Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

45 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Talk about over reaction in posts.2007, so basically you have lived through the good times with many more peaks than troughs.God knows what you would be like if you supported a really boring club.Pop up the A46 and get some entertainment there.

If this is who I/we think it is, my estimations of you have further gone down.

7 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

I think you're right... but I think he'll go to a spanish team.  He transformed River Plate back to their former glory and has them playing some high energy, thrilling football.  To me he blends the Guardiola posession with a higher intensity game in a very exciting way.  Sadly, I think he is destined for bigger stuff than us.

He's been at River Plate since 2014 and no one is banging on his door yet. Also Barcelona and the two Madrid clubs won't consider him and we're arguably as big of the rest of the Spanish clubs in the football of today.

I personally think he would join us as he's realistically not going to join a club much bigger than ours.

20 hours ago, Walkers said:

Everything from the outside at Watford last season looked awful. No connection with players, fans, even his backroom staff at times.. not to mention he can't speak English. We might aswell go after Felix Magath if we want Mazzarri

Well, I disagree.  Mazzarri is respected by many top managers.  He's known as an excellent tactician.  His English has improved since his beginning at watford, and his record, once he's been given a year is superb.  No team has ever been in relegation zone under him.  I'd rather have someone else, but I certainly wouldn't object to him coming to Leicester.  Remember his winning percentage in the Prem is better than Pearson's, in his first year.

6 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I think you are missing the point here fella, no one is talking about not supporting or turning their back on the team.  Supporting your team is a 2 way street, they have to provide entertainment in incentivise fans' loyalty, there is nothing wrong with a sliding scale of fanaticism to indifference, everyone is different. It's all part of the life's journey and symbolic of any kind of relationship.  At the very least we should respect our fellow fans' opinions as simple diversity within our tribe.

I started supporting us in 87 and there is no way I was ‘ incentevised’ by performances on the pitch.

As I’ve said on this forum, football is a sport SPORT!! 

Therefore when you pay to watch it, the only thing that should be GUARANTEED is competition.

Not your bloody entertainment, that comes as a byproduct of your passion for the SPORT!

If the most important element is entertainment then there’s obviously so many better ways to spend your 500 pound a year.

And somebody please tell Jose that he’s an entertainer because last night was the second time in a week that his half a billion pounds worth of ‘entertainers’ has sent me sleep lol 

(I agree with the rest)

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's been at River Plate since 2014 and no one is banging on his door yet. Also Barcelona and the two Madrid clubs won't consider him and we're arguably as big of the rest of the Spanish clubs in the football of today.

I personally think he would join us as he's realistically not going to join a club much bigger than ours.

Get on the phone to Rudkin then!  I'd take Gallardo over Tuchel anyday myself!

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Dyche is apparently on 500k at Burnley and a rolling 1 year contract..  The offer of a 2-3 million/3 year contract may make us a very attractive proposition.  

I suspect that's what he might have been on when he first joined.  Since then he has signed three new contracts, the last (this summer) pretty much on a "name your own price" basis, and I would be amazed if he's not on at least the wage of the highest paid player.  Say £2m a year?

Given that the Ranieri appointment came out of nowhere, a similarly surprise appointment could be Paolo Fonseca formerly or Porto and now of Shaktar Dontesk:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Fonseca

Might be a Marco Silva type. Had a setback earlier in has career at Porto but bounced back in both Portugal and Ukraine. Has said he is interested in the Premier League and was linked with Everton. Not seen too much of Shaktar but apparently they play a good attacking game. They beat Feyenord away in the Champions League in their last game and also beat Napoli earlier in the season who are considered to be one of the best teams in Europe right now.

I think it would be a tough job for someone like this given that they would need to deal with our strong dressing room. But they are the types that have raw potential and bring something unique and fresh to the table. 

15 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Get on the phone to Rudkin then!  I'd take Gallardo over Tuchel anyday myself!

I think the fans would accept an appointment like Gallardo as an ambitious one even if he failed here. If it's one of the failed usual suspects on the merry-go-round like Pardew, Moyes, Coleman, etc then I give up and accept we're clueless, unambitious and just happy to be in the league..

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Oh ffs. We want the RIGHT name, not a 'big' name. 

Big names are generally big for a reason. If we get a 'big name' then he needs to have earned it with his success rather than his failings.

Let’s be honest it’s all pot luck. Supposed Good managers can fail expectations Koeman, van gaal, De Boer, Moyes etc etc and managers appointed that fans go wtf Ranieri, Wellens, Rodgers can perform who knows what’s right or might turn out right?.

on things sure being a city fan sure is a roller coaster ride!

Former Newcastle and Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew has applied for the vacant manager's job at Leicester City, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sources have told ESPN FC that Pardew has expressed an interest in the Leicester job and is hoping to speak to the club's owners about the role.

http://www.espnfc.com/leicester-city/story/3235327/alan-pardew-keen-on-leicester-job;-burnleys-sean-dyche-plays-down-links

1 minute ago, Molson Canadian said:

Former Newcastle and Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew has applied for the vacant manager's job at Leicester City, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sources have told ESPN FC that Pardew has expressed an interest in the Leicester job and is hoping to speak to the club's owners about the role.

http://www.espnfc.com/leicester-city/story/3235327/alan-pardew-keen-on-leicester-job;-burnleys-sean-dyche-plays-down-links

Urrrgh hmm eeew really. Hope this isn’t true. 

Archived