Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Court case against Vichai/KP

5 minutes ago, red5 said:

Good chance they'll be locked up, we'll be relegated to the 2nd division, Martin George and Barry Pierpoint will be running the club and Peter Taylor the manager, 

Good thing though they'll be no problems getting tickets and it'll be pay on the gate.

How fvcking lucky are we lol 

On 23/11/2017 at 10:49, Abrasive fox said:

They're trying to claim they haven't been charged and it's been mistranslated. They've definitely been charged, they were hoping the case would be thrown out, but that hasn't been the case.

I'd avoid what's been written in the mercury, it's been fed by the club and isn't a true reflection of events.

They haven't been charged, a lawsuit has been filed against them and the court now has to look into it to decide whether their is a case to answer. If they decide yes, then it proceeds to a trial proper, if it's a no then it gets chucked out. Currently they have only had allegations made against them, the court decides if there is a case to be made and as yet they've not seen any evidence to make a decision.

It should also be added they haven't been named personally in the lawsuit, only the company. The only person named was a senior kingpower exec, along with a bunch from the airport authority. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They haven't been charged, a lawsuit has been filed against them and the court now has to look into it to decide whether their is a case to answer. If they decide yes, then it proceeds to a trial proper, if it's a no then it gets chucked out. Currently they have only had allegations made against them, the court decides if there is a case to be made and as yet they've not seen any evidence to make a decision.

It should also be added they haven't been named personally in the lawsuit, only the company. The only person named was a senior kingpower exec, along with a bunch from the airport authority. 

Been told that by the club have You, believe that mob you'll believe anything.

They have been charged and named, going to disagree with Reuters and a properly translated article are You? Or bekieve the spin the club are trying to put out in the media. I should add as well as the Reuters article I have colleagues in Thailand who have confirmed this.

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Been told that by the club have You, believe that mob you'll believe anything.

They have been charged and named, going to disagree with Reuters and a properly translated article are You? Or bekieve the spin the club are trying to put out in the media. I should add as well as the Reuters article I have colleagues in Thailand who have confirmed this.

Disagree with Reuters? It's their article I'm quoting. But feel free to post your link that states the owners have personally been charged.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-thailand-king-power-leicester/thai-court-looks-into-lawsuit-against-owner-of-leicester-city-idUKKBN1DF2NU

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Disagree with Reuters? It's their article I'm quoting. But feel free to post your link that states the owners have personally been charged.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-thailand-king-power-leicester/thai-court-looks-into-lawsuit-against-owner-of-leicester-city-idUKKBN1DF2NU

That's the UK Reuters article which has quotes from king power which havee come from LCFC. My Thai colleagues translated the original Thai Reuters article.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

That's the UK Reuters article which has quotes from king power which havee come from LCFC. My Thai colleagues translated the original Thai Reuters article.

We've gone from "so you're questioning Reuters", to Reuters is a load of shit in two posts?

I'm not sure Reuters even publish in Thai, but that article is from the reporting of Aukkarapon Niyomyat, Chayut Setboonsarng and Panarat Thepgumpanat, who sound pretty Thai to me.

The guardian in association with a Thai reporter stated quite clearly that ". The chief operating officer of King Power International, also the group vice-chairman, Sombat Dechapanichkul, is the King Power executive charged personally. Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha are not personally named as defendants.

The bangkok post said the same stuff.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We've gone from "so you're questioning Reuters", to Reuters is a load of shit in two posts?

I'm not sure Reuters even publish in Thai, but that article is from the reporting of Aukkarapon Niyomyat, Chayut Setboonsarng and Panarat Thepgumpanat, who sound pretty Thai to me.

The guardian in association with a Thai reporter stated quite clearly that ". The chief operating officer of King Power International, also the group vice-chairman, Sombat Dechapanichkul, is the King Power executive charged personally. Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha are not personally named as defendants.

The bangkok post said the same stuff.

Where did I say Reuters is a load of shit?

19 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Where did I say Reuters is a load of shit?

When you didn't think I was quoting Reuters you seemed to suggest Reuters was un questionable... when I pointed out I was quoting Reuters you then seemed to suggest that it wasn't a correct translation and English language Reuters was questionable. 

I'm not trying to be 'Abrasive', it's just that no reputable English language publication has said they have personally been charged. They have attempted to intimate as much for the headline, but the details have always pointed out that only one individual has been named personally from Kingpower. The stories have always been written in conjunction with a Thai reporter as well, so I can't believe their translations are incorrect. 

Companies being charged and how that impacts them personally is up for debate, but it's not always the case that the person at the top takes the can for any wrongdoing. It's more than possible that as the case progresses they are named personally, but at this moment I've not seen anything to suggest they have e been. 

Could Thai law be if you own the company on a charge like this it is automatic your charged. Then they name the other person or other persons as involved. Do we have any Thai lawyers on the site that can explain Thai law.

May stop the arguments about a legal system none of us know fvck all about.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:21, sylofox said:

Could Thai law be if you own the company on a charge like this it is automatic your charged. Then they name the other person or other persons as involved. Do we have any Thai lawyers on the site that can explain Thai law.

May stop the arguments about a legal system none of us know fvck all about.

Possible, but they did specifically point out they hadn't been charged personally, you'd hope they'd do some fact checking before publishing their pieces.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Possible, but they did specifically point out they hadn't been charged personally, you'd hope they'd do some fact checking before publishing their pieces.

You would hope but any news report is only as good as the reporter is. As for translations how many times have we seen them and they make next to no sense. Now add a legal system into the mix lol 

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This is what the club and Anthony have been telling everyone after the initial piece was released, they don't need to fact check when they can quote a 'source'

Archived