Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

11 minutes ago, Redouane said:

More like he was actually used to his strengths in Sporting 

Here they expect him to play Okazaki's role, which is not at all his natural role

Don't want to turn this into a slim bashing thread, but we've had Ranieri, Shakespeare and now Puel and he hasn't been a regular starter for any of them (I know Puel has only been in charge for one game but it's hard to see where slim fits into the system played against Everton). That's all I'm saying, we've got a 'countdown to Silva' thread up, as if he's the 2nd coming of Christ, may be our expectations are a bit high?

Edited by Rogstanley

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Let's not write ineacho off yet...

We did that with vardy and look what happened!

Different scenarios now though. 

Vardy wasn't under the same pressures to perform being in the Championship when he first arrived (and coming from a non league club too).. 

Iheanacho came here with the reputation he had achieved playing and scoring goals at the highest level. 

When Silva is available the conundrum of where Iheanacho plays and fits in becomes even greater than now. 

Have a feeling along with a few others he might be surplus to Puel's requirements. 

41 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Don't want to turn this into a slim bashing thread, but we've had Ranieri, Shakespeare and now Puel and he hasn't been a regular starter for any of them (I know Puel has only been in charge for one game but it's hard to see where slim fits into the system played against Everton). That's all I'm saying, we've got a 'countdown to Silva' thread up, as if he's the 2nd coming of Christ, may be our expectations are a bit high?

Slim was a regular starter under Ranieri up until his groin injury.. Time will tell if he has a place under Puel, but Puel seems like he prefers pace over physical. 

Edited by Redouane

You have to feel sorry for Silva. after all of the Transfer, Saga, He'll be coming in halfway through the season and hoping to play for a Manager who didn't sign him.

I think a lot will depend on how Puel sees him playing. whether it's a holding midfielder and let Iborra and NDiddi do all the running in a MF 3. Or we continue with wing backs and use two from the above 3. In which case it will be harder for him to

split  Iborra and NDiddi up.

One thing is sure whenever he does get a chance to play he'll have to be ready and deliver, otherwise, it will be a season to remember for all of the wrong reasons.

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

Let's not get too excited about him.. 

We did that with Iheanacho and look what happened! 

Kelechi will come good because of players like Silva & Iborra though IMO, and honestly he’s not even match fit yet, we’ve seen but a percentage of how he’ll be for us. We can’t dismiss how ruthless he was for Man City, we know he’s good enough. :) 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Kelechi will come good because of players like Silva & Iborra though IMO, and honestly he’s not even match fit yet, we’ve seen but a percentage of how he’ll be for us. We can’t dismiss how ruthless he was for Man City, we know he’s good enough. :) 

I'd be decent playing in the Man City side!... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The player Adrien Silva confessed today to have made many concessions to Sporting to make viable the transfer to Leicester, in an interview with RTP, in which he spoke of the revolt by the situation that lives and the conviction that will go to World Cup 2018.

"The negotiations for my transfer to Leicester were very difficult. I had to make a lot of concessions to Sporting, I will not talk about them, it's between me and the club, but I want to make it clear that I had to give up things so that negotiations could go on front ", revealed the former captain of Sporting, in an interview with the public television channel.

The uprising was so much that Adrien had "a lot of desire to talk about the injustice" that he felt, but revealed that there were people who calmed him and advised him to "let time out of the pain to speak in a calmer and less aggressive way," advice he says he has followed in good time.

It is Adrien himself who highlights the difficulty of being weeks on end without being able to exercise the profession and what he likes to do, which is to play football, but he guarantees that he will "get stronger" from this situation.

"I felt a great disillusionment with everything that happened, which I was not responsible for, but I am the big loser." The talks were very late, on the last day of the inscription, because Leicester was selling a player, Drinkwater, to Chelsea, and as long as that transfer did not materialize, mine could not be closed, "Adrien lamented, for whom Sporting were also not very willing to lose it," which is understandable. "

In the midst of such disappointment, the team looks like Adrien's 'girl in the eye': "Fernando Santos told me to be calm and to prepare for the best when I get to January.If I'm thinking about going to the World Cup? It's something that is in my head all the time and I'm going to work so that I'm in the best condition when the time comes for the World Cup. "

In relation to his experience in Leicester so far, he has been very well received by the members of the board, his colleagues and, above all, the new coach, Claude Puel, who has been sensitized to his situation and to go through an "intense moment, a whirlwind of emotions that makes a person more easily irritated."

"I could not train with my teammates in the first three weeks, I trained with my brother, and it was only after that time that I joined the normal team work. However, I always have to do extra work after training to compensate the lack of competition, "said Adrien, whose motivation, despite everything, ensures he is high, so that he can respond in the best way when it comes time to return to the 'hurting' competition.

Finally, he addressed his "emotional farewell" of Sporting, confessing that he never doubted that it would be so because "the fans never forget what the players leave in the field."

"I spent half my life in that club, I went in with Paulinho, Sporting was always my home and I hope to finish there my football career or come to perform other functions inside the club," confessed Adrien, who praised Jorge Jesus , responsible for the captain's armband that came to wear, and recalled the first year of the coach's arrival at Sporting, a "perfect year that only by miracle" did not end with the title.

40 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Just saw him coming out of one those massage parlours on narborough road.

Many years ago someone I know saw a player going into one of those massage parlours, as they stood in the reception laughing and giving him a ribbing, the player repeately and anxiously insisted he was only there for a massage. lol 

Afterwards the the said player was always known as 'dirty <players surname>‘ whenever he touched the ball. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox