Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

As on board as I would be with Dyche, we really might aswell re-appoint Nige in that case.

Dyche has had the benefit of no expectations at Burnley, how would he fare in a more pressurised environment? Nige knows what to expect here.

I don't see what he can do for us that Pearson can't. They both played and had success with 442 throughout promotion in 13/14. Only one of them managed to keep their team up in 14/15.

WEST HAM TARGET MAZZARRI

West Ham have contacted Walter Mazzarri about the possibility of replacing Slaven Bilic at the London Stadium, reports Tuttomercatoweb.com.

It is understood that the Italian, who coached Watford last season, would be open to the idea of managing the Hammers, although the 56-year-old is also said to be interesting the likes of Everton and Leicester

I read recently Giggs was interviewed and considered in the summer for the permanent job, so this could well be true. The thing is he's even less experienced than Shakespeare who has been cast aside at the first opportunity. Would Giggs get any longer given there's no track record to show he's capable of overcoming a bad patch.

He could turn out to be class, all depends on a bit of luck on both parts but surely we're looking for someone more experienced?

I hope we're making progress with our search as I suspect that Everton and/or West Ham might be competing in the new manager market very soon.

Possibly Swansea, too. I assume that Hughes and Pulis have enough credit in the bank for a while yet, though Stoke and WBA are on the slide.

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Ryan Giggs does not have the intelligence or charisma to be a top manager.

He's also only ever known one what it's like to be at the top. He doesn't know how to organise a team like ours.

Amazes me that people even bring him up, if he wants to be a manger he needs to get into league two and manage a team. Ridiculous these famous players think they should get top jobs on the back of being a good player.

http://www.skysports.com/ligue-1-table

Ranieri continues to smash it for Nantes, currently 3rd in the table. They had an awful transfer window where they didn't really sign anyone to make up for their weaknesses, but they are still doing great. He'll never come back here (nor am I saying he should return) but you can't deny he is one of football's nice guys and that his first season at most clubs he goes to is pretty great. Too bad we lost our way with him last year really!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ranieri continues to smash it for Nantes, currently 3rd in the table. They had an awful transfer window where they didn't really sign anyone to make up for their weaknesses, but they are still doing great. He'll never come back here (nor am I saying he should return) but you can't deny he is one of football's nice guys and that his first season at most clubs he goes to is pretty great. Too bad we lost our way with him last year really!

Unfortunately most clubs he's managed it's gone tits up in the second season. He's a really nice man and a legend and I hope he takes Nantes to the CL.

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I still think he was a victim of circumstance more than anything. Some of his decision making then exacerbated our issues.

The biggest problem was players getting over us winning the league, I can't blame them for that. As I fan I really struggled that season and it was only the Liverpool game that I went into it actually wanting to go to the game, feeling really fired up after the slating we'd had and the players were obviously the same.

He and the club made errors that summer by not trying to get everyone's feet on the ground. Trotting around the world playing huge teams and getting awards left right and centre... easy to see the mistake not with hindsight though. I don't think he knew how to get us out of the malaise, the players looked to him for answers and when he couldn't help they lost faith, like a lot of us did.

If we'd finished midtable the first season he'd probably still be here doing an ok job.

31 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I hope we're making progress with our search as I suspect that Everton and/or West Ham might be competing in the new manager market very soon.

Possibly Swansea, too. I assume that Hughes and Pulis have enough credit in the bank for a while yet, though Stoke and WBA are on the slide.

I think it shows how anyone of a number of teams can end up in the bottom 3 from week to week it so tight outside the top, There's only 6 points between Everton  and Burnley/Liverpool in 8th 

If Giggs is a serious contender then I think the club is in serious trouble of becoming a laughing stock. It would be one more 4 year contract destined to last 6 months is not what the club needs. A few years managerial stability, although a novelty, would be most welcome.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

I think it shows how anyone of a number of teams can end up in the bottom 3 from week to week it so tight outside the top, There's only 6 points between Everton  and Burnley/Liverpool in 8th 

I'd happily take Koeman over any of the current hot prospect.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I still think he was a victim of circumstance more than anything. Some of his decision making then exacerbated our issues.

The biggest problem was players getting over us winning the league, I can't blame them for that. As I fan I really struggled that season and it was only the Liverpool game that I went into it actually wanting to go to the game, feeling really fired up after the slating we'd had and the players were obviously the same.

He and the club made errors that summer by not trying to get everyone's feet on the ground. Trotting around the world playing huge teams and getting awards left right and centre... easy to see the mistake not with hindsight though. I don't think he knew how to get us out of the malaise, the players looked to him for answers and when he couldn't help they lost faith, like a lot of us did.

If we'd finished midtable the first season he'd probably still be here doing an ok job.

....and some of that still exists. They seem to need some 'incident' either off or on field to get them fired up. This is also reflected in the crowd.

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Amazes me that people even bring him up, if he wants to be a manger he needs to get into league two and manage a team. Ridiculous these famous players think they should get top jobs on the back of being a good player.

Big names seem to walk in to top jobs abroad, most certainly in Spain but here it's less likely. Back in the 90's the PL gave recently retired top players a crack as manager but doesn't happen now. Therefore we'll most definitely do it haha.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Big names seem to walk in to top jobs abroad, most certainly in Spain but here it's less likely. Back in the 90's the PL gave recently retired top players a crack as manager but doesn't happen now. Therefore we'll most definitely do it haha.

I think it's because history shows not many of them succeed, it seems the more successful they were on the pitch the more they are likely to fail. From the past I can think of 3 very successful ones on the pitch, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore and own catastrophic failure Frank McLintock.

Bollox to Coleman, Giggs and Pardew. They can all go and do a running jump.

I'd be happy with Eddie Howe (If the club wants to have a change of direction and a real freshening up), Allardyce (to maintain some stability) or Pellegrini (If we are going down the elder statesman type route).

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

True (only 5pts between Everton & Liverpool, actually - amazing).

But we also know how trigger-happy owners can be at the slightest prospect of losing their PL status/cash. We're a prime example of that, sacking Shakespeare after 8 games.

The fact that all 3 promoted teams (plus "minnows" like Burnley & Watford) have had a decent start has exacerbated that as a number of semi-established PL clubs currently face the prospect of a relegation battle.

In addition, clubs like Everton, West Ham and Stoke have had some shocking results/performances recently. If that continues, there'll be some itchy trigger-fingers. It's madness, such short-termism, but it's the prevalent mindset.

Archived