Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Super Mario Odyssey

I've only recently brought my Switch a couple of weeks ago and am so glad that I did! I was worried that it might be a bit of a fad, but I love it. And the fact they are bringing out 10/10 games for it also massively adds to that. I'm getting stuck into Zelda still at the moment, so I might wait until after Christmas to get this, but I am really looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously this game just gets better and better. The references to Mario 64 is brilliant I am forever being reminded of how great that game was. I defeated Bowser last night and yet im only a quarter of the way to finishing the game. Nintendo really have smashed it with this Mario installment  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Seriously this game just gets better and better. The references to Mario 64 is brilliant I am forever being reminded of how great that game was. I defeated Bowser last night and yet im only a quarter of the way to finishing the game. Nintendo really have smashed it with this Mario installment  

Mm, it’s quality! Just hit 689 moons and still loving every second of it. 

12 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

wow nice one. I'm on approx. 320 so still plenty to do. Just working my way through each land in order and getting the easy moons. Then I will go back and be a completionist.

I can see some of the Koopa race moons being a pain

30 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

wow nice one. I'm on approx. 320 so still plenty to do. Just working my way through each land in order and getting the easy moons. Then I will go back and be a completionist.

I can see some of the Koopa race moons being a pain

I've found the long jump is the fastest way of moving, hit a couple of long jumps and it gets you the edge and normally stops a heavy landing when jumping from up high. Not tried the cap throw, jump and dive technique as it is really fiddly on handheld  and don't forget to use the environment round you, sometimes you can destroy some things on the route in advance to make it easier.

I've found the trace walking to be the most annoying.

13 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

How many have you bought from the shop? It seems like you can buy loads from the shops, but I will quickly max out my cash if I try and buy them all. Have you 100%ed any of the levels yet?

7 hours ago, Captain... said:

How many have you bought from the shop? It seems like you can buy loads from the shops, but I will quickly max out my cash if I try and buy them all. Have you 100%ed any of the levels yet?

I’ve bought one in each kingdom. As far as I understand, the extra ones you can buy are “unofficial” and just help you reach 999 (I suspect reaching that amount rewards you with something). I’ve 100%ed the Cap, Cascade and Lake Kingdoms. 

3 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

So how many moons do people have? I have 541 (I think)

The last multi moon to get is just horrible. Has anybody done it?

Its called The Long Journey (something like that, my memory is rubbish lol)

Is that the Darker side level? I spent ages on it the other day it is fiendish and my girlfriend kept trying to talk to me so I shouted at her. Didn't manage it as the battery was dying and I was getting close to launching it out the window. Will try again when I have some peace.

On about 500 moons I think.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Is that the Darker side level? I spent ages on it the other day it is fiendish and my girlfriend kept trying to talk to me so I shouted at her. Didn't manage it as the battery was dying and I was getting close to launching it out the window. Will try again when I have some peace.

On about 500 moons I think.

Yea it is. Unlocked after you get 500 moons. I managed to finish it yesterday after dying countless times. I cant stress enough how important it is to get the extra heart for 6 bits of health. There is 1 part right at the end that is just ridiculous. I had 6 health and got through it with 1 left. I then had to do another 2 parts with that 1 piece of health I was so lucky to make it to the end.

Never felt so satisfied to get a multi moon lol 

I'm on 800 moons having bought one in each kingdom. Only missing between 2 or 3 moons in most kingdoms now, apart from Dark Side which I haven't tried yet. Had a go at Darker Side level and failed miserably on numerous occasions. Anyone done the jump rope challenge? It's a chore but finally managed to complete it last night.

3 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I'm on 800 moons having bought one in each kingdom. Only missing between 2 or 3 moons in most kingdoms now, apart from Dark Side which I haven't tried yet. Had a go at Darker Side level and failed miserably on numerous occasions. Anyone done the jump rope challenge? It's a chore but finally managed to complete it last night.

Is  that the skipping rope challenge in New Donk City?

I've done it first time round, but I imagine there is a harder one on the second pass.

2 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I got 1 moon on the jump rope challenge. Think I jumped like 50 times. I assume there is a harder moon to go for?

Ive only finished the Ruined Kingdom for moons. I am just dabbling in each one getting whatever easy moons I can. I think now ive finished the darker side I will go back to the beginning and do everything one kingdom at a time. I really want to finish the game 100%

You get a nice cap when you finish the darker side. I wont tell you what it is though :P

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Is  that the skipping rope challenge in New Donk City?

I've done it first time round, but I imagine there is a harder one on the second pass.

There’s a harder one, yes. It’s frustrating but if you get into the groove of it, it’s not too difficult to get through. I think there’s a similar challenge on the volleyball court in Seaside Kingdom. 

Quite motivated to 100% the game, but I imagine the purple coins will be a grind!