Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Super Mario Odyssey

21 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

There’s a harder one, yes. It’s frustrating but if you get into the groove of it, it’s not too difficult to get through. I think there’s a similar challenge on the volleyball court in Seaside Kingdom. 

Quite motivated to 100% the game, but I imagine the purple coins will be a grind! 

I've  got all the purple coins in a few kingdoms now, I imagine it will be frustrating as you don't get hints for the coins. I also feel like you should get a moon for getting all the purple coins.

I struggled on the Volleyball one first time round until I realised I could just chuck my cap it and then it was really easy.

Got exactly 600 moons now. I am missing 3 purple coins in the Sand Kingdom. Spent over an hour last night looking but still cant find them. Driving me mad. Took me a while to work out the moon called 'on the eastern pillar' in the sand kingdom.

Need 1 moon in the cascade kingdom, the parrot wont give me any info on it so I assume its a moon that will appear when I do something in another kingdom.

The cap kingdom there is a moon I cant get in the sky above the hats. I use the frog to jump and then quickly change to Mario at the top of the jump but still cant get it.

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Got exactly 600 moons now. I am missing 3 purple coins in the Sand Kingdom. Spent over an hour last night looking but still cant find them. Driving me mad. Took me a while to work out the moon called 'on the eastern pillar' in the sand kingdom.

Need 1 moon in the cascade kingdom, the parrot wont give me any info on it so I assume its a moon that will appear when I do something in another kingdom.

The cap kingdom there is a moon I cant get in the sky above the hats. I use the frog to jump and then quickly change to Mario at the top of the jump but still cant get it.

Yeah, that Eastern pillar one is difficult. Can’t quite recall that one in the Cap Kingdom. I guess you’ve tried shaking the pad to jump higher and all that?

I’ve almost 100%’ed it moonwise now. Only missing the second beach volleyball challenge. Don’t know if I can be bothered with that one. Missing about 25 coins spread across a few kingdoms. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've now Got all the main moons. I'm on 900. Just need to buy the last 99 moons and the skeleton outfit at 9999 coins.

i have 12 purple coins to find, 6 in metro kingdom, 3 in snow kingdom and 3 in luncheon kingdom

then im ready to beat bowser again and fully complete this game. Been an absolute joy to play 

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Managed to 100% complete the game. 999 moons, all purple coins, all outfits and beat bowser again. Now to look for another switch game

Wow, nice work! I’m only missing some costumes, but I’m about 18000 coins short so I’m not sure that I can be bothered with another coin grind.

It’s been a really enjoyable game from start to finish. Up there with the very best Mario titles if not the best. 

2 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Wow, nice work! I’m only missing some costumes, but I’m about 18000 coins short so I’m not sure that I can be bothered with another coin grind.

It’s been a really enjoyable game from start to finish. Up there with the very best Mario titles if not the best. 

A good coin farm is on Bowser Castle where u plant the seed and climb the vine to the clouds. Do it repeatedly and I timed it at 180 coins a minute. I did the 9999 coins for the skeleton outfit then went and looked for the remaining purple coins which I got quite lucky with. Found them pretty quickly. Once I had them I went back to Bowser castle and coin farmed again to buy the remaining 99 moons. Then beat bowser to finish it.

Feel a bit grim that ive finished it. My daughter has her own file which she asks me for help with so I can still play it. Ive got her Just Dance 2018 for xmas so now I need to look at a game for myself. Never played Xenoblade so might look at that

Only just passed 600, first 100% level though, the cloud one with only 12 moons to collect :scarf:

Pretty confident of getting to 700 - 750 as I know I have quite a few levels to re-explore and loads of easy ones to get.

Still not paid for hints yet, nor googled any, that will be desperation levels. I'm also going to start paying a bit more attention to the coin grabs, 9999 for the skeleton outfit and buying 99 moons is a lot of coins.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

What about this:

https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/

It looks good, I've not played the first, but either that or Mario vs Rabbids would be my next game.

Yea I might take a look at this. Looks like the sort of game I would enjoy.

Defo collect all the coins you can. I was similar to you, I got to about 750 moons going back through each kingdom and picking up stray moons I missed. The cloud kingdom was also the first one I finished lol. I did use google on a few stray moons that I couldn't figure out. TBH though I don't think any of them are mega difficult so I think if I had more patience I could have done it.

Hardest moon to get is the final multi moon on the darker side of the moon. Every piece of health you can keep is a must. Died so many times on that lol 

10 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

A good coin farm is on Bowser Castle where u plant the seed and climb the vine to the clouds. Do it repeatedly and I timed it at 180 coins a minute. I did the 9999 coins for the skeleton outfit then went and looked for the remaining purple coins which I got quite lucky with. Found them pretty quickly. Once I had them I went back to Bowser castle and coin farmed again to buy the remaining 99 moons. Then beat bowser to finish it.

Feel a bit grim that ive finished it. My daughter has her own file which she asks me for help with so I can still play it. Ive got her Just Dance 2018 for xmas so now I need to look at a game for myself. Never played Xenoblade so might look at that

Yeah, that’s the one I did to get enough coins for 119 moons or however many you needed to buy. Took around 50 minutes. Spent a lot of coins on Hint Toad towards the end of the game. 

Like you, I’m gutted that it’s over! I’d happily see a sequel or DLC based on the same concept. Kind of like what they did with Super Mario Galaxy 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Over 800 moons now and saved up for the bone suit, still got lots of others to buy, but that grind is complete. Finally twigged about the hint art stuff, working through those now. Will be sad when it finishes but it has been a joy to play.

I feel an emptiness inside now ive finished it. My switch hasn't been turned on since I finished it :(. Need a new game

On 22/12/2017 at 22:41, Harrydc said:

Is the switch worth it? Thinking of buying one as I used to be a huge Nintendo fan but it's a lot of money to splash out. 

Only you know if it is worth it to you, in Zelda and Mario Odyssey they have 2 the most enjoyable games I've ever played. Throw in Mario Kart and 1,2 Switch (classic Nintendo party games), Splatoon, Mario vs Rabbids, upcoming Pokemon and Metroid titles, a few ports like Skyrim and more Nintendo originals there is plenty to enjoy on the Tv, on the go, on the loo.

If you have a spare few hundred quid then go for it.

Guest Harrydc
7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Only you know if it is worth it to you, in Zelda and Mario Odyssey they have 2 the most enjoyable games I've ever played. Throw in Mario Kart and 1,2 Switch (classic Nintendo party games), Splatoon, Mario vs Rabbids, upcoming Pokemon and Metroid titles, a few ports like Skyrim and more Nintendo originals there is plenty to enjoy on the Tv, on the go, on the loo.

If you have a spare few hundred quid then go for it.

I'll get one in the next few weeks. Just when I get payed it's worth a go I think might keep me entertained for abit ...

• 2 weeks later...

Over 900 moons now, (I'd already bought  about 20 extra ones), just got a few moons on normal kingdom (beach volleyball :(), a bit of art to find, may end up using my old pal google for those, the darker side which I will crack when I have the time, whereas the hatless levels on the dark side are fvckers.

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

Over 900 moons now, (I'd already bought  about 20 extra ones), just got a few moons on normal kingdom (beach volleyball :(), a bit of art to find, may end up using my old pal google for those, the darker side which I will crack when I have the time, whereas the hatless levels on the dark side are fvckers.

A little tip for the beach volleyball is to go into 2P mode and control cappy. You’ll finish it in no time. That’s how I completed it after numerous tedious attempts controlling Mario and getting my cap throws marginally off target.

• Thanks 1

996 3 to go, (I spent all my money before hitting up the dark side levels where I was dying a lot and without collecting any coins so losing coins quickly).

Not tried 2 player on volleyball, one of the note collecting ones in Bowser's kingdom I will probably do with 2 player too, and there is one moon on cascade kingdom I can't find anywhere, I've googled 4 things to help me so far, I don't want to google any more. Got a few purple coins to find too.

7 hours ago, Captain... said:

996 3 to go, (I spent all my money before hitting up the dark side levels where I was dying a lot and without collecting any coins so losing coins quickly).

Not tried 2 player on volleyball, one of the note collecting ones in Bowser's kingdom I will probably do with 2 player too, and there is one moon on cascade kingdom I can't find anywhere, I've googled 4 things to help me so far, I don't want to google any more. Got a few purple coins to find too.

Which one in the cascade kingdom are you looking for? Just so I can tell you that I know where it is lol

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Which one in the cascade kingdom are you looking for? Just so I can tell you that I know where it is lol

Behind the waterfall, I've got the hint, it's marked on the map, I've looked behind the waterfall repeatedly but can't find it.

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Also the volleyball is mega easy. Just run back to the centre after every hit and throw Cappy. U can't go wrong 

I'm limited to playing it on handheld which makes it harder to do the shake throw that homes in on the target. I've hit 60-70 a few times then it just gets plonked over the net and I just miss it.

28 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Behind the waterfall, I've got the hint, it's marked on the map, I've looked behind the waterfall repeatedly but can't find it.

I'm limited to playing it on handheld which makes it harder to do the shake throw that homes in on the target. I've hit 60-70 a few times then it just gets plonked over the net and I just miss it.

Don't bother with the shake throw. I did it handheld also just throw it with the button press. You will get it im sure.

I got stuck on that 1 as well in Cascade Kingdom. You will kick yourself when you find it.

Edited by kingcarr21