Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Looking at Blanc's record.. I'm sold! lol

Wonder why he has been out of management for 18 months though. 

Clearly a very talented manager. He would surely be the clean slate that many are after and the big name the owners want.

A whole new approach probably and experience of playing and managing at the highest level. 

Blanc (if at all interetsed), Dyche or Howe for me. 

EDIT: Seems Blanc is very close to securing the USA job. Hope Big Sam can do us a favour there but unlikely.

Come on Dyche and Howe.. Say you're interested or else I will start panicking! 

Agree here, of all the European 'names' he's probably the most likely as he's out of work, of the others Tuchel/Ancelotti wouldn't touch us at the moment.

And Rudkin does no scouting whatsoever on up and coming European managers. Polar opposite of Les Reed at Southampton, who has a rolling dossier of 5 managers that fit the system/ethos and would likely join if offered. Light years ahead of our reactive and 'square pegs in round holes' approach to recruitment.

37 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Looking at Blanc's record.. I'm sold! lol

Wonder why he has been out of management for 18 months though. 

Clearly a very talented manager. He would surely be the clean slate that many are after and the big name the owners want.

A whole new approach probably and experience of playing and managing at the highest level. 

Blanc (if at all interetsed), Dyche or Howe for me. 

EDIT: Seems Blanc is very close to securing the USA job. Hope Big Sam can do us a favour there but unlikely.

Come on Dyche and Howe.. Say you're interested or else I will start panicking! 

Or a Blanc canvas

57 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Apparently we are not in a rush to sign a new manager and Chris Colemans contract expires in a month. Anybody think he could be the one?

why? 

was it his success at Coventry? or was it his failed attempt at a world cup place with wales that makes coleman the ideal man?

lollol

Really don’t see why any manager currently in a job would look at how the club is run and think it’s an attractive proposition. 

Blanc would be incredible, I’d even be happy with Sam. But you just know it will be Coleman or Pardew and we will have taken another step back.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I think most top level managers would have the confidence/arrogance about them to believe they could turn it around, especially if they were offered a big wage and told they would have a large transfer budget... Which they would 

They would have a large transfer budget, but we have spent big in the last couple of years and done nothing. A change of manager won’t change that as it’s becoming clear the manager isn’t making all decisions on transfers. 

3 minutes ago, Vocey said:

Really don’t see why any manager currently in a job would look at how the club is run and think it’s an attractive proposition. 

Blanc would be incredible, I’d even be happy with Sam. But you just know it will be Coleman or Pardew and we will have taken another step back.

Dyche is apparently on 500k at Burnley and a rolling 1 year contract..  The offer of a 2-3 million/3 year contract may make us a very attractive proposition.  

I can’t argue with you that Dyche would consider us a step up from Burnley, or take any shit due to incompetence around him. But if I was him, I’d be holding tight and eyeing up the everton job instead (if I wasn’t a Leicester fan of course!)

I've been struggling to get myself down to games this year as I refuse to waste my time 'supporting' something that's being as horrifically run as our club is at the moment.

If they appoint Moyes, Coleman or Pardew or a similar calibre of manager then I will simply return / sell my season ticket and stop going. 

I joked that I should just pack football in after our PL win as nothing would ever come close but at no point did I think we'd regress and fall apart in the manner which we have.

I quite frankly have better things to do on a friday evening / saturday afternoon / sunday evening / monday evening (whenever the **** we get told to play games these days) than sit and watch a bunch of overpaid baby-men aimlessly kick a ball about with no intent, no game-plan, no passion, no drive and all without any decent explanation from the club as to why we find ourselves in this situation.  

Unless we appoint someone with a solid philosophy / forward-thinking football mind then I'm really not interested anymore. What I loved about Pearson is that he gave our club an identity - a purpose, a goal and everyone believed in it. Alright, sometimes it wasn't the prettiest football but it's a ****ing damn sight better than anything we've witnessed in the last 18 months. 

We're in a storm at sea and currently nobody has any idea what they're supposed to be doing - unless we appoint a decent captain then this ship is sinking faster than the ****ing titanic. 

20 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I've been struggling to get myself down to games this year as I refuse to waste my time 'supporting' something that's being as horrifically run as our club is at the moment.

Blimey…. How long have you followed us???

if I’d taken that attitude i’d ‘ve followed us for about 5 years of the 40 that I actually have…

#bringbackshipman

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Would be amazing, but I seriously doubt he would touch us with a barge pole.

China seems to be a retirement home for many managers and players because of the money but the premier league Is a different kettle of fish. You would hope the Thais would at least go for him.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Would be amazing, but I seriously doubt he would touch us with a barge pole.

This would be my number one choice. Is currently in China which in footballing terms is pretty much a backwater. The only stumbling block I can see is what I would assume are his massive wages? We should seriously go all out to get this guy back in the Premier League with Leicester!

AVB is potentially leaving next month so any holding out for someone is more likely to be someone like that than Coleman who has absolutely nothing to do in the next month so if we wanted him we'd get him now and Wales would be given a nominal amount. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

AVB is potentially leaving next month so any holding out for someone is more likely to be someone like that than Coleman who has absolutely nothing to do in the next month so if we wanted him we'd get him now and Wales would be given a nominal amount. 

The Chinese league ends on the 4th November so it is a possibility fingers crossed.

He ticks all the boxes as far as the Thais are concerned; has managed in the premier league,   won trophies.

Archived