Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Manuel Pellegrini

Considering I was the only person who stuck my neck out when we hired Ranieri on Radio Leics in the pre-season review and said he'd make us see days we've never seen before, I was almost laughed at because no one could believe he could still cut it. I think if we pull this off we might not win the league again in the next year or two but cup successes might beckon... a great coach. Treated awfully by Man City but would be adored here.

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Pellegrini to be manager with this guy as his assistant with the intention of grooming him for the main job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Potter

He's took a 4th tier Swedish side to the top division, won the cup and now tops his Europa group in front of Atletico Bilbao, Hertha Berlin and knocked out Galatasaray in the preliminary round.

A degree and a masters in leadership and emotional intelligence suggests he has the brains and people skills. He's also played professionally for 10 years at PL level but mainly Championship level.

He looks to me to have an almost perfect profile to be a top manager if given the chance.

That's a superb shout. Potential absolutely there with him.

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, if only for his chant.

Rudkin went to china 

in a Lamborghini

brought us back a manager

Manuel Pellegrini

Although it probably would touch a nerve at the moment.

Except he went in an i8. 

Rudkin went to China

In a bright blue beemer

brought us back a manager

And sacked him 6 months later

4 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Are you potters agent ? 

LOL, No but with that kind of record a Championship club or a similar level club will be taking him on.

Managing isn't necessarily a meritocracy and he ticks all the boxes to succeed. 

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's a superb shout. Potential absolutely there with him.

I'm carrying the torch for him but it's not my shout but @Far Post Gerry 

He ticks all the boxes for me bar experience at this level but he's 42 and managed for six seasons. You really couldn't ask for much more than to take a club from Sweden's 4th tier to the top division and win the Swedish Cup and then top your Europa League group at the half way stage.

He's been a pro for 10 years mainly at Championship level with good clubs like Birmingham, Stoke, Southampton and West Brom so he's been around high level football all his career. He's obviously very intelligent with his degree and masters in fields that are relevant in dealing with people. 

If it was my decision I'd certainly want to see if he really impressed in an interview and maybe bring him in with an experienced older manager like Pellegrini to assist with the intention of stepping up.

22 minutes ago, dayday said:

Yep that's pretty much what happened, the final season he was in charge they was going backwards.

All managers have there day, and his best days are behind him.

His final season they were our main challengers until they announced guardiola was coming in the summer, then they collapsed. Don't think judging  off his final season when he got shafted with three months to go is particularly sensible 

50 minutes ago, murphy said:

Without that mid season announcement, they might well have pipped us to the title.

It was the timing too, they announced it in the week before our game. Their minds weren't on it, we played them off the park and gained confidence that we were good enough to go on and win it.

Think Pellegrini is a great shout. He has the track record to secure the players' respect, which is crucial with this dressing room. He knows the PL and, whilst he has managed huge clubs, he has also shown he can be successful with mid sized clubs like Villarreal and Malaga. Perfect fit for me. 

Archived