Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course it'll be true, most crap managers from the PL will apply for it, the only worry is if we entertain the idea.

There are hundreds of manager managing in all the countries in the world.

I never understand how some managers always get sacked and still get another chance. I hope we aren't that stupid but it wouldn't surprise me. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

There are hundreds of manager managing in all the countries in the world.

I never understand how some managers always get sacked and still get another chance. I hope we aren't that stupid but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Mainly because a lot of owners and executives seem to lose all rational thinking when they get a gig in football. It's beggars belief. I know sackings of managers is much more rife than in any normal industry but repeated poor performance doesn't seem to hold that much stigma, it's on to the next club. 

ESPN say Alan Pardew has applied for the job..

Would he be a good choice?

More notable for sending Newcastle into Europe, but his reputation has declined after a poor Palace season under him plus obvious questions about his temperament..

2 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

What’s wrong with Pardew he’s got a pretty good managerial record I think with backing from the owners and our supporters he could be very successful here.

You ask "What's wrong with Pardew?" like it's a rhetorical question... but it really isn't.  There is so much that needs answering about that.  There is so much wrong with that guy, he is a baffoon.  PLEASE not him. 

20 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm 50% ashamed and 50% proud to say I had a pair of those bad boys for my 11th birthday. They were gloriously tacky weren't they? Bloody loved them.2017-10-18-20-47-59-.jpg.78e834fd1e200f77126f25568a878346.jpg

They're probably well trendy now mate

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

What’s wrong with Pardew he’s got a pretty good managerial record I think with backing from the owners and our supporters he could be very successful here.

Think its been well established he comes in and has an impact but a few months down the line it unravels into a complete mess. Happened at Newc and Palarse

He's like a better Tim Sherwood

8 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

It’s well known that bloke is in love with himself and has an ego the size of a house.

That said, I’d still have him over Moyes if it was the worst case scenario...

8 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Think its been well established he comes in and has an impact but a few months down the line it unravels into a complete mess. Happened at Newc and Palarse

He's like a better Tim Sherwood

Please don't even mention Sherwood. Don't you know Rudkin is trawling Foxtalk for names he can claim to the owners he has researched. Noooooooooo.

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

Former Newcastle and Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew has applied for the vacant manager's job at Leicester City, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sources have told ESPN FC that Pardew has expressed an interest in the Leicester job and is hoping to speak to the club's owners about the role.

http://www.espnfc.com/leicester-city/story/3235327/alan-pardew-keen-on-leicester-job;-burnleys-sean-dyche-plays-down-links

The day Pardew gets named Leicester manager is the day I begin vomiting for eternity. 

On a side note it doesn't look like Dyche has played down links at all or he wouldn't have said he was flattered, which is basically an admission that Leicester are a bigger, better prospect than Burnley in his opinion. 

Archived