Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Puel feels a bit of a 'yes man' to me. I don't get the impression that he's gong to challenge those that need challenging. If true I can't help but think that Rudkin has appointed someone who is best for Rudkin and not for Leicester City Football Club. Of course I may be wrong.

What absolute garbage.

What on earth do you base this on? 

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Puel feels a bit of a 'yes man' to me. I don't get the impression that he's gong to challenge those that need challenging. If true I can't help but think that Rudkin has appointed someone who is best for Rudkin and not for Leicester City Football Club. Of course I may be wrong.

Such a 'yes man' that he was sacked from Southampton for sticking to his guns over playing formation??

I will support Puel as I believe in putting a certain amount of trust in people until they give you reason not to trust them and they let you down but I must admit from what I hear from people who know far more than me about the guy, ie Southampton fans, matt le tissier and reporters who covered Southampton last season I am a tad worried and confused about this appointment. Time will tell as always.

Iborra in front of the back four at the base of a diamond - yes please. Perhaps a bit weak defensively but Mr Puel.... something for the future:

Amartey Dragovic Maguire Chilwell

.....................Iborra

Mahrez.................................Gray

.......................Nacho

.............Slimani..........Vardy

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Iborra in front of the back four at the base of a diamond - yes please. Perhaps a bit weak defensively but Mr Puel.... something for the future:

We struggle playing 2 centre mids at the moment as we get overrun, so not sure playing 1 centre mid and 3 strikers is the answer 

If Puel is the best that we can do then I have lost all faith the owners know what they are doing. I remember the turgid football knocked out by this no mark at Southampton. How will someone of his low standing attract quality signings? It smacks of desperation in my opinion and is a step backwards even worse than appointing Shakespear was. All this will do is continue the downward spiral until we eventually go back to being a championship outfit at which point the owners will see no further use as a brand name and sell us off to someone even worse. Dark days indeed.

16 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If Puel is the best that we can do then I have lost all faith the owners know what they are doing. I remember the turgid football knocked out by this no mark at Southampton. How will someone of his low standing attract quality signings? It smacks of desperation in my opinion and is a step backwards even worse than appointing Shakespear was. All this will do is continue the downward spiral until we eventually go back to being a championship outfit at which point the owners will see no further use as a brand name and sell us off to someone even worse. Dark days indeed.

Sadly, I agree.

19 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

please remove your belt and shoelaces at the earliest opportunity 

20 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Well, it would indeed be dark days, IF that's how it was to pan out. However, the owners have too much money invested in us to let that happen. Think we need to trust in their judgement abit more. 

3 hours ago, Unclenobhead said:

I will support Puel as I believe in putting a certain amount of trust in people until they give you reason not to trust them and they let you down but I must admit from what I hear from people who know far more than me about the guy, ie Southampton fans, matt le tissier and reporters who covered Southampton last season I am a tad worried and confused about this appointment. Time will tell as always.

If we starting treating Le Tissier as an expert on anything then we may as well all give up.  I'm more intrigued than excited by the appointment but people need to look a bit deeper into his career than one season at Soton when to be honest he had nothing like the attacking ability he will have at Leicester. His team's previous to this were much more exciting, scored lots of goals and he also was not afraid to bring the younger players through / break up the status quo.

He could be a disaster but equally could be a very shrewd appointment so maybe we give him some semblance of a chance / don't start with too many preconceived ideas cos like Le Tiss says he was boring!

I myself will give him at least 3 games before I start calling for his head....

19 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Well, it would indeed be dark days, IF that's how it was to pan out. However, the owners have too much money invested in us to let that happen. Think we need to trust in their judgement abit more. 

Trust their judgement on managers? Good grief where have you been?  lol

13 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Trust their judgement on managers? Good grief where have you been?  lol

Can we have one of those managers that build the club, or one that wins our only ever top tier title, or one that stops what appears to be certain relegation please?

Oh, we've had all those. So, in a sense, one could say they've not done all that badly. But I take your point too.

If only we could reincarnate a Jock Wallace style Manager.  There was a man that took no shite and was prepared to give youngsters a chance.   Plus Rudkin would be told where to go.  Those were the days.   I still find it hard to believe he went on to spend one season at Sevilla:ph34r:

55 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If only we could reincarnate a Jock Wallace style Manager.  There was a man that took no shite and was prepared to give youngsters a chance.   Plus Rudkin would be told where to go.  Those were the days.   I still find it hard to believe he went on to spend one season at Sevilla:ph34r:

Jock Wallace was Manager when I first started going down to games with my uncle 

he would always say (if game was going badly) at half time don’t worry Jock will roast them and they will play better second half and pretty much guaranteed they would 

we definately need a Jock Wallace type manager. :D

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

That formation is ridiculous lol

You tend to have two CM's in a diamond rather than wingers. The idea would then be for the fullbacks to push on and offer width.

I may try your line up on FIFA and see how I get on. That's obviously the most realistic way of judging whether it will work.   

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Christ its not that bad surely lol 

Really don't understand why the owners haven't gone for Dyche. Out of all the names mentioned that we could have realistically attracted, he was the best. Puel doesn't seem like a long term fix. After Shakespeare we should have been looking for someone who can take us forward and someone who could be our manager for years to come. I may be wrong, but cant see Puel being here for years. It's not good keep changing the manager every season or 2. We need long term stability 

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

A bit? :D

If there are any Twitter users here, check out the delightful Mark Saggers from TalkSport. He is lambasting you guys for signing a foreign manager over a British one. He even offers some names that would be better appointments, including Karl Robinson and Luton manager Nathan Jones.

Archived