Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

3 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

Just listened to the moan in

Very interesting comments from Burnley report

Dyche great fit but would want total control at club

One can only dream that Rudkin would go

The more I think about Dyche in charge the better idea it seems tbh

Just now, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Dyche with full control would be bloody good imo. Think he’d be Pearson-like in his approach to building up a club. A real pisser if the reason it won’t happen is because Rudkin is a mainstay. 

If he wants full control he won’t go Everton either surely???

id like him here, and I’d get him here purely to get rid of rudkin

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I want a young manager who plays attacking football with plenty of goals. All these old dodders want to do is play negative defensive football.

I get where you're coming from but if we appoint Puel it shows that somebody behind the scenes has actually put some thought into the appointment because the style he uses suits our group of players perfectly. He's tactically astute. I reckon it would be a risk appointing somebody who needs to coach out a lot of the tactical and technical habits they have picked up over the years.

Puel isn’t that bad a choice, bit of an overreaction on here. Yes, doesnt play the most attacking football, but Southampton haven’t exactly scored loads since he’s left so obviously wasn’t all him. Did very well in France, and got southampton to 8th and cup final.

Compared to Pardew & Coleman, he’s a decent shout. Not too many options out there!

Just now, Mark said:

Southamptons goal draught before he was sacked concerns me greatly.

Surely we should be aiming higher than this? Nothing against the guy there are much better options out there. Have a bad feeling that this might happen.

1 hour ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I honestly think Giggs would be a great choice - he is a natural born winner. As I've just said, once a winner, always a winner.

What an utterly bizarre logic. Gary Neville won a fair few trophies alongside Giggs and he was a spectacular failure in Spain.

Our job right now is far, far too big for Ryan Giggs to waltz into with absolutely no experience in anything other than dead rubber caretaker management.

If it's Puel, I'm very underwhelmed.

I just think it's the opposite of what we need when the best philosophy in this league (or any actually) is to score more goals than the opposition, not keep clean sheets.

We're a team who are absolutely woeful unless we're on the front foot anyway. And let's be honest, football without goals is a fvcking waste of time. We might never be the best team in England again but we should at least want to be the most entertaining. That should be the priority of clubs who realistically aren't going to win trophies on a regular basis. Give the fans a reason to be excited.

I'll stick my neck out and say our disappointing period is going to continue.

They finished 6 points off 17th, got 17 points less under him than they had the season before. They got 7 goals less than us and only 2 points more and we were ****ing shit. They might have finished 8th but that was two places lower than the year before, playing worse football and generally just being worse all round. 

Yet that qualifies him for a job here to do a rebuild?... although of course Rudkin won't think we need a rebuild because the would be an admission of his own mistakes. 

I’d be underwhelmed and worried if Puel came in because of his record as a defensive coach. Personally, Old Gravel voice would be my choice given his approach with players and his team play very similarly to us, but with a smaller budget.

if it has to be Puel, then it is what it is and I’ll back him just like every City Manager there has been. If you look at his record before Southampton, it’s pretty good and we could do a lot worse. Never boring being a Foxes fan is it! :scarf:

Archived