Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fourfoxsake

Claudio Ranieri

On the topic of cr.

He was key in managing the tactics and the psychology of our greatest ever season.

I know things didnt end well.

I think we should sing his song proudly as a reminder that we won the pl.

He came from Italy 

We won the premier league 

Please union fs... sing his song

I get goosebumps thinking about it.... we dared to dream

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

I feel that Ranieri's 'gentleman' approach - in motivating, respecting and taking care of the players welfare etc, was a key reason why he was appointed.

Personality can prove effective in football management, if the players take it the right way.

But can see Walsh having a very big input in who the club had signed, with Rudkin being the 'yes man's in regards to dealings/negotiations etc.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

18 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

The general rule of thumb is, if they’ve turned out alright it was a long term target of Steve Walsh, if they’re crap it was a combination of Claudio, Rudkin or Macia. That should help you as you navigate Foxestalk transfer debates mate. 

Good luck.  

Don't think it is.

I acknowledge Walsh identified the likes of Slimani and Musa but I heavily doubt he'd have paid that much for them.

Identifying a player and then actually going through and paying a fee for them are two different things.

18 hours ago, Fourfoxsake said:

Can anyone confirm who was responsible for the signings the year after we won the league. Claudio or D O F, or someone else. Thanks 

This SLB to me.

18 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

The general rule of thumb is, if they’ve turned out alright it was a long term target of Steve Walsh, if they’re crap it was a combination of Claudio, Rudkin or Macia. That should help you as you navigate Foxestalk transfer debates mate. 

Good luck.  

Blimey someone talking sense on FT..... Scary.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

It’s my understanding Mendy, Gray, Benny and Kaputska were Claudio signings.

All the rest where identified by Walsh prior and signed regardless of value by Rudders within the vacuum that was, tripping around the globe and Walsh gone.

1 out of 4 aint bad !!!!

• Like 1