urban.spaceman

Jamie Vardy - 200th Appearance today

Legend.

In 25 years time he'll probably be remembered as the most iconic player ever to wear a Leicester shirt.

One of the greatest personal stories in football history I would imagine. 

People will still be re-telling his story 50 years from now.

Enjoy it boys, Jamie will be the guy you tell your kids and grandkids about. Vards embodies LCFC. Hopefully we'll see him get a few more.

• Like 1

I went to my 1st game in 1977 and have seen many great (and some not so great) players

play for our club, but JV is my all time favourite.

• Like 1

Legend. Don't agree he was poor today, though he missed a great chance late on. Great to see him linking up well with Riyad again too. When those 2 are on it we can be unstoppable. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

He's the one player I'll never want to see leave.

Legend of the club who's stuck around and given us some of the most iconic moments.

Will be talked about for years to come

59 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Do we know if the movie still happening?

Haven't heard anything for a long time. 

As far as I know the production looks like this:

Writers:

Adrien Butchart (originally approached Vardy)

Paul Tamasay and Eric Johnson (Oscar nomination for their screenplay "The Fighter")

Producers:

Adrian Butchart

Simon Egan and Gareth Ellis-Unwin (Bedlam Productions; won the Oscar for best film with "The King's Speech")

Cast (rumoured:

Louis Thomlinson off One Direction as Vardy

Vinnie Jones as Pearson

Last few things I've seen have been about them discarding Euro 2016 and Claudio's sacking for obvious reasons. My guess is that they're waiting to see what happens at the World Cup, which we all know can be either laughably pointless or a genius ploy.

• Thanks 1

Of all the title winners Vardy is the player that means the most to me, his story and his play style just typify what we did as team. 

inspirational to all those non-league players who think they don't have a chance playing at the top level but seeing him reach the top and go on to play in Europe as well as for England gives them some hope.

That also gives me a huge sense of pride and achievement that we took the risk, we took the gamble to pay £1m to Fleetwood, we gave him his chance and Pearson kept his faith in him. Hard work paid off and has got him to the top.

200 appearances. 71 goals. A Premier League record-holder. A Premier League winner. An icon for Leicester City. 

Might have missed a one-on-one yesterday but there are few better at scoring from these positions than JV. I thought the keeper's decision making was first class. This time the keeper won.

I was tempted to look at the record of another City legend to compare. Considering JV's first season in the Championship and first season in the Premiership weren't that great I didn't expect them to compare but they are very similar.

Wortho 210 appearances, 72 goals, JV 200, 71.

• Like 1