Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Leicester midfielder Adrien Silva 'disgusted' by injustice leaving him in football exile following move to Foxes from Sporting Lisbon

• Paperwork for Adrien Silva transfer was filed 14 seconds past deadline
  • Portuguese midfielder was therefore unable to play and his appeal was rejected
  • He said: 'I was disgusted by this, but people calmed me, they advised me'
  • Silva has ambition to play in World Cup and is looking to hit the ground running 

Leicester midfielder Adrien Silva is 'disgusted' by the injustice which has left him in exile.

The Portugal international cannot play for the Foxes until January after the paperwork for his £22million move from Sporting Lisbon was filed 14 seconds after August's transfer deadline.

Leicester's appeal was rejected by FIFA which has left Silva facing four months out and unhappy with the situation.

'I had a lot of desire to talk about the injustice,' Silva told Portuguese public broadcaster RTP.

'I was disgusted by this, but people calmed me, they advised me that I had to let go of a painful time to express myself in a calmer, less aggressive way. It was the best decision.

'The negotiations for my transfer to Leicester were very difficult. I had to make a lot of concessions to Sporting, I will not talk about them, it's between me and the club, but I want to make it clear that I had to give up things so that negotiations could go on.

'I cannot hide that it was a big disappointment. I felt a great disillusionment with everything that happened, which I was not responsible for, but I am the big loser. It is not a short time without playing.'

Leicester moved for Silva late in the window after finally selling Danny Drinkwater to Chelsea but failed to get the deal done.

It has left Silva's World Cup place for Portugal in doubt and he has already been left out of the recent squad.

'The talks were very late, on the last day of the market, because Leicester were selling a player, Drinkwater to Chelsea, and as long as that transfer did not materialise, mine could not be closed,' said Silva.

'Fernando Santos (Portugal boss) told me to be calm and to prepare for the best when I get to January. If I'm thinking about going to the World Cup?

'It's something that is in my head all the time and I'm going to work so that I'm in the best condition when the time comes for the World Cup.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5081445/Leicester-s-Adrien-Silva-disgusted-transfer-injustice.html#ixzz4ySByD8WT

On 11/13/2017 at 02:15, yorkie1999 said:

Just saw him coming out of one those massage parlours on narborough road.

Training for the next Bangkok trip. Good forward planning.  Hopefully a happy ending in January for all of us....

13 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Would he be first choice, despite hardly playing competitively but will be very much raring at go at first call on 1st January?

He won't hit the ground running after such a long time without playing, that's for sure. I think he'll need at least 6-8 games to come back to his level.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

He won't hit the ground running after such a long time without playing, that's for sure. I think he'll need at least 6-8 games to come back to his level.

They are literally doing everything they can possible to make sure he will hit the ground running though.. they are getting competitive friendlies arranged just for him.

The coaches are far more experienced than us so i trust them on this one.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

19 minutes ago, les-tah said:

They are literally doing everything they can possible to make sure he will hit the ground running though.. they are getting competitive friendlies arranged just for him.

I think Zeguy is right - one or two friendlies is just tickling it - any player coming tot he pl needs a 6 or 8 games - only now are we able to assess iborra.  This isn't silva's fault - we need to be a bit patient and let him adjust.  IF fans think the preparation means he'll hit the ground running there are going to be some unhappy posts on FT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Amen to that. Hope you're right but still have my doubt. 6 months without playing isn't a small matter at this level.

Personally feel we are going to end up with one of the most determined footballers in the Premier League come January.

1) The man is furious with the authorities

2) He has about 2 months to save his World Cup place (Next lot of friendlies March)

3) He's finally playing in a high level league, he's been wanting that for a long time!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Personally feel we are going to end up with one of the most determined footballers in the Premier League come January.

1) The man is furious with the authorities

2) He has about 2 months to save his World Cup place (Next lot of friendlies March)

3) He's finally playing in a high level league, he's been wanting that for a long time!

Let's hope so.  He certainly has a point to prove.  I'd guess we might need to tweak things to accommodate him, Iborra and Ndidi?  As a midfield goes that sounds pretty damn good.  :)

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Let's hope so.  He certainly has a point to prove.  I'd guess we might need to tweak things to accommodate him, Iborra and Ndidi?  As a midfield goes that sounds pretty damn good.  :)

I would imagine away from home especially we will go 3 in midfield

Iborra Ndidi and Silva sounds good to me

• Like 2

Looking forward in seeing the midfield improve when he eventusally starts.

Hope his experience will boast other's morale and help the team stride towards a top-seven finish.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

That's the emergency case, it also says the full case is ongoing and a hearing will be held soon....... in January. If i were him i'd still go ahead with it, just to piss them off and make a point.

• Like 1