Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

If Dyche says no, what then? 

And RE Moyes I think it’s unfair to assume that he wouldn’t be any good... he’s had a pretty torrid few years granted but with a stable club around him and financial backing I don’t think he would be a disaster. His work at Everton still has yet to be topped so he clearly has an idea how to run a club... Hnited was a mistake, his silly venture abroad a bad life choice and Sunderland a ticking time bomb. Could be the perfect opportunity for him to price his career back together, mind you were used to managers insulting journalists? 

Inclined to agree. Succeeding Fergie at Man U was always an impossible task and Sunderland are so shit they could make any manager look bang average (O'Neill included). 

Give him time and he could help turn us into the stable, well-run club we want to be. The big reservations though are his personality and style of football he plays. Both a bit dull.

2 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

Maybe its club policy to not undermine current regimes by looking at alternatives whilst they still have someone in charge?

Non stop raining negativity on here from some, the managers sacked and we're trying to piece the next chapter together - thats a plus on what we've all been feeling from about Huddersfield onwards. Its evident from the last few appointments with the Thais we take our time making this decision, theres an orderly process that has usually paid off in the past.

It isn't underminding a manager to just keep tabs on who's doing a good job, it's basic common bloody sense.

We have no orderly process, Pearson and Shakespeare were just people Rudkin knew, Ranieri and Sven just the most famous person interested, we lucked out with one.

Inbetween good sources have only pointed towards people Rudkin has worked with or knows (O'Neill or Lennon) and more famous names any fool could

pick.

Zero faith in our "processs" I'm afraid, the more it happens the more it looks like luck over design.

3 hours ago, Callabinho said:

If Dyche says no, what then? 

And RE Moyes I think it’s unfair to assume that he wouldn’t be any good... he’s had a pretty torrid few years granted but with a stable club around him and financial backing I don’t think he would be a disaster. His work at Everton still has yet to be topped so he clearly has an idea how to run a club... Hnited was a mistake, his silly venture abroad a bad life choice and Sunderland a ticking time bomb. Could be the perfect opportunity for him to price his career back together, mind you were used to managers insulting journalists? 

Three giant failures not enough for you? Novel idea, let's go with someone whose last few jobs were a success and not a failure. Tends to be a good way of going about choosing staff.

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Three giant failures not enough for you? Novel idea, let's go with someone whose last few jobs were a success and not a failure. Tends to be a good way of going about choosing staff.

I said just this to a workmate earlier. He said words to the effect of 'O'Neill didn't do much at Norwich, Pearson had barely managed before Leicester, Ranieri had been fired by Greece. On the other hand things had been going swimmingly for Taylor, Levein, Allen, Holloway and Sousa.'

It's so hard to know who'll be the right man for the right moment, who'll get the rub of the green at the pivotal moment.

As for the former, you pick the best guy available and hope it works out, but the best guy won't necessarily have been a rip-roaring success everywhere he's been.

It was a scrappy win, in a dire game against Huddersfield in 1996 which gave O'Neill the chance to become a great boss for us. It was a last gasp win at Forest in 2013, and some fortuitous results, which did just enough to keep Pearson in a job, and therefore win us promotion a year later.

On the other hand, a suicidal second half display at home to West Ham in 2002 cost Bassett the chance to pull us out of the drop zone and turn our season around.

Whether you succeed or fail, almost irrespective of pedigree, depends at some point on a critical moment going your way. I fancy the idea of Moyes much, but there are guys out there who may be well suited to us, but for whom things just didn't fall the last time around.

I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I'd see if Ryan Giggs or Roy Keane would be interested.

I think I'd prefer it to be Giggsy out of the two but notwithstanding we need someone who has a proven pedigree of being a winner and is not upset to stamp their authority on the dressing room. Hopefully someone who will also call Rudkin out for his role in this debacle too over time.

Too many chiefs as the old adage used to go.

23 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I'd see if Ryan Giggs or Roy Keane would be interested.

I think I'd prefer it to be Giggsy out of the two but notwithstanding we need someone who has a proven pedigree of being a winner and is not upset to stamp their authority on the dressing room. Hopefully someone who will also call Rudkin out for his role in this debacle too over time.

Too many chiefs as the old adage used to go.

Giggs hasn’t worked since 2016, and hasn’t managed a game since 2014. 

This club is just madness at times.

It really does seem like our infrastructure at the club is a huge mess. We sacked Ranieri in february and Craig did a marvelous job keeping us in the league and giving us a proud run at the CL. You would think, that the club would then spend the rest of the 16/17 season to sound out a thoroughly researched guy to take the helm. But instead we end up giving the job permanently  to Craig only to sack him a few months in, making you believe, that the club wasn't really convinced about him in the first place. And now it seems, that we really do not have a go-to guy in place and have to restart the process again.... Flippin hell. 

30 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The more and more these absolutely atrocious names get bandied about the more and more I just hope it's Sean Dyche who is at least semi competent.

Blanc or Galtier would be wildcards but we don't have the scope to go for someone who's never worked in this country.

You've got to hope someone like Blanc or Galtier apply for it and therefore Rudkin and our owners become aware of them and bring them in for an interview.

Looking at Blanc's record.. I'm sold! lol

Wonder why he has been out of management for 18 months though. 

Clearly a very talented manager. He would surely be the clean slate that many are after and the big name the owners want.

A whole new approach probably and experience of playing and managing at the highest level. 

Blanc (if at all interetsed), Dyche or Howe for me. 

EDIT: Seems Blanc is very close to securing the USA job. Hope Big Sam can do us a favour there but unlikely.

Come on Dyche and Howe.. Say you're interested or else I will start panicking! 

Archived