Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-1

8 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I have to say, I know what you mean. 

For me, Mahrez has only played well this season against a poor Brighton & a poor Swansea. 

Against better opposition he has been missing in action or totally ineffective. 

Just proves why a big European club didn't want to pay our interpretation of the 'market' rate for him. 

Still think he'll move on eventually, but we won't be getting £45/50m for him. 

Maybe right

But class is perminant.... the club needs a team to work with ryhad to help him get back him form.  He needs to set aside thoughts of leaving and get with the program 

26 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I have to say, I know what you mean. 

For me, Mahrez has only played well this season against a poor Brighton & a poor Swansea. 

Against better opposition he has been missing in action or totally ineffective. 

Just proves why a big European club didn't want to pay our interpretation of the 'market' rate for him. 

Still think he'll move on eventually, but we won't be getting £45/50m for him. 

Ha.

He didn't have 2-3 players constantly swarming him, like the good teams or the teams wary of the threat he represents, always do. Having a midfielder who runs the show like Iborra helps. An overlapping FB would too.

Main attacking threat and of the best players this season, but let's sell him and bring some workhorse to plow the field for 40 millions. Connoisseurs.

16 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

He did. Don't follow the stormcrow.

Definitely at fault for the goal or was it another defender? Was I seeing things?

You will see over the course of the season he will be at fault for a fair few goals against us.

Liverpool now Swansea.

I don’t dig the love for Maguire.

23 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Ha.

He didn't have 2-3 players constantly swarming him, like the good teams or the teams wary of the threat he represents, always do. Having a midfielder who runs the show like Iborra helps. An overlapping FB would too.

Main attacking threat and of the best players this season, but let's sell him and bring some workhorse to plow the field for 40 millions. Connoisseurs.

I'm always interested in this argument. 

Basically what you're saying is that Mahrez can't be blamed for his own under-performance because the opposition mark him, or because other players haven't compensated for his laziness to allow him the time on the ball to be creative. 

I'm sorry but that's a bit lame for a player supposedly valued at £45-50m who reckons he deserves to be playing in the Champions League. 

Mahrez would perform better in a better team - but so would everyone! 

His performances this season have mostly been awful I'm afraid, however much people want to make excuses for him. 

5 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I'm always interested in this argument. 

Basically what you're saying is that Mahrez can't be blamed for his own under-performance because the opposition mark him, or because other players haven't compensated for his laziness to allow him the time on the ball to be creative. 

I'm sorry but that's a bit lame for a player supposedly valued at £45-50m who reckons he deserves to be playing in the Champions League. 

Mahrez would perform better in a better team - but so would everyone! 

His performances this season have mostly been awful I'm afraid, however much people want to make excuses for him. 

You're right, he's lazy and awful. Let's sell him.

people won't ever be satisfied with riyad. he was responsible for the 2 goals and put a beautiful pass to put vardy 1vs1 but he missed it.

he tracked-back and played team football but people will find a way to get at him. meh, what ever float your boats i guess.

21 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Anyone who didn’t see the game, Riyad Mahrez got underneath a ball coming down from low earth orbit, with a storm whipping wind and rain around him, and he trapped the ball perfectly. Sublimely. 

It was a piece of control that you half expect from him, but it made me expostulate a “Whooooaaaah”.

It was part of a performance which included being key to both goals, being at the heart of our attacks, tracking back and defending.

Mahrez is back, baby.

If he plays like this he will be gone in the New Year, so let’s enjoy him while we can.

i already put it nn the other thread but here it is

1y1tdr.gif

21 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

You, sir, do not belong on Foxestalk......

........Anyway, apologies for the long post but I just wanted to give you a heads up as even though your post above seemed very reasonable I hope you can now see you are just some Pearson bummer who is probably "too young to remember when we were shit" and too positive.

Thanks

Rumble.

X

lol

Believe me, I was there.

Nice post btw, although I've shortened it to save on cloud storage!

12 hours ago, the messenger said:

Definitely at fault for the goal or was it another defender? Was I seeing things?

You will see over the course of the season he will be at fault for a fair few goals against us.

Liverpool now Swansea.

I don’t dig the love for Maguire.

He's very good but he seems to make one mistake a game which leads to a clear-cut chance. If he could cut those out he'd be superb.

Still, he's been one of our better players this season - though I think Morgan has been the much better of the two centre backs overall.

17 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

You're right, he's lazy and awful. Let's sell him.

The trolls are amazing really. Imagine having a dig at Mahrez for his performance Saturday. Only assisted two goals and showed the efficiency we've yearned for, adding some sumptuous pieces of skill to brighten our day too.

:nigel:

30 minutes ago, shen said:

The trolls are amazing really. Imagine having a dig at Mahrez for his performance Saturday. Only assisted two goals and showed the efficiency we've yearned for, adding some sumptuous pieces of skill to brighten our day too.

:nigel:

It's not even trolling. These people are dead serious. 

Involved in the 2 goals, should have had a second assist if Vardy buried it (imagine how people would have reacted if it was Slim or Nacho) and like you said some pieces of skill only a fistful of players in this league could ever fcking dream to do and you read comments like "he wasn't that good", "it was only Swansea".

Watch his rating for this match.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I maintain, you put Riyad into a great team (like a current Man City) and he would look absolutely sublime.

Skill wise, the player is on a different planet to the rest of our squad.

Let's hope we carry on playing on the front foot- it's blindingly obvious that we're a dangerous team when we have a go. It's not just Riyad who looks better when we have more of the ball in the final third.

On 10/21/2017 at 17:50, BoyJones said:

I don't understand where the second half of your sentence comes from. Have you got some inside information that previously the players weren't trying. 

Highlight your evidence please.

Well done Leicester on a good, much needed win.

Look at the performances in general and particularly this season then you'll understand the second half of my original sentence.

I agree a much needed win but just as important is consistency.

it's telling that the team moves the way riyad does, the only two wins we got in the league this season were because the team gave him the platform to work his magic.

honored to have watched him, his first touch is up their with the best of them and it wouldn't be crazy to say that he has the best first touch in the world right now.

we are devastating when we can keep the ball and counter attack at the same time. we make it a lot harder to predict the next move, and against midtable and lower table teams, it seems to work

and i just want to say that ndidi's performance went a bit unnoticed, he did a good job as a box to box

Mahrez is slowly returning to form. He's not yet as devastating as he was the year we won the league but he's getting back to his old self where he's a nightmare for the opposition to deal with. That's now at least 5 assists and a goal in 8 starts which isn't bad for a player who's talked about like he's still reported missing from 2015/16.

I still think he'd be even more of a menace in a 3-4-1-2 playing in a free role behind the strikers but it's all about whatever system we play, we create enough problems for the opposition to free up space for Mahrez to then wreak havoc.

We were superb on Saturday, absolutely immense.

Archived