Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

2 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Mentions the family situation being far from ideal, and a bit of a dig at finances and squad size. He also desperately wanted to keep Andre Gray and couldn't keep Keane. Wouldn't have the same amount of poaching here...

Keane had the choice of Everton or Man United, but chose Everton because he thought he'd get more game time.  It's been known for a while he wouldn't sign a new contract - that's why Tarkowski was signed 18 months ago.

And Dyche didn't desperately want to keep Gray - if he had been so desperate, he wouldn't have picked Barnes and Vokes ahead of him at the back end of last season.  Gray wasn't even last year's top scorer - that was Vokes, who has now been dropped in favour of Wood.  Wood's a much better all round player than Gray, and so far appears to be a better goalscorer too.

40 minutes ago, Aaron7180 said:

Yeah dyche’s odds are 2/1

Perhaps the fans are starting warming to him and putting money on it?

Yes, he's said controversial things regarding money towards us but he appears an excellent man-manager and promotes stability.

9 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Gray wasn't one of our best players.  If you get get £15m for one of your reserves, then you really aren't a small club ... ;)

He started more games upfront in the League than any of your other strikers last season whilst being suspended for four games. Best striker would come under first team status at least, not a key player but still definitely werent a reserve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Burnley_F.C._season

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andre-gray/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/120565/plus/0?saison=2016&verein=1132&liga=&wettbewerb=GB1&pos=&trainer_id=

Asier Garitano? He's been fantastic at Laganés getting them promoted from the third tier to currently sitting sixth in La Liga. They're massively punching above their weight. They play very positively and usually press high as well which is what we need.

I doubt he speaks English but neither did Pochettino or Conte when they immediately took the job.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

The dressing room dissenters, with Kasper Schmeichel and Jamie Vardy the biggest noises in camp, have been sounding off in recent weeks.

Shakespeare changed it up again on Monday, making the fatal error of shoving main striker Vardy out to the left to accommodate Kelechi Iheanacho.

They drew 1-1 with West Brom — not the worst result — but still one which left Leicester in the bottom three.

For Rudkin, it gave him good enough reason to get rid.

Were they watching the same game I was?

Vardy played up top with Nahco in some weird position that neither he nor the rest of the team knew. Vardy made his trademark runs into the channels to try to isolate Hegazi. It's something we do every game!

Playing Nacho did backfire though. It felt like playing with 10 men until he came off.

I for one, would be quite happy with Dyche as manager. I see these lists compiled of foreign names i've never heard of and I thiink back to the likes of Allain Perrin, Felix Magath, Remi Garde, Pepe Mel etc and I would much rather play it safe and appoint Dyche than take a punt on a foreign manager untested in the prem and risk the clubs Premier League status.

Dyche would get us finishing mid table, maybe even the top half, which right now is the best we can hope for.

Rudkin would appear to have far too much power for one who is essentially a youth team coach. What I don’t understand is why a family of billionaire owners put this much trust in him. I would argue his judgment isn’t that good, not if  it is he who is responsible for some of our transfer dealings. 

46 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Keane had the choice of Everton or Man United, but chose Everton because he thought he'd get more game time.  It's been known for a while he wouldn't sign a new contract - that's why Tarkowski was signed 18 months ago.

And Dyche didn't desperately want to keep Gray - if he had been so desperate, he wouldn't have picked Barnes and Vokes ahead of him at the back end of last season.  Gray wasn't even last year's top scorer - that was Vokes, who has now been dropped in favour of Wood.  Wood's a much better all round player than Gray, and so far appears to be a better goalscorer too.

1.15 onwards...

'We have our wage limits' 'we wanted to keep Gray, but that's the reality of the club'

Bitter, much? 

Massive yes please on Pellegrini. Excellent experience and pedigree in this League and Europe, working in the Chinese Super League which closes season in a couple of weeks so he's coming in with an active mind. So he can come in and whip things up to speed and shape, worked with Iheanacho before, worked with English lads before like Milner.

Best name in the mention yet surely

17 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

He always says that, whoever are linked.  If that comment is to be taken like that, it puts you on a par with Crystal Palace, which is the last club he said it about it.  There's Sunderland as well, if that makes a better comparison.

But there's no doubt that Leicester is a much bigger place than Burnley with a much bigger catchment area too.  On the other hand, there's also no doubt that Burnley's board of directors are much easier to work for than Leicester's.

He wouldn't say he was flattered if he was linked with Shrewsbury Town though would he? No way would he turn down the chance to operate within our financial structure, transfer and wage budget wise. Not to forget he would end up doubling or even tripling his wages. That's like me turning down a 40 - 60 grand a year job to stay in my 20 grand a year one in the same industry. Not gonna happen in my life, your life or anybody else's life, and that includes Sean Dyche. The only stumbling block would be getting permission to speak to him as I cannot see him kicking off to get a move, just doesn't seem that kind of character, wouldn't want him if he was. 

17 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Massive yes please on Pellegrini. Excellent experience and pedigree in this League and Europe, working in the Chinese Super League which closes season in a couple of weeks so he's coming in with an active mind. So he can come in and whip things up to speed and shape, worked with Iheanacho before, worked with English lads before like Milner.

Best name in the mention yet surely

I'm calling it now. This is the man who will get the job. 

25 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I can tell you we are deffo not in for Coleman.

Can you also tell us the same for Pardew and Moyes please? You know, just to put our minds at rest :D

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Anything in this Pellegrini stuff apart from a change in odds?

Manager markets move a lot off a tiny amount of a cash.

Nobody knows anything bud to be fair

im hoping Mancini or Ancelotti or Eddie Howe or Wagner or even Dyche? But no doubt we will end up with some duffer like Pardew ffs  :o

Archived