Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Manuel Pellegrini

1 minute ago, adam said:

Pellagrini is 3/1 next West ham manager on paddy power!

Yeah Rudkin wacked on 10 quid as he does not think he can push him around

I do think it is a bit peculiar though that a sudden rush of money went on him if there isn't any truth in this though. I sincerely think the owners are doing all they can to make this happen and another chance to manage in England with a club he knows won the league during his time here would appeal. The long term goal would probably match his own plans - please God, I hope this happens... I'll be so irritated it if it is Pardew holding that shirt when the presser is done.

1 minute ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I do think it is a bit peculiar though that a sudden rush of money went on him if there isn't any truth in this though. 

Didn't Cotterill hit favourite when we hired Raineri? Or when the entire forum watched a pre-match press conference for a third tier US side with preki? Odds on this mean **** all

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Didn't Cotterill hit favourite when we hired Raineri? Or when the entire forum watched a pre-match press conference for a third tier US side with preki? Odds on this mean **** all

I miss those days.

20 minutes ago, dayday said:

Looking at the Bluemoon forum , they're saying he is a nice guy, had great first season then all went tits up, they mention  player power got the better of him, not convinced he is what we need right now.

Bit of a world of difference between managing our lot and players of their caliber mind. 

Not sure about this.Has Pellegrini got any experience digging teams out at the wrong end of the table? We were lucky with Ranieri but not convinced that a big name is always the answer and I can see even more money being frittered away on players Prefer Dyche myself.

Get money on him being the next boss, not in the know, we just have to believe it’s him, and not other shit like pardew, Coleman and co.

Pellegrini is a manger of quality, and I don’t think he takes shit from anyone, so could be the man to start the clear out.

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Claims there's been 4 figure bets on him? I didn't think bookies took bets of that size on manager markets as they're wide open to get rinsed.

Sounds like someone has got inside info, to be betting like that, or more money than sense.

This is why I never respond to those pointless "Well, who would you appoint" posts. No one would have seen this coming, and if anybody had said they wanted Pellegrini the response would have been laughter and derision.

This is a top drawer - so much a better proposition than a shit ginger Poundshop Pearson. 

Pellegrini? Hell yes.

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Get money on him being the next boss, not in the know, we just have to believe it’s him, and not other shit like pardew, Coleman and co.

Pellegrini is a manger of quality, and I don’t think he takes shit from anyone, so could be the man to start the clear out.

He's down to 2/1 with PP now.

Looks like we missed the boat on getting decent odds...

1 hour ago, SpazticChicken said:

Think its the other way round, the additions to the squad since winning the League would suit Pellegrini more than Dyche bar Maguire. If you look at Burnley and the team built there over the years its very home-grown British, the odd bit of flair from elsewhere but the core and most of the cogs and pieces are hard working battlers. Over the past year we've picked up more 'technically gifted', cultured types of player, quite a few full internationals and plucked from well to do sides from different nations all over the place, more similar to what Pellegrini had to work with at ManCity, Iheanacho was one of his brightest looking players not so long ago.

I can see what your saying I just worry that with mp if were struggling and I hope were not is he someone used to a fight at the wrong end of the table. 

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Looking at the Bluemoon forum , they're saying he is a nice guy, had great first season then all went tits up, they mention  player power got the better of him, not convinced he is what we need right now.

Sounds familiar... Get your bets on us to win the league next season.

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Claims there's been 4 figure bets on him? I didn't think bookies took bets of that size on manager markets as they're wide open to get rinsed.

That's bull. I've moved prices with less than £50! 

Claudio Ranieri, ex Juventus, Roma, Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Inter.  ->  Craig Shakespeare -> Manuel Pellegrini, ex Real Madrid, Manchester city, River Plate.

Quite a difference in pedigree lol

It's not even necessarily a good thing but it is quite funny still, if it were to happen.

Mixed feelings but mainly positive. His record is very impressive.

He is definitely a different type of manager and someone that might be able to change our hoof approach. 

Known to play some very nice football and has done pretty well at every club he has been at to be fair. 

Ticks the boxes for the owners and offers us fans hope that we may be looking to move away from low possesion/long ball stuff. 

I'm excited by this one but of course any appointment has a risk attached and he may be too much of a step in a different direction for our players.

Whereas I can see Dyche giving us a bit more of the same in terms of style and approach (which may work!), I think Pellegrini would certainly give us a shakeup and new blueprint which could be just what we need, to turn into a top 8 regular. 

Gets my thumbs up! Hopefully some truth in it 

Archived