Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Who do you recon we should go for Col? 

Have to say, I don't give a toss mate. Completely lost interest in the club for the moment.

edit..and with the forum too mate. Had enough for a while of reading utter crap and unsubstantiated diatribe.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have to say, I don't give a toss mate. Completely lost interest in the club for the moment.

Unbelievable! For someone that has lost interest you have  expressed a lot of opinions.Amazing how many people lose interest when things aren't all glory.

49 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

No doubt this will help attract a new manager:

Leicester City earned more money from last season's Champions League than Real Madrid

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/20/leicester-city-earned-money-last-seasons-champions-league-real/

Already been spent on this seasons duffers and players who are not allowed to play for us because Rudkin wonder pony struggles with basics like telling the time. 

7 hours ago, 4everfox said:

He wouldn't say he was flattered if he was linked with Shrewsbury Town though would he? No way would he turn down the chance to operate within our financial structure, transfer and wage budget wise. Not to forget he would end up doubling or even tripling his wages. That's like me turning down a 40 - 60 grand a year job to stay in my 20 grand a year one in the same industry. Not gonna happen in my life, your life or anybody else's life, and that includes Sean Dyche. The only stumbling block would be getting permission to speak to him as I cannot see him kicking off to get a move, just doesn't seem that kind of character, wouldn't want him if he was. 

And why would he be linked with the Shrewsbury Town job?  The point of linking a manager in work with a club without a manager, is that it could be said that the new club is a step up.  Which in a sense you are - vastly bigger fanbase, though as your ground's pretty much full every week the extra million or so potentials aren't worth as much as they might be.  Financially, I don't know how much extra income you have - not that much in the scheme of things, I wouldn't have thought, because the European Cup money has been spent (hasn't it?) and the domestic money is so heavily slanted to TV that your extra 10,000 fans a week make a fairly negligible difference.  Of course, you have rich owners who may be chipping in, or who at least allow you to risk running at a loss.  That'll help.

But I think you're overstating the value of money.  If you don't have much, trebling your wages is a big big deal.  But if you already have millions in the bank, it's not so vital.  OK, so Leicester may offer him £6m a year (would you?) which would be very flattering because he'd be on a salary comparable with the top men in the country.  But if your wage isn't quite as high as you're imagining, and if Dyche is more concerned with his career than the money, there are several reasons to stop at Burnley.  The biggest two being that we have a Board of Directors speaking with one voice that they think he's the bees' knees, while you have a dysfunctional board that doesn't all agree; and the even bigger one, that if he doesn't get Leicester out of the bottom three by Christmas, he'll be sacked, and while he'll get his £20m or whatever his contract value is, he'll also be down a very long snake career-wise.

Shakespeare had 21 games in charge, and the worst side he lost to was Arsenal.  Ranieri won the league and didn't last the following season.  Dyche would be in no doubt that success must be instant and sustained.

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

And why would he be linked with the Shrewsbury Town job?  The point of linking a manager in work with a club without a manager, is that it could be said that the new club is a step up.  Which in a sense you are - vastly bigger fanbase, though as your ground's pretty much full every week the extra million or so potentials aren't worth as much as they might be.  Financially, I don't know how much extra income you have - not that much in the scheme of things, I wouldn't have thought, because the European Cup money has been spent (hasn't it?) and the domestic money is so heavily slanted to TV that your extra 10,000 fans a week make a fairly negligible difference.  Of course, you have rich owners who may be chipping in, or who at least allow you to risk running at a loss.  That'll help.

But I think you're overstating the value of money.  If you don't have much, trebling your wages is a big big deal.  But if you already have millions in the bank, it's not so vital.  OK, so Leicester may offer him £6m a year (would you?) which would be very flattering because he'd be on a salary comparable with the top men in the country.  But if your wage isn't quite as high as you're imagining, and if Dyche is more concerned with his career than the money, there are several reasons to stop at Burnley.  The biggest two being that we have a Board of Directors speaking with one voice that they think he's the bees' knees, while you have a dysfunctional board that doesn't all agree; and the even bigger one, that if he doesn't get Leicester out of the bottom three by Christmas, he'll be sacked, and while he'll get his £20m or whatever his contract value is, he'll also be down a very long snake career-wise.

Shakespeare had 21 games in charge, and the worst side he lost to was Arsenal.  Ranieri won the league and didn't last the following season.  Dyche would be in no doubt that success must be instant and sustained.

We wouldnt 

he would come for 2m 

managers have huge self confidence

he will not think he might fail here 

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

You make a compelling argument.

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Edit..and with the forum too mate. Had enough for a while of reading utter crap and unsubstantiated diatribe.

I only said you should re-read your posts prior to posting mate - I didn't know the reflective process would upset you this much. Sorry mate.

?

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

You make some very valid points here and Dyche ought to steer clear of us and wait for a chance at a more reasonable club but will there be? We pay obscene wages, we are very close to his family and money will matter. He's in his late 40's and won't have earnt that much as a player so to suddenly go from £500,000 a year to £2,000,000 or more is huge and the safety net of a big fcuk off pay off. 

Dyche he is very self assured mind you and I genuinely think he'd have no qualms about coming here and succeeding and you know what, I think he just might.

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Good post!  I would love Dyche as manager here, but think he could be just on to a hiding to nothing.  You will lose him eventually (it reminds me of the O'neill era when we were inevitaby going to lose him), but i don't think we will even go for him.  We will go for a big name again, chasing that pipe dream of the top 4, when in reality we should be building from the bottom again, as we are a bit of a shambles both on and off the pitch!

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Way to twist it. We were in the relegation zone, pal, let's not leave that out like it's insignificant.

You obviously haven't been watching us because the standard of football was unacceptable.

We sacked 2 managers because we were going rapidly downhill. If you want to take the media's standpoint fine, but it's wrong.

Archived