Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

There is, but I do think he'd be a very good manager. Also, how on earth does anyone get chance to prove themselves unless they're given a chance? 

Goes for anything in life - course there will be a need to iron out tactics etc but in the long run, he'd be a bloody good manager for us. I'm certain.

2 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Most people belittled Claudio because of Greece and other things in his past but I said he'd built the core of some great teams. 

I honestly think Giggs would be a great choice - he is a natural born winner. As I've just said, once a winner, always a winner.

Being a good player and being in a good team has absolutely zero influence on how good of a manager you will be.

Ryan Giggs would be a disaster.

1 minute ago, Robin JD Popley said:

There is, but I do think he'd be a very good manager. Also, how on earth does anyone get chance to prove themselves unless they're given a chance? 

Goes for anything in life - course there will be a need to iron out tactics etc but in the long run, he'd be a bloody good manager for us. I'm certain.

Are you related to him ?

Just now, Robin JD Popley said:

Start off at a lower level? Become an assistant somewhere? He will have had opportunities but he believes he should walk into a Premier League managers job.

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Being a good player and being in a good team has absolutely zero influence on how good of a manager you will be.

Ryan Giggs would be a disaster.

I will have to agree to disagree with you; in the long term he will be a very successful manager and I hope that is with us.

14 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Delighted Giggs has come out and said he'd like the job. I know I mentioned his name a few days ago and I got a bit of a mixed reaction to the suggestion but I honestly think the guy would be a fantastic appointment.

Much like I did when Claudio was made manager. 

The man is a natural born winner; you don't forget how to win once you have it in your psyche.

The reason it got a mixed reaction, is because it's a ridiculously stupid idea.

Zero managerial experience. Zero Premiership managerial experience.

There have been plenty of amazing players who've gave it the big one, went into management, and catastrophically failed.

Our owners won't be taking that daft gamble.

1 minute ago, Robin JD Popley said:

As I say, I was right about Claudio and others laughed at me then. I just have a feeling - whoever he ends up managing - he will win silverware.

Stop pretending you're some sort of sage. You might be able to argue that you got Ranners right based on his previous management, and were able to look past Greece, but a 'gut instinct' for Giggs? Please...

Facts are facts. I was laughed at for saying Claudio Ranieri was a good appointment and I said at length why I felt he was. Now I am not rude to you and I respect most of you won't agree with me but I'd far rather us pick Ryan Giggs than the ex Southampton Manager or even Sean Dyche. 

Dyche will probably go to Everton now anyway but I don't see him being successful there. I think he'd probably make them more steely as an outfit but he won't push them to the level their owners now demand. 

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs,

sitting on our bench.

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs

as old as Judy Dench

you should’a seen him play, 

but now he’s going grey,

Ryan Giggs Ryan Giggs...

lol Never thought it was an odd name till I typed it over a few times.

Could be an instant success as it easy as an instant failure.

His personal success as a player and the contacts he must have may well go in his favour, not so much his experience. Very few world class ex-players go on to be great managers.

It seems the average ones have something left still to prove. (To themselves and professionally)

That being said, some (pep, poch, O’neill To name a few) are great managers who were all very successful as players.

I think he has a ‘football ‘ brain and technically (and literally trophy wise) he’s one of the best the premiership has ever seen.

I know he can’t be trusted with his brothers wife but that’s about the only negative about him I can think of.

Seeing as I am not his brother, no bother.

Giggs and Appleton might just work, I would welcome him.

23 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Delighted Giggs has come out and said he'd like the job. I know I mentioned his name a few days ago and I got a bit of a mixed reaction to the suggestion but I honestly think the guy would be a fantastic appointment.

Much like I did when Claudio was made manager. 

The man is a natural born winner; you don't forget how to win once you have it in your psyche.

14 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Most people belittled Claudio because of Greece and other things in his past but I said he'd built the core of some great teams. 

I honestly think Giggs would be a great choice - he is a natural born winner. As I've just said, once a winner, always a winner.

You're awfully proud of yourself, Leicesterdamus. 

(you weren't the only person who thought Claudio would succeed with us, btw)

Hmm I said Ranier would be a good appointment but I think Giggs  for us would be awful - proves nothing though.

"I've said all along that I'd be open to clubs which share the ambitions of myself. I want to improve clubs and improve players, to enjoy working for them and for players to enjoy the challenge.

"There are clubs in the Premier League which would be good jobs but also in the Championship and League One. It's more about the philosophy for me than the stature of the club."

Try coaching at a lower level first then to see if your capable of improving players, if you're  that keen you could do it voluntarily I'm sure you could manage for a year plus you could still do your media jobs.

Nah, can’t see Giggs getting it. He may have been a big name as a player, but he certainly isn’t as a manager. Surprises me that if he’s so desperate to manage that he hasn’t been linked with any jobs in the lower leagues.

In other news, Puel is favourite again.

3 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

No I'm not actually - I'm actually quite a down to earth guy when people get to know me but one suggestion of supporting a potential name in the hat and there we go. I'm not rude to any of you so please don't be rude to me.

Image result for don't be rude gif

10 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Facts are facts. I was laughed at for saying Claudio Ranieri was a good appointment and I said at length why I felt he was. Now I am not rude to you and I respect most of you won't agree with me but I'd far rather us pick Ryan Giggs than the ex Southampton Manager or even Sean Dyche. 

Dyche will probably go to Everton now anyway but I don't see him being successful there. I think he'd probably make them more steely as an outfit but he won't push them to the level their owners now demand. 

You weren't the only person to say that Ranners might be a good choice. It's not rude to mention this is it?

The reason people are pointing at perhaps laughing is that you are basing your choice of Giggs, and declaring him an absolute cert for success, based on nothing but a hunch, and the fact that you backed Ranners previously in support of this.

Giggs has done literally nothing to signify that he has the potential, any more than Seedorf, Neville, Keane, and many, many more who have been captains, winners, and colossal forces in football. Yet, none of them have managed to achieve what you believe Giggs would do instantly if given the chance with ourselves.

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

And now Ryan Giggs has been mentioned in being in the Frame for the Leicester job, what are the press up to pulling names out of a hat ffs it’ll be Koeman next in the running then the bookies will put any old name it to take money off gullible betters 

who’s next Santa Fuching Claus ??? ??

Tbf to the big guy he does generally deliver over Christmas, and we all know that’s a difficult time in the footballing calendar. 

Archived