Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bollox to Coleman, Giggs and Pardew. They can all go and do a running jump.

I'd be happy with Eddie Howe (If the club wants to have a change of direction and a real freshening up), Allardyce (to maintain some stability) or Pellegrini (If we are going down the elder statesman type route).

What do you mean by 'maintaining stability' in reference to Allardyce?

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

What do you mean by 'maintaining stability' in reference to Allardyce?

I'd imagine he means gain some stability. You know what you get with him, safety and midtable finishes for a few years. At the moment I think the owners are crying out for that tbh, this flirting with the bottom of the league stuff will stop any expansion plans.

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd imagine he means gain some stability. You know what you get with him, safety and midtable finishes for a few years. At the moment I think the owners are crying out for that tbh, this flirting with the bottom of the league stuff will stop any expansion plans.

Exactly this. Gain, not maintain

Cheers Babs

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

http://www.skysports.com/ligue-1-table

Ranieri continues to smash it for Nantes, currently 3rd in the table. They had an awful transfer window where they didn't really sign anyone to make up for their weaknesses, but they are still doing great. He'll never come back here (nor am I saying he should return) but you can't deny he is one of football's nice guys and that his first season at most clubs he goes to is pretty great. Too bad we lost our way with him last year really!

happy for him. They're doing extremely when you consider the quality of the players they have. But let's see how his team will fare next season. He's known to have a good first and then things start to go south.

Just pay the money and get Marco Silva. He's the best candidate for us. A proven winner at every club he's been at. 

I cant see why we're dragging our feet. Young and hungry to succeed and all players who played for him speak highly of him.

Just get him in. It'll prove the best 10 million investment we could make. 

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Just pay the money and get Marco Silva. He's the best candidate for us. A proven winner at every club he's been at. 

I cant see why we're dragging our feet. Young and hungry to succeed and all players who played for him speak highly of him.

Why would he leave Watford for us? Especially at this time? He'd be mad!

40 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I think the second he moves from Bournemouth he’ll be a failure.

Something worries me massively about Howe, his team has periods of horrific results. They've had a poor start this year, last year a run of only 3 wins in 18, including getting battered 3-0 by Millwall. They play some decent stuff, but he seems to fail to turn that into results a lot of the time and he's spent some very decent money there.

13 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Absolutely no chance Silva is leaving Watford for us, we're a mess and they look like they could have a very decent season. His next move will be to much bigger club than us 

We will finish above Watford.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I think the second he moves from Bournemouth he’ll be a failure.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agree. Happened last time he left and I'm confident it will again. 

He ended up moving back to Bournemouth because his mum died and his family were really struggling with it. Enough to throw plenty of people off their stride. Doesn't mean he'll automatically fail anywhere else he goes now. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

No chance

We couldn't even sign a Watford player over 2 summers while offering silly money, never mind a top manager during the season

57 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Something worries me massively about Howe, his team has periods of horrific results. They've had a poor start this year, last year a run of only 3 wins in 18, including getting battered 3-0 by Millwall. They play some decent stuff, but he seems to fail to turn that into results a lot of the time and he's spent some very decent money there.

No they haven't

They signed 2 players who cost money (Ake & Begovic), rest are frees or loans

Archived