Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Foxestalk quizzes

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

There are 6 quizzes in the pipeline but if someone wants to do a New Year themed quiz for next week I'll put it to the front of the queue.

Can I add questions to my quiz, whilst it’s waiting to be ratified? I’ve got a few more potential questions but I haven’t had the time to research them for accuracy yet.

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Can I add questions to my quiz, whilst it’s waiting to be ratified? I’ve got a few more potential questions but I haven’t had the time to research them for accuracy yet.

I think so but I'm not sure. Try "manage questions" and let us know how you got on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Anyone do that new year quiz?

I was thinking of doing a 2017 news/events/sports quiz as an alternative if anyone's interested.

Go for it. I'm going to post an unrelated quiz tomorrow but I'll stick yours up on Saturday.

• Like 1

There are now 4 sports quizzes and 4 gen knowledge quizzes in the pipeline so we're okay for a few weeks but if anyone fancies submitting a quiz they'd be most welcome.

BTW, I think you can still take the quizzes after the discussion thread is locked by clicking on quizzes just under the banner or using this link  https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/quizzes/ . Could somebody who has missed one of the quizzes test that theory for me please?

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

There are now 4 sports quizzes and 4 gen knowledge quizzes in the pipeline so we're okay for a few weeks but if anyone fancies submitting a quiz they'd be most welcome.

BTW, I think you can still take the quizzes after the discussion thread is locked by clicking on quizzes just under the banner or using this link  https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/quizzes/ . Could somebody who has missed one of the quizzes test that theory for me please?

I tried to take Izzy's 80's music quiz but it wouldn't let me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

@Spiritwalker has just taken the Christmas quiz despite the thread being closed. How did you access it mate?

@Webbo

Trying not to come across as bothersome here, but would if be better if all submitted quizzes are just under one thread, for example existing ones are submitted here whilst new ones in the pipeline can also as well?

I personally find it confusing to look at the General Chat section and see various quizzes scattered about between threads etc, making it quite confounding to know which ones you've taken and which ones you've haven't.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

@Webbo

Trying not to come across as bothersome here, but would if be better if all submitted quizzes are just under one thread, for example existing ones are submitted here whilst new ones in the pipeline can also as well?

I personally find it confusing to look at the General Chat section and see various quizzes scattered about between threads etc, making it quite confounding to know which ones you've taken and which ones you've haven't.

I'm not sure I understand your first sentence.

There are only 2 types of quizzes sport in Gen Sport or General knowledge in Gen Chat. It was decided to do it that way when we were setting it up, it's not really important that it stays that way. If enough people want to change it so they're all on the same forum I'm sure we could change it.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Webbo said:

@StanSP can you allow plays on your quiz please?

I thought I had?

The only options I have when clicking on the quiz is 'Manage Questions & Answers' or 'Take This Quiz!'

EDIT: just realised you meant Part 3 (00s) quiz. Even so, only options I have are 'You Cannot take this quiz' or 'Discussion Topic'. 

Edited by StanSP

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I thought I had?

The only options I have when clicking on the quiz is 'Manage Questions & Answers' or 'Take This Quiz!'

EDIT: just realised you meant Part 3 (00s) quiz. Even so, only options I have are 'You Cannot take this quiz' or 'Discussion Topic'. 

There's usually an "allow plays" button. I've asked Mark to have a look when he's about.