• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

8 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

What’s wrong with Pardew he’s got a pretty good managerial record I think with backing from the owners and our supporters he could be very successful here.

It’s well known that bloke is in love with himself and has an ego the size of a house.

That said, I’d still have him over Moyes if it was the worst case scenario...

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pardew is a pig of a man, only managers being linked I'd rather have him than is Coleman and possibly Moyes. 

Daddy_Pig.png

• Haha 1

Just now, weller54 said:

Daddy_Pig.png

I would rather have daddy pig than Pardew he would do a better job if you ask me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If this is who I/we think it is, my estimations of you have further gone down.

???

No idea what you are talking about

Edited by Ian S
Missed a line

8 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Think its been well established he comes in and has an impact but a few months down the line it unravels into a complete mess. Happened at Newc and Palarse

He's like a better Tim Sherwood

Please don't even mention Sherwood. Don't you know Rudkin is trawling Foxtalk for names he can claim to the owners he has researched. Noooooooooo.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

Former Newcastle and Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew has applied for the vacant manager's job at Leicester City, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sources have told ESPN FC that Pardew has expressed an interest in the Leicester job and is hoping to speak to the club's owners about the role.

http://www.espnfc.com/leicester-city/story/3235327/alan-pardew-keen-on-leicester-job;-burnleys-sean-dyche-plays-down-links

The day Pardew gets named Leicester manager is the day I begin vomiting for eternity. 

On a side note it doesn't look like Dyche has played down links at all or he wouldn't have said he was flattered, which is basically an admission that Leicester are a bigger, better prospect than Burnley in his opinion. 

Edited by 4everfox

33 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

The day Pardew gets named Leicester manager is the day I begin vomiting for eternity. 

On a side note it doesn't look like Dyche has played down links at all or he wouldn't have said he was flattered, which is basically an admission that Leicester are a bigger, better prospect than Burnley in his opinion. 

He actually said "other clubs".....there's a video of it on here somewhere....

Edited by norwichfox

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Pardew or Coleman would be awful.

Moyes would be suicide

Correct and correct. 

And correct. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Daddy_Pig.png

I agree. Rafa Benitez would be an ideal appointment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can’t help worrying as to where the owners will go to for advice

Senior figures on the board eg Rudkin have proved themselves supremely incompetent 

Graham Potter's Ostersunds currently beating Altetico Bilbao. Qualified for Euro group stages for first time in their history, beating Galatasaray on the way.

Not a chance in hell we'll go for him, but a very exciting young English manager all the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Far Post Gerry said:

Graham Potter's Ostersunds currently beating Altetico Bilbao. Qualified for Euro group stages for first time in their history, beating Galatasaray on the way.

Not a chance in hell we'll go for him, but a very exciting young English manager all the same.

Never heard of him but just googled him and it's certainly not the worst shout in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter

He took a fourth tier Swedish team all the way to the top division and then won the cup. As you say his team is currently beating Bilbao after already beating Galatasaray. A professional footballer up to Championship level for ten years and he's obviously an intelligent chap as he has a degree in social science and a masters in leadership and emotional intelligence. He sounds like he knows people and can be inspirational with his educational background.

I think he certainly would be worth an interview to see if he could really impress with a presentation at the interview and maybe alongside a more experienced manager like Hiddink for a year. This is really leftfield but would certainly get my juices flowing, his credentials are outstanding at only 42 years old and he could be a potential world class manager if only given the chance.

• Like 1

2 week international break 

and they waste it 

since we won the league the owners and their board have run this club as a joke 

we are a joke at this stage 

Edited by GaelicFox

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Never heard of him but just googled him and it's certainly not the worst shout in the world.

He took a fourth tier Swedish team all the way to the top division and then won the cup. As you say his team is currently beating Bilbao after already beating Galatasaray. A professional footballer up to Championship level for ten years and he's obviously an intelligent chap as he has a degree in social science and a masters in leadership and emotional intelligence. He sounds like he knows people and can be inspirational with his educational background.

I think he certainly would be worth an interview to see if he could really impress with a presentation at the interview and maybe alongside a more experienced manager like Hiddink for a year. This is really leftfield but would certainly get my juices flowing, his credentials are outstanding at only 42 years old and he could be a potential world class manager if only given the chance.

Yep, big potential if given a chance. Get the feeling he might not get a break in England though (and def not with us!). One of the many examples of a very average player becoming a (potentially) excellent manager.

Puel and Galtier probably aren't what we want or need as they're renowned for being defensively formidable but often uninspiring attacking coaches but we could do a lot worse, like Pardew worse.

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I read about his Ostersunds team a while ago and it's a remarkable story, I think his career will go one of two ways - either he's genuinely a fantastic manager and goes on to succeed at the highest level or he's the perfect Ostersunds manager and never does particularly well after.

1 hour ago, Smiffy Fox said:

If Everton sack Koeman, would anyone take him here?

Don't think he could go from a squad that plays with 48 number 10s to one that has Andy King or Shinji Okazaki possibly doing a job there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don't think he could go from a squad that plays with 48 number 10s to one that has Andy King or Shinji Okazaki possibly doing a job there

We've got lots of number twos in our squad! 

• Haha 2

If we've got someone half decent in mind we will have to move quick.

Everton will get rid of Koeman after tonight I reckon. We don't wanna be competing with them for managers.

• Like 1