Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Manuel Pellegrini

7 minutes ago, vanity said:

I get why people.think that, but the reality is, these decisions are quite a bit about how many chefs are already in the kitchen. Everton just spent a ton of cash. They may have strong personalities in the back office and investors who want a say in things. We can offer stacks of cash for transfers and a talented team on paper plus autonomy. I can see us being more appealing to managers, it just depends what the manager values.

At Southampton, the transfer policy & academy progression seems the same whoever is the manager and at Everton, Walsh is extremely hands-on as we know

So with regards to Koeman, he's worked where he's purely the first team coach & manages the cards he's been dealt, rather than doing the dealing too

Pelligrini though didn't like his time at Real Madrid, where the club just signed Galacticos & not strengthen the team where he, the 1st team coach needed it

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

The Mercury has pretty much stated that he has ruled himself out, as he wants to honour his contract.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-managers-job-favourite-668949

True but the quotes are from November 2016 - a lot has changed in the last 11 months.

Manuel Pellegrini’s three-year contract with Chinese club Hebei China Fortune is worth more than £36mSSN has been told, meaning it would be very expensive for either Leicester or Everton to persuade him to leave.

I think he would be a decent appointment but unless his club are happy for him to go and he wants a huge pay cut... There is very little chance of this happening! 

Realistically now.. I'd take Dyche, Howe or Rogers. 

Not fussed about Puel but could do worse I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Manuel Pellegrini’s three-year contract with Chinese club Hebei China Fortune is worth more than £36mSSN has been told, meaning it would be very expensive for either Leicester or Everton to persuade him to leave.

I think he would be a decent appointment but unless his club are happy for him to go and he wants a huge pay cut... There is very little chance of this happening! 

Can you work out why he stated he intends seeing out his contract???

close thread !

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Dyche, Howe, Rodgers or Benetiz from this country, there's surely another Pochettino/Silva on the continent though? Maybe Paulo Sousa has poisoned that well though?

3 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

All the above mentioned will want the Everton job so who ever we want Everton will hijack us 

Maybe not Benitez?

Just depends if he can live with Ashley & is happy to sit it out until the club is sold

Archived