Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

1 minute ago, Mr Mister said:

Get a manager that plays beautiful attacking football. 

DO NOT HIRE A DEFENSIVE DULLARD!

Marcelo Gallardo - plays amazing attacking football and was tipped to be next at Atletico if Simone moved on.  Think we'd struggle to get him, but definitely not a dullard!

David Fishwick minibus sales and Oak Furniture Land.

Or, the prestigious King Power and Walker's Crisps.

It's a no-brainer that Leicester City has more to offer commercially than a small Lancashire town that has probably over-achieved over the past few seasons.

If Dyche says no, what then? 

And RE Moyes I think it’s unfair to assume that he wouldn’t be any good... he’s had a pretty torrid few years granted but with a stable club around him and financial backing I don’t think he would be a disaster. His work at Everton still has yet to be topped so he clearly has an idea how to run a club... Hnited was a mistake, his silly venture abroad a bad life choice and Sunderland a ticking time bomb. Could be the perfect opportunity for him to price his career back together, mind you were used to managers insulting journalists? 

Times like this are when I have to lay low - I don’t have nearly enough collective knowledge to speculate or suggest managerial candidates. 

That said - Dyche would be decent, but would we give him any time at all to build something? Seems to be that our owners have little tolerance for mediocre performances - or is it little tolerance for a lack of graft on the pitch? Hard to say.  

6 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

If Dyche says no, what then? 

And RE Moyes I think it’s unfair to assume that he wouldn’t be any good... he’s had a pretty torrid few years granted but with a stable club around him and financial backing I don’t think he would be a disaster. His work at Everton still has yet to be topped so he clearly has an idea how to run a club... Hnited was a mistake, his silly venture abroad a bad life choice and Sunderland a ticking time bomb. Could be the perfect opportunity for him to price his career back together, mind you were used to managers insulting journalists? 

We are hardly stable. 

Plus he's shite and uninspiring. 

6 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Times like this are when I have to lay low - I don’t have nearly enough collective knowledge to speculate or suggest managerial candidates. 

That doesn't stop anyone else.

I think we will take a chance with a foreign manager. I know we tried Sousa and Sven in the past, but those were different days with different expectations. If we truly want to move to the next stage of growth we need someone who can change our style. We tried it with Claudio and though he lost the dressing room in his second season he showed it can work.

If we can't get Ancelotti / Pellegrini / Benitez (none of which I think we will get) then I think we'll take a chance on a foreign up and comer. Or we might go for Brendan Rogers. Someone with a more progressive style.

I just can't see us going for Dyche / Allardyce / Pardew simply because they aren't really any different style-wise to Shakespeare. I don't think we would have gone down with Shakey (we did draw in his last game, not lose) but we'd be in the mix all season long. Our owners are themselves football fans on top of running the club as a business. They won't have enjoyed watching the recent dross, just like we haven't. 

At least I want to believe all of the above is true! The biggest difference since winning the title is that we've been terrible to watch since then. In the title year, though we played 442 and low possession, we were very exciting to watch. Our counter attacks were a thing of beauty and we got about teams to win the ball back quickly. We need to change it up!

24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

David Fishwick minibus sales and Oak Furniture Land.

Or, the prestigious King Power and Walker's Crisps.

It's a no-brainer that Leicester City has more to offer commercially than a small Lancashire town that has probably over-achieved over the past few seasons.

A small Lancashire town that has over-achieved for most of its history, actually.  (Not in the 1980's and 1990's, though!)  There's no reason why a town one fifth the size of Leicester, and with a much smaller catchment area, should have won more Championships and FA Cups than Leicester.  But that's the way it is; it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog that matters.  (You might hear that from Dyche if, God forbid, you appoint him.)

But the advantage of Burnley being a small town is that you can get away from the grim parts in 5 minutes.  I'm sure Leicester has its grim parts too, and they're a lot further from the scenic countryside.

I get the feeling these are just rumours saying that someone is favourite, the amount of times the press got it wrong last time was shocking.

My guess is that the meeting to discuss it hasn't actually happened yet, so don't panic just yet. 

This was my worry. I had hoped that the club would have at least had someone who they thought might express an interest in the job before letting Shakey go. I want the right fit for the club and one that'll fit the owners long term plan. 

I can take a few bumps along the way, but I'd love to be a stable Prem side with a manger that'll be here for at least a couple of seasons.

We have to go for oscar garcia plays a more up to date formation and brand of football managed  silva and slimani at sporting lisbon and maguire at hull so already aquainted with these guys who could make the spine of a team , very highly rated got richarlisson in into watford very impressive guy we should do all we can to get him cant be on a long term deal at watford surely 

8 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I just can't believe that we would **** it up AGAIN by not researching and sounding out someone new before chopping CS. 

It's so ****ing amateur it hurts. 

Maybe its club policy to not undermine current regimes by looking at alternatives whilst they still have someone in charge?

Non stop raining negativity on here from some, the managers sacked and we're trying to piece the next chapter together - thats a plus on what we've all been feeling from about Huddersfield onwards. Its evident from the last few appointments with the Thais we take our time making this decision, theres an orderly process that has usually paid off in the past.

2 minutes ago, ADAMSKI97 said:

We have to go for oscar garcia plays a more up to date formation and brand of football managed  silva and slimani at sporting lisbon and maguire at hull so already aquainted with these guys who could make the spine of a team , very highly rated got richarlisson in into watford very impressive guy we should do all we can to get him cant be on a long term deal at watford surely 

Marco Silva you mean?

Archived