Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

If you look at the owners appointments, where is the pattern?

Giggs would be a small time appointment fit for a small time club was the general meaning behind my post. They appointed Eriksson because they wanted him, they then re-appointed Pearson probably on the recommendation of somebody behind the scenes, they then appointed Ranieri because they wanted to and they then appointed Shakespeare because they had to. The only managers the owners have ever really wanted have been experienced managers who have managed big clubs. And that my friend appears to be our owners check list when searching for a new manager. Ryan Giggs is not an experienced (old) manager and he has not managed a single club on a full time/long term basis. He is more or less the exact opposite of what our owners look for in a manager. My money is on Pellegrini being the man they want. 

55 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If Appleton carries on the good form over the next few or more games, from the Swansea game, and gets the nod for the manager position - would you agree with this and give him time/patience etc?

Yes, he's inexperienced at this level - but he if does the above and gets it'll be based on merit and that it'd show that he's capable of doing the job?

Simple answer no.  Shakespeare won his first six games but as was proven he was out of his depth as a long term premier league manager.  We need a new broom with fresh ideas and fresh impetus.

6 minutes ago, Milo said:

Silva all day long for me...

Giggs, no thanks. Ditto Koeman, Pardew and Allardyce. 

Never heard of Ditto :P

Delighted Giggs has come out and said he'd like the job. I know I mentioned his name a few days ago and I got a bit of a mixed reaction to the suggestion but I honestly think the guy would be a fantastic appointment.

Much like I did when Claudio was made manager. 

The man is a natural born winner; you don't forget how to win once you have it in your psyche.

6 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Simple answer no.  Shakespeare won his first six games but as was proven he was out of his depth as a long term premier league manager.  We need a new broom with fresh ideas and fresh impetus.

Unfortunately for Appleton, no matter how he does the club have just had their fingers burnt appointing a caretaker full time, and there is pretty much nothing Appleton could do now to make them go down the same path straight away. A new manager with brand new ideas is desperately needed. And a midfield!

1 minute ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Delighted Giggs has come out and said he'd like the job. I know I mentioned his name a few days ago and I got a bit of a mixed reaction to the suggestion but I honestly think the guy would be a fantastic appointment.

The man is a natural born winner; you don't forget how to win once you have it in your psyche.

He is completely in-experienced as a manager, just because he played under Ferguson for so long doesn't mean he will be able to do the job.

7 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Plenty of successful winning players have failed and proven that being great at one doesn't guarantee you being good at the other.  Bobby Charlton a classic example. There's plenty of others.

Archived