maybe not the best example to use since neither would be options but the examples of Tuchel and Simeone interest me.

In Simeones case you cant deny that hes done an exceptional job shaking the Barca/Real duopoly but does the 'he'd fit right into any club in the world' talk hold up?

He has an advantage at Madrid in that he is speaking his first language. Squad has players from countries who have no barrier with the language either so the onus is on a player new to Spanish culture to get up to speed. Say he goes to Liverpool next season and the onus is on him to get the message across this time but results dont go his way and hes seen as overrated. 

In his home country Klopp was able to relay his message to the players and not hesitate with a second language in interviews or team meetings. It might be the same for Tuchel. If someone unsure of getting through to the players due to difficulties speaking the same language that hesitancy could be precious game time lost.

Might have been a factor too in Pep not setting the world alight at Man City last year.

Not every home nation manager is a genius either but the years spent with Pearson in charge of us our rise as a club might never have happened with a non English speaker in charge. The impact Pulis had on Stoke, Dyche at Burnley or Sir Alex at Man Utd was surely helped greatly by the fact that they were all home grown.

Edited by Blue ROI

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Ancellotti is in London watching Chelsea. 

Its happening

Yeah and he is probably watching Chelsea to see how Leicester play as we are so similar in technical ability etc? . . . . 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Yeah and he is probably watching Chelsea to see how Leicester play as we are so similar in technical ability etc? . . . . 

Come on Bob, none of Chelsea's midfield would get in our team

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Ancellotti is in London watching Chelsea. 

Its happening

Yep. Pretty sure that's a Fox Leisure men's trench coat he's wearing.