Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Manuel Pellegrini

I wanted this from Tuesday and he was never on any thread lists. He looks like the next Dr Who. He can make a substitution with his eyes.

I'm very happy if this happens but I can imagine Rudders bleating on at him with his pitch while he stays silent and peers back all knowingly though his unkempt eyebrows. Shut up John and hand him the pen.

3 hours ago, mod hero said:

Just spoke to my Man City pal.

says they played some lovely free flowing attacking football and scored 150 odd goals in his first season in all comps.

when things got tough though he had no plan B.

cripes if that's plan A, i'll settle for not having a plan B! :D

Don't get me wrong I think hes a good option but the more I think about it the more I think we should go with dyche. It would be different say we had mp in the summer when you can sign players but he will be stuck with what hes got. I just think dyche would get more out of the players we have got. Lets not forgot worst case senario we could be bottom after Saturday. We can't sign anyone till january and I think with dyche there would be the fight we need. Obviously just my opinion and I know it's early but I'm swaying towards dyche. 

I'm sure it's been said already but it's important to remember the man had five or so great years at Villareal and three at Malaga in recent times, both clubs in positions and statures not far from us and in both cases he took them forward and earned moves upwards. 

He's no mug, I'd love him here. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sure it's been said already but it's important to remember the man had five or so great years at Villareal and three at Malaga in recent times, both clubs in positions and statures not far from us and in both cases he took them forward and earned moves upwards. 

He's no mug, I'd love him here. 

He's a world class manager is the long and short of it. And one not afraid whoever he manages and won't hide or make excuses. 

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Don't get me wrong I think hes a good option but the more I think about it the more I think we should go with dyche. It would be different say we had mp in the summer when you can sign players but he will be stuck with what hes got. I just think dyche would get more out of the players we have got. Lets not forgot worst case senario we could be bottom after Saturday. We can't sign anyone till january and I think with dyche there would be the fight we need. Obviously just my opinion and I know it's early but I'm swaying towards dyche. 

Think its the other way round, the additions to the squad since winning the League would suit Pellegrini more than Dyche bar Maguire. If you look at Burnley and the team built there over the years its very home-grown British, the odd bit of flair from elsewhere but the core and most of the cogs and pieces are hard working battlers. Over the past year we've picked up more 'technically gifted', cultured types of player, quite a few full internationals and plucked from well to do sides from different nations all over the place, more similar to what Pellegrini had to work with at ManCity, Iheanacho was one of his brightest looking players not so long ago.

Archived