Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You make some very valid points here and Dyche ought to steer clear of us and wait for a chance at a more reasonable club but will there be? We pay obscene wages, we are very close to his family and money will matter. He's in his late 40's and won't have earnt that much as a player so to suddenly go from £500,000 a year to £2,000,000 or more is huge and the safety net of a big fcuk off pay off. 

Dyche he is very self assured mind you and I genuinely think he'd have no qualms about coming here and succeeding and you know what, I think he just might.

Who are these more reasonable clubs?

We get a load of grief but the likes of Watford and Saints have sacked managers finishing midtable and reaching cup finals.

We've sacked people for going into the bottom three! Palace sacked a manager after 4 games. West Ham's / Newcstles owners are more interfering and bat shit crazy than ours.

If Everton sacked their manager in a few games are they more reasonable sacking aman they just let spend £180m and who lost his best striker?

How many other teams have sacked their manager for going into the bottom three? Loads.

United, Chelsea, Man City have sacked trophy winning managers.

You can count on one hand the ones you'd class as having been stable for a few years.

It's just fashionable to slate us and make the owners out to be nutters when they aren't. They gave Pearson time when it all look lost because they believed in his methods, they had faith. I believe they'd do that again, give the right man time to do what he wants... but we need to find that man.

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Have to say, I don't give a toss mate. Completely lost interest in the club for the moment.

edit..and with the forum too mate. Had enough for a while of reading utter crap and unsubstantiated diatribe.

Not sure if you can stick yourself on ignore

11 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

And why would he be linked with the Shrewsbury Town job?  The point of linking a manager in work with a club without a manager, is that it could be said that the new club is a step up.  Which in a sense you are - vastly bigger fanbase, though as your ground's pretty much full every week the extra million or so potentials aren't worth as much as they might be.  Financially, I don't know how much extra income you have - not that much in the scheme of things, I wouldn't have thought, because the European Cup money has been spent (hasn't it?) and the domestic money is so heavily slanted to TV that your extra 10,000 fans a week make a fairly negligible difference.  Of course, you have rich owners who may be chipping in, or who at least allow you to risk running at a loss.  That'll help.

But I think you're overstating the value of money.  If you don't have much, trebling your wages is a big big deal.  But if you already have millions in the bank, it's not so vital.  OK, so Leicester may offer him £6m a year (would you?) which would be very flattering because he'd be on a salary comparable with the top men in the country.  But if your wage isn't quite as high as you're imagining, and if Dyche is more concerned with his career than the money, there are several reasons to stop at Burnley.  The biggest two being that we have a Board of Directors speaking with one voice that they think he's the bees' knees, while you have a dysfunctional board that doesn't all agree; and the even bigger one, that if he doesn't get Leicester out of the bottom three by Christmas, he'll be sacked, and while he'll get his £20m or whatever his contract value is, he'll also be down a very long snake career-wise.

Shakespeare had 21 games in charge, and the worst side he lost to was Arsenal.  Ranieri won the league and didn't last the following season.  Dyche would be in no doubt that success must be instant and sustained.

Hammer meets the nail.... we’re becoming a poison chalice.... I love Dyche, I think that he genuinely is a fantastic manager, and he’s at a place where the fans love him and he has everything he needs.... a move could potentially be career suicide... we had a very similar set up to Burnley when Pearson and Shakey donned the dugouts themselves... and we let that go to ruins.

Dyche strikes me as a man with his feet on the ground and head screwed on, I think he would only ever leave to a club with stability, somewhere, where change isn’t a regular occurrence, at the moment we’re trying to operate like one of the top 4, sack a manager every few seasons to freshen things up, however we neither have the financial capability or the structure to do that... this shoot at the hip style of operating from the guys at the top will ultimately see us down. The owners need to seriously consider what they want from all of this, do they want a face for king power... or do they want a football manager. 

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We’re fortunate that we haven’t been cut adrift already. Really is time to start getting points on the board, the performances are irrelevant for now.

No one is cut adrift after eight matches. 

11 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

And why would he be linked with the Shrewsbury Town job?  The point of linking a manager in work with a club without a manager, is that it could be said that the new club is a step up.  Which in a sense you are - vastly bigger fanbase, though as your ground's pretty much full every week the extra million or so potentials aren't worth as much as they might be.  Financially, I don't know how much extra income you have - not that much in the scheme of things, I wouldn't have thought, because the European Cup money has been spent (hasn't it?) and the domestic money is so heavily slanted to TV that your extra 10,000 fans a week make a fairly negligible difference.  Of course, you have rich owners who may be chipping in, or who at least allow you to risk running at a loss.  That'll help.

The last two seasons we have the 15th highest net spend in world football, Burnley are 35th in the rankings, only just above Birmingham. We may take a similar amount from the league positions, but your board don't really spend the money, that will be looked upon by your manager as a problem. 

There is still money in the bank here, the figures don't really add up any other way than us having a large amount still in reserve. That's before you consider the trading of assets to make make space in the squad, which would also be considerable. 

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who are these more reasonable clubs?

We get a load of grief but the likes of Watford and Saints have sacked managers finishing midtable and reaching cup finals.

We've sacked people for going into the bottom three! Palace sacked a manager after 4 games. West Ham's / Newcstles owners are more interfering and bat shit crazy than ours.

If Everton sacked their manager in a few games are they more reasonable sacking aman they just let spend £180m and who lost his best striker?

How many other teams have sacked their manager for going into the bottom three? Loads.

United, Chelsea, Man City have sacked trophy winning managers.

You can count on one hand the ones you'd class as having been stable for a few years.

It's just fashionable to slate us and make the owners out to be nutters when they aren't. They gave Pearson time when it all look lost because they believed in his methods, they had faith. I believe they'd do that again, give the right man time to do what he wants... but we need to find that man.

Reasonable clubs that haven't won the league recently and aren't in no man's land about what their identity is now. We're in disarray and although we're erratic and potentially exciting I mean the likes of Stoke or West Brom would be more reasonable for him, boring but bigger than Burnley. 

Just heard on Five Live that Steve McClaren was on the shortlist before Shakey got it in the summer.

Lets hope Rudkin has lost his number. The thought of that man anywhere near this football club is horrifying beyond belief.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Just heard on Five Live that Steve McClaren was on the shortlist before Shakey got it in the summer.

Lets hope Rudkin has lost his number. The thought of that man anywhere near this football club is horrifying beyond belief.

5-Live are just quoting what they read in tabloids. Have they really got access to an LCFC shortlist :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I hope that's just a wind up....

19 hours ago, 4everfox said:

He wouldn't say he was flattered if he was linked with Shrewsbury Town though would he? No way would he turn down the chance to operate within our financial structure, transfer and wage budget wise. Not to forget he would end up doubling or even tripling his wages. That's like me turning down a 40 - 60 grand a year job to stay in my 20 grand a year one in the same industry. Not gonna happen in my life, your life or anybody else's life, and that includes Sean Dyche. The only stumbling block would be getting permission to speak to him as I cannot see him kicking off to get a move, just doesn't seem that kind of character, wouldn't want him if he was. 

Dyce is probably the best fit with what we need right now, but I don't fancy listening to that gravely horrible voice every week. The midfield is a huge area for concern, an big players probably need to realise that they aren't as good as they think, step up improve, an they can move on an the club can form a new team an Spirit.

hisShakhtar Donetsk coach Paulo Fonseca has rejected overtures from Leicester City and is keen to continue at his current club until the end of the season. 

Leicester are in the market for a new manager after they sacked Craig Shakespeare earlier in the week following a run of poor form that has seen them drop down to the bottom three.

A number of candidates are being discussed amongst the Leicester hierarchy and it has been claimed that they also contacted Fonseca's representatives to discuss a possible role for him.

However, according to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato, the 44-year-old Portuguese rejected the approach from the Foxes and is keen to continue at Shakhtar until the end of the season. 

image: http://www.insidefutbol.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-mobile-detector/timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fxyz.insidefutbol.com%2Fimages%2FLiverpool_Philippe_Coutinho4_620.jpg&w=320

Fonseca has been earning plaudits in Europe for his work in the Ukraine and is developing a reputation as an astute young coach on the continent.  

His Shakhtar side are at the top of the Ukrainian top flight and are also competing in the Champions League this season.

The 44-year-old is also believed to be Everton’s radar as Ronald Koeman continues to struggle to inspire the Toffees to return to form this season after a summer of heavy spending.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/10/21/shakhtar-donetsk-coach-rebuffs-leicester-city-overtures/354211/#ixzz4w8w9jXrH

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/10/21/shakhtar-donetsk-coach-rebuffs-leicester-city-overtures/354211/#Hhdyvg7Bq1sEcP31.99

I have an increasing sense of foreboding about who we might bring in.

The list of candidates is unappetising to say the least. It's a bit like ditching the chippy or the local pub for a nice fancy restaurant and realising that when you see the menu you don't actually like anything on it.

Those of us who have seen all our games this season know that Shakespeare wasn't up to it, but getting rid of him without lining someone else up does not seem a smart move to me at all.

Our owners have been wonderful, and their ambition is admirable, but maybe they are slipping a bit...

13 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I have an increasing sense of foreboding about who we might bring in.

The list of candidates is unappetising to say the least. It's a bit like ditching the chippy or the local pub for a nice fancy restaurant and realising that when you see the menu you don't actually like anything on it.

Those of us who have seen all our games this season know that Shakespeare wasn't up to it, but getting rid of him without lining someone else up does not seem a smart move to me at all.

Our owners have been wonderful, and their ambition is admirable, but maybe they are slipping a bit...

My big arguement is that I know Shakespeare wasn't up to it, but getting a new manager in while Rudkin (And his 'team' - If there is one) is pointless.

Until something changes internally within the club we'll just be treading water at best.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Reasonable clubs that haven't won the league recently and aren't in no man's land about what their identity is now. We're in disarray and although we're erratic and potentially exciting I mean the likes of Stoke or West Brom would be more reasonable for him, boring but bigger than Burnley. 

Disarry? We have a few issues but you are in danger of massively overblowing them there I think.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

My big arguement is that I know Shakespeare wasn't up to it, but getting a new manager in while Rudkin (And his 'team' - If there is one) is pointless.

Until something changes internally within the club we'll just be treading water at best.

If, as is widely contended on here, Rudkin is at the heart of our problems, why on earth do the Thais persist in keeping faith with him?

Loyalty can only go so far before the bonds break, especially when there is so much money and reputation at stake.

And we know that our owners do not suffer fools gladly.

Any ideas, anyone?

13 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

But I think you're overstating the value of money.  If you don't have much, trebling your wages is a big big deal.  But if you already have millions in the bank, it's not so vital.  OK, so Leicester may offer him £6m a year (would you?) which would be very flattering because he'd be on a salary comparable with the top men in the country.  But if your wage isn't quite as high as you're imagining, and if Dyche is more concerned with his career than the money, there are several reasons to stop at Burnley.  The biggest two being that we have a Board of Directors speaking with one voice that they think he's the bees' knees, while you have a dysfunctional board that doesn't all agree; and the even bigger one, that if he doesn't get Leicester out of the bottom three by Christmas, he'll be sacked, and while he'll get his £20m or whatever his contract value is, he'll also be down a very long snake career-wise.

Shakespeare had 21 games in charge, and the worst side he lost to was Arsenal.  Ranieri won the league and didn't last the following season.  Dyche would be in no doubt that success must be instant and sustained.

Superb response. You make some very good, very valid points. I like Sean Dyche as a football manager, he absolutely knows what he is doing and a small part of me hopes he stays with Burnley as I always find it a bit dirty poaching other teams managers mid season. 

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

If, as is widely contended on here, Rudkin is at the heart of our problems, why on earth do the Thais persist in keeping faith with him?

Loyalty can only go so far before the bonds break, especially when there is so much money and reputation at stake.

And we know that our owners do not suffer fools gladly.

Any ideas, anyone?

Plenty of probably libellous ideas have been bandied around.....

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The difference is they were still at the right end of the table, we were at the other end and dropping like a stone. 

Point taken and a good one as usual from yourself, however we are leicester, you can count on one hand how many top 6 finishes we have had since the war, we are what we are and I love what we are but I can't pretend we are something we are not whichever end of the table we were.

Archived