Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. STOKE (A)..pre match thoughts..

This game will give a big indication of what kind of manager CP will be. I don't agree with "never change a winning team"  we've made a lot of changes in the last three games and won them all. I would like to see a team picked to beat the opposition exploit their weaknesses and play to our strengths. We have a lot of options up front let's use them and not burn out Vardy and Mahrez.

I think Shinji will start maybe Albrighton give us that work ethic to get us into the game and unsettle Stoke's backline. We could go with 3 at the back, I don't really know Claude it's over to you.

56 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I'm sure there's about 20,000 Sunderland fans willing to give up their season tickets for you.IMG_2565.JPG.50e995d3bf42c3d4f0f4e869cc9a57fa.JPG

You still haven't answered the question, instead swerving it with old nonsense.

Why, when you've been making a point over recent weeks of having Amartey in the side because hes 'a beast' do you now not even want him in the squad YOU said should be picked?

Answer the question..

I don't think we'll see a regular, week in week out system until at least January, maybe not at all. 

Purl seems like the sort of manager who looks to play against the team he's playing. What I mean by that is, set up his team based on the strengths and weaknesses of whatever team he's playing that day. Which explains why he chopped and changed so much at Southampton and why he's known for getting good results. It also explains why he's seen as boring as his main concern each week is to stop the opposing team from playing their game. 

I think this could work for us as it will keep a lot of the players happy, knowing they will play here and there and make us unpredictable for teams to play against. 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why, when you've been making a point over recent weeks of having Amartey in the side because hes 'a beast' do you now not even want him in the squad YOU said should be picked?

Answer the question..

You don't have to be mad because other people rate Amartey.

IMO we should look to be on the front foot and I'd rather have an extra attacker on the bench than an extra defender. I'd personally pick Amartey because he can play about 8 positions but it's not outrageous to want to play Dragovic on the bench because he's a more accomplished player. Amartey is still only 22, I find it utterly baffling that you can't wait to bin him. Is it because you're scared about being proven wrong?

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Answer the question..

Because Big Aleksandar is more beastly :dunno:

4 hours ago, somebum said:

Hate syston what a shithole whoever designed the place needs shooting

It's the people that make it unwelcoming, such as the number of car/shop thefts and other problems that downgrade people's perceptions of the area.

Most are quite friendly and fine, overall, however (haven't met them before; but myself, @Webbo and @TiffToff88 sound like decent inhabitants of the area).

25 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's the people that make it unwelcoming, such as the number of car/shop thefts and other problems that downgrade people's perceptions of the area.

Most are quite friendly and fine, overall, however (haven't met them before; but myself, @Webbo and @TiffToff88 sound like decent inhabitants of the area).

I get the guys point

Cautiously optimistic, as I've been for the past two weeks. I think the worst is over for us, with challenges yet to come that we're capable of handling.

I can see a hard-fought 2-1 or 3-2 victory; we're going to have to score some goals and our defense was not as pristine as one might think looking at the Everton scoreline.

I took a screenshot of everyone praising gray , I have a full folder of Gray praises 

You know I'm gonna keep 'em , if he ever under-performs and we start slating him in a Thread 

I'm gonna post a reply to anyone praising him right now then turning on him later

it tends to happen a lot in this forum 

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

myself... sound like decent inhabitants of the area

I see your casual narcissism. 

Will probably hit the midland railway then, assuming that's the one just off the mini-roundabout on the road out from the town centre to thurmaston?

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Will probably hit the midland railway then, assuming that's the one just off the mini-roundabout on the road out from the town centre to thurmaston?

Yes, that's correct.

Normally busy most times of the day that it's open at the weekend.

Not sure on the first part..:whistle:

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's near the Station (surprisingly enough) just over a humpback bridge on the way from Thurmaston.

We've got a pretty decent record v Stoke. 1 loss in 6 games against them and that loss came way back in 2014/15 under Pearson when we were shocking. Couple of 2-2s at their place and one 1-0 with Ulloa scoring. Beat them convincingly at home 2 & 3-0 in the last couple of seasons. 

Archived