Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

On 19/10/2017 at 11:21, les-tah said:

why? 

was it his success at Coventry? or was it his failed attempt at a world cup place with wales that makes coleman the ideal man?

lollol

Did you actually read what I put? I was asking if we could be waiting as he is still under contract and we are apparently not in a rush!

He wouldn't even make my top ten of choices.

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If MON doesn't make it to the world cup then get him in, imagine...

MON, Keane, Appleton...

No messing around

Unfortunately O'Neill has just signed a new two year contract with ROI so I can't see him returning here.

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately O'Neill has just signed a new two year contract with ROI so I can't see him returning here.

Shame that would be something to see and with us winning the league his previous success wouldn't be diminished and has money to play with.

12 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

He's on a sight more than £500,000 a year.  I don't know where you get that figure from.  But the players' bonuses last season, for the ones that played all season, were about that amount; and you can be sure that the manager's bonus wasn't less than the players'.

When Dyche joined us 5 years ago, he no doubt got the going rate for a Championship manager - I suspect that would be around the half a million mark.  Perhaps less, but not by that much.  Since then he has signed three more contracts, the last one especially on a "write your own figure" basis.  Our board of directors have no doubt about who is responsible for Burnley's position.  If Dyche hasn't got a clause stipulating that his salary is at least as high as the highest paid player, I'd be amazed.  I'd say he's be on about £2m a year now.

I think there was a table with supposed manager salaries and Shakespeare was on £3 million a year and Dyche was only on about £500,000 but it could well be wrong.

Yes. Would take him in a heartbeat!

Plays exciting swashbuckling football. Did well at Swansea, Comparable to Klopp at Liverpool despite some unruly players and is absolutely smashing it at Celtic, which, although a non-competitive league, is breaking records all over the place. Think he is unbeaten in 60 maybe? Don't quote me on that. Win percentages climbing incrementally at his last 3 clubs and is British with PL experience...Rodgers in!

18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Didi Hamaan is quoted as saying that we should make Brendan Rodgers our No 1 target... 

Thoughts? 

Not unless he brings Suarez with him.

39 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Didi Hamaan is quoted as saying that we should make Brendan Rodgers our No 1 target... 

Thoughts? 

Can’t believe Leicester appointed Ranieri,” tweeted the former Liverpool midfielder just after Don Claudio took the King Power reins in July 2015. “Great club, great fanbase but I’m afraid MK rather Old Trafford season after next.”

Archived