Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

are we seriously seeing AVB as a good option?? he is a DREADFUL manager. clueless. 

His win ratio is pretty decent at all the clubs he has been, has won domestic trophies and won a European Competition and is still fairly young in manager terms okay he is no Ancelotti but he is still a higher calibre manager than the likes of Dyche, Coleman, Pardew etc

41 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Blimey…. How long have you followed us???

if I’d taken that attitude i’d ‘ve followed us for about 5 years of the 40 that I actually have…

#bringbackshipman

Not so much about how long (boxing day 2007, the season we got relegated to league one) but my tolerance for ineptitude is getting lower these days.

I'm angry at how badly run the club is - Shakey getting the boot without a replacement lined up is just ridiculous. Yes, he had to go but we do the same thing every ****ing time - out of the pan and into the fire.

It seems like nobody has a proper action plan - our management / director level is plagued with chancers and I'm tired of dragging myself out of the house every weekend to watch bad decisions turn into shit football. 

22 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

His win ratio is pretty decent at all the clubs he has been, has won domestic trophies and won a European Competition and is still fairly young in manager terms okay he is no Ancelotti but he is still a higher calibre manager than the likes of Dyche, Coleman, Pardew etc

He'd piss the players off straight away - has done at every club he's been at, and he'd probably confuse them. 

24 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

They only met yesterday to draw up the list of candidates.

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. 

They should have been lining up / discussing potential replacement candidates the minute they appointed Shakespeare. 

Surely someone high up must have known there was a high percentage chance he would fail and that a contingency plan should be in place in case that happens.

Literally beyond comprehension that they sat down yesterday to just start drawing up a list. 

You honestly couldn't write it. 

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

They only met yesterday to draw up the list of candidates.

I feel like Dyche is his agent trying to get him a better contract, given he leaked the story.

Could be anyone, Top wants Ancelotti but he clearly doesn't fancy it.

Bless him. 

Would like to see his reaction when Rudkin comes back with the choice of Coleman or Pardew... 

28 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

are we seriously seeing AVB as a good option?? he is a DREADFUL manager. clueless. 

Won Europa League with Porto in his first treble winning season, laid down the foundations for Tottenham to become the team they are today with signings like Vertonghen, Lloris and Lamela to name just three. Would love him at Leicester. He's not a dreadful manager and he certainly isn't clueless being the prodigy of Mourinho who was the prodigy of the late, great Bobby Robson. 

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

They should have been lining up / discussing potential replacement candidates the minute they appointed Shakespeare. 

Surely someone high up must have known there was a high percentage chance he would fail and that a contingency plan should be in place in case that happens.

Literally beyond comprehension that they sat down yesterday to just start drawing up a list. 

Only my opinion but I would imagine they are just putting that out to the press to make out that they haven't gone behind Shaky's back. I would bet good money that the list was drawn up a good while ago.

35 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Not so much about how long (boxing day 2007, the season we got relegated to league one) but my tolerance for ineptitude is getting lower these days.

I'm angry at how badly run the club is - Shakey getting the boot without a replacement lined up is just ridiculous. Yes, he had to go but we do the same thing every ****ing time - out of the pan and into the fire.

It seems like nobody has a proper action plan - our management / director level is plagued with chancers and I'm tired of dragging myself out of the house every weekend to watch bad decisions turn into shit football. 

34 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

You did write it. Literally a couple of minutes before, so why the sudden surprise?

Honestly and I mean this, if you don't fancy going down the football anymore, let me know and I will buy your ticket off you for my old man who has been trying desperately for years to get a season ticket.

I don't mean to sound patronising but we have had far worse times than we are currently in. Supporters have dragged themselves through far worse than this.

There's certainly a lot that needs to change within the club but not turning up isn't going to change a thing.

Just now, leicesterlad1989 said:

You did write it. Literally a couple of minutes before, so why the sudden surprise?

Honestly and I mean this, if you don't fancy going down the football anymore, let me know and I will buy your ticket off you for my old man who has been trying desperately for years to get a season ticket.

I don't mean to sound patronising but we have had far worse times than we are currently in. Supporters have dragged themselves through far worse than this.

There's certainly a lot that needs to change within the club but not turning up isn't going to change a thing.

And I'm not for one second saying that me not turning up is going to have any effect other than me not having to endure shit football every weekend. 

I don't claim to be some sort of super-hero supporter that goes to every game rain/shine (even though I have done for the last ten years). 

I go to the football to be entertained. I've been entertained in League One (thoroughly enjoyed it in fact, some great memories), I've been entertained in the Championship, I've been entertained in the PL (obviously). 

I've not been entertained for the last 18 months since we won the ****ing thing and unless our owners make a decent appointment then I can't see myself being entertained for some time.

So - I have other things I could be doing whilst it looks like we're going to continue bumbling along without a proper plan.

If that transpires then I'll give you a shout about that ST. 

17 hours ago, KansasFox said:

Marcelo Gallardo - plays amazing attacking football and was tipped to be next at Atletico if Simone moved on.  Think we'd struggle to get him, but definitely not a dullard!

Good shout and i suggested him when Pearson last got sacked.

I'm pretty sure most South Americans would jump at the chance to showcase themselves in a top European League. Also it would be a much bigger budget and pay rise.

If we are a genuinely interested in Dyche then surely Eddie Howe should be in our thoughts too. 

He's a very talented, young manager who surely would see Leicester as a step up and a chance to push for regular top 8 finishes. 

Plays a decent brand of football and more importantly has success with it, when others fail and resort to hoof.

If fans want a footballing side and to move away from the hoof, then he has to be up there on our list. 

As a journalist has just said in Dyche's conference though.. is leaving a stable club/job to go to one where they regularly sack managers a wise move.. 

I'd say yes.. But my blue tinted specs are on! 

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Good shout and i suggested him when Pearson last got sacked.

I'm pretty sure most South Americans would jump at the chance to showcase themselves in a top European League. Also it would be a much bigger budget and pay rise.

I think you're right... but I think he'll go to a spanish team.  He transformed River Plate back to their former glory and has them playing some high energy, thrilling football.  To me he blends the Guardiola posession with a higher intensity game in a very exciting way.  Sadly, I think he is destined for bigger stuff than us.

I really hate all this you're a better/lesser fan than me. I've been supporting the team a long time, but that's because I'm old ? Just because someone is younger and therefore not been going as long doesn't make them less aggrieved at the goings on at the moment. Yes I was there when we were shit, doesn't mean I want it to be like that again. 

Archived