Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

17 hours ago, WeDonWantProhibition said:

I have always wondered what makes Fortnite more popular than PUBG.
I've never played Fortnite yet, the only thing I noticed is the differences in graphics and realism. Is there any other advantage of this game after the obvious advantage of Fortnite (free to play)? I ask you seriously.

Seems to run a lot smoother, you have the building element (can be seen as a negative too), more variety of ways to kill and just generally brighter and more aesthetically pleasing imo. 

I do do find the rivalry of PUBG and Fortnite fans a bit cringey though, just play the one you prefer, or both 

17 hours ago, WeDonWantProhibition said:

I have always wondered what makes Fortnite more popular than PUBG.
I've never played Fortnite yet, the only thing I noticed is the differences in graphics and realism. Is there any other advantage of this game after the obvious advantage of Fortnite (free to play)? I ask you seriously.

I haven't played PUBG but i've heard a game can take up to an hour to do. (not sure if this is correct). A game of fortnite only lasts a max of about 20 mins so its more of a pick up and play.

Also the building mechanics in fortnite gives it much more variety over PUBG, no game in fortnite is the same whereas I can imagine PUBG to become repetitive.

I think the main reason its more popular is the arcade feel to it and the more cartooney graphics. Will appeal to kids more I would have thought. Then parents see the kids play and want to know what the fuss is about.

With the amount of updates Epic games are doing to fortnite it keeps it fresh and players interested.

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I haven't played PUBG but i've heard a game can take up to an hour to do. (not sure if this is correct). A game of fortnite only lasts a max of about 20 mins so its more of a pick up and play.

Also the building mechanics in fortnite gives it much more variety over PUBG, no game in fortnite is the same whereas I can imagine PUBG to become repetitive.

I think the main reason its more popular is the arcade feel to it and the more cartooney graphics. Will appeal to kids more I would have thought. Then parents see the kids play and want to know what the fuss is about.

With the amount of updates Epic games are doing to fortnite it keeps it fresh and players interested.

fortnite is better than pubg because it works.

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've heard from a few PUBG players that most matches end in two people lying prone in long grass waiting to snipe the other and whoever moves first because of the storm is usually the loser. Fortnite always ends in different ways, it's brilliant

If you don't have three mates to team up with, the disco ball challenge is impossible. After about 10 attempts, finally had a match where 4 of us were dancing on the stages, but one was trolling and waited till just before it unlocked before trying to kill everyone. Hilarious

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If you don't have three mates to team up with, the disco ball challenge is impossible. After about 10 attempts, finally had a match where 4 of us were dancing on the stages, but one was trolling and waited till just before it unlocked before trying to kill everyone. Hilarious

I found the 20v20 mode was the easiest to get this one done

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I found the 20v20 mode was the easiest to get this one done

Tried it several times, there's usually one other person trying to complete the challenge. Usually a non-battle pass player turns up and just starts shooting the place up. Hate this one

20 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Tried it several times, there's usually one other person trying to complete the challenge. Usually a non-battle pass player turns up and just starts shooting the place up. Hate this one

I did the challenge first try whilst in a duo. We danced and then went our separate ways. It was a moment of bliss lol 

Played a few solo's of this last night for the first time. I'm terrible! I try and land somewhere far where not many people will be, spend a bit of time looting and always fail in combat. Felt like a win when I got my first kill. 

I can see why its so popular, it is fun - but frustrating! 

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Played a few solo's of this last night for the first time. I'm terrible! I try and land somewhere far where not many people will be, spend a bit of time looting and always fail in combat. Felt like a win when I got my first kill. 

Best thing you can do is go to a busy place, find a gun then go find enemies and practice, practice and practice. No use getting loads of loot if at the first sight of someone you will mostly lose.

Go to Tilted, find a gun and be aggressive. Once you are more comfortable with fighting then start heading further away to get looted up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

As already said, land somewhere popular and grab a gun. Practice building in the material heavy modes such as 50 vs.50.

I used to be awful at the game, but I am a fairly ok player now, just through practicing. I still hide on the edge of the circle though until the last 5/10. Although if I come across someone on the way, I will kill them if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2018 at 22:57, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Searching chests? Piece of piss!

Still haven't got the fvcking Disco Ball challenge from 2 weeks ago, so I'm missing out on the 2 secret tiers since

Squads is the only feisable way of getting that disco ball, man. 

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Squads is the only feisable way of getting that disco ball, man. 

Trouble is most of my mates are on PS4, the ones that have Xbox don't really play Fortnite, and when I've played as squads with strangers they always just land at Tilted Towers or wherever the chest/elimination challenges are that week. The longer it goes on the even less likely you are to find other players who are willing to complete the challenge. It's actually pissed me off a bit, being the only challenge so far where it is completely out of your hands whether you can complete it

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Trouble is most of my mates are on PS4, the ones that have Xbox don't really play Fortnite, and when I've played as squads with strangers they always just land at Tilted Towers or wherever the chest/elimination challenges are that week. The longer it goes on the even less likely you are to find other players who are willing to complete the challenge. It's actually pissed me off a bit, being the only challenge so far where it is completely out of your hands whether you can complete it

I think that it's cross platform? I've played with PC players on Ps4. 

Yeah it's a bit naughty. Might be worth joining a couple of Fortnite groups on Facebook and seeing if you can rise a posse on there? 

19 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Surely if you go in a squad game and mark the map straight away someone will go.

infact 50 vs 50 is prob your best bet to do the disco ball

Nope, I always mark and if you're lucky, one person might join you. Must have tried 30 times now, and have given up

15 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Nope, I always mark and if you're lucky, one person might join you. Must have tried 30 times now, and have given up

mental, stick with it I am sure it will happen. There must be some fellow xbox players on FT that could help?

On 15/06/2018 at 20:37, foxfanazer said:

Did everybody enjoy the Risky reels challenge this week? lol

The 1st 2 days it was out was absolutely mental I swear you’d have about 70 people dropping there for like 6 chests each day lol helped 1 of my mates do it a few days later playing squads and next to no1 landed there, think he got 5 of the 7 in that 1 go

• Haha 1

Supposedly these are the challenges for tomorrow,  I wonder what the TBD is going to be. Salty is going to be crazy as will pleasant again. Should be good! 

• Deal headshot damage to opponents (0/250)
  • Search chests in Salty Springs (0/7)
  • Search chests in a single match (0/7)
  • TBD (0/1)
  • Search between… (0/1) HARD
  • Suppressed weapon eliminations (0/3) HARD
  • Eliminate opponents in Pleasant Park (0/3) HARD

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing on the switch recently rather than Xbox, and I'm *so* much better on it; not sure if it's me getting better though or the quality of opposition going down lol I've gone from having 1-2 kills a game average to 3/4+ more often than not. Still haven't won on the switch though - I'm dreadful in the 'final showdown' - came top 5 too many times to count haha. Need to practice in solo more, but I'm having way too much fun in 50v50.

New season looks good, and the changes are nice and refreshing. Nice to see a whole new biome, at last. The 'theme' this season seems a bit all over the place, though...