Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Memories of The Charlotte

I saw primal scream there, they were going through their 'heavy rock phase pre screamadelica. I stood on Bobby Gillespie Chelsea boot. Gave me a rather angry look. Played their a few times myself too. Fantastic memories of that place.

Haha I've played the Charlotte. It was amazing. Worst gig we ever played. 

It was for the Mercury's young bands night when we were about 15/16. The other two bands cancelled and the reporter didn't show up but nobody told us so we rocked up with our like 10 friends and went on anyway. 

Soundman was always shit but really couldn't be arsed that night. Neither could we, we got half our songs wrong. Literally stopped in the middle of one while I was balancing precariously on top of an amp stack playing my bass and just went "this is shit, shall we skip this one?" 

We went on to play our most popular song, a cover of Bro Hymn, about three times just to fill the time and because our mates liked singing along. 

Absolute farce. lol

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Haha I've played the Charlotte. It was amazing. Worst gig we ever played. 

It was for the Mercury's young bands night when we were about 15/16. The other two bands cancelled and the reporter didn't show up but nobody told us so we rocked up with our like 10 friends and went on anyway. 

Soundman was always shit but really couldn't be arsed that night. Neither could we, we got half our songs wrong. Literally stopped in the middle of one while I was balancing precariously on top of an amp stack playing my bass and just went "this is shit, shall we skip this one?" 

We went on to play our most popular song, a cover of Bro Hymn, about three times just to fill the time and because our mates liked singing along. 

Absolute farce. lol

You played the same song 3 times!? That's one way of filling a set out! An old bloke at work told that he went to see Unit 4+2 once...and they played 'Concrete and Clay' 12 times then b*ggered off ?......not at the Charlotte though....so apologies for going off topic ?

Archived