Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Brazil.

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We aren’t playing to Vardy’s strengths, just as we didn’t on Friday.

We aren't at all – however when he has received the ball or a promising situation has opened up, his decision making tonight has been questionable. Hit the byline and run at them, Jamie.

Vardy really wasn't helped by Rashford tonight, every time Vardy had the ball Rashford made the wrong run, or no run at all. Rashford's decision making was pretty bad all game IMO. A shame, as he is an exciting player to watch, still lots to learn though. Livermore is basically a prize draw winner, no business being anywhere near an England squad, only present due to so few available English CMs, plus a bit of the reisdual Spurs shine that the FA still love left on him. Dier has been pretty bad too, if Drinkwater gets back to near his best he should (but won't) be well ahead of those two, the only deep lying English central midfielder who actually takes any responsibility for dictating play, too many of the others are simple sideways ball shufflers who abdicate creative responsibility and slow down any attack they are involved in. Actually think Maguire is more creative than the 2 defensive midfielders, and he is a centre back.

Who'd have thought that Jese Lingard would go from being nowhere near good enough for a Leicester team in the Championship, to being nowhere near good enough for an England team against Brazil (EDIT: whilst remaining nowhere near good enough for Leicester). Fair play to the lad, really advanced his ability to stink out the place to a whole new level of football.

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

Who'd have thought that Jese Lingard would go from being nowhere near good enough for a Leicester team in the Championship, to being nowhere near good enough for an England team against Brazil. Fair play to the lad, really advanced his ability to stink out the place to a whole new level of football.

Some people are great at rising to their own level of incompetence ;)

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Lingard is absolutely dreadful, how he consistently gets called up is beyond me 

Plays for the right club I suppose. 

England to there credit defended pretty well, good run out for the youngsters that featured. I'm sad to say Vardy didn't have a good night.

Bloody hell Vardy doesn't help himself does he? Two games as a centre forward like we've been screaming for for years and he does fvck all in either of them. Crap performance tonight to boot.

He'll have to hit 15+ in the league at least to make the squad I reckon. All these young players getting a look in now and only 3 or 4 striking spots with 2 of them carved in stone (Kane & Rashford). Seems a bit harsh but I'll not be surprised if he doesn't make it and I don't think he can have too many complaints as things stand either.

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Quite promising, we have 3 young centre halfs who are all comfortable on the ball. Defensively sound, decent strikers just lacking a bit in midfield.I thought Gomez was excellent.

Agree. It's midfield where we look miles off a top international side. People knocking Vardy tonight for instance.. we have him nothing to feed off.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I once played for my school team in a regional tournament and we got all the way to the semis without scoring a goal in normal time.

I feel like this could be the way forward for Gareth Southgate.

Portugal pretty much won the euros in similar fashion so did Greece. You open up against the likes of Brazil and you can say bye 

Thought our defending in that game was excellent, the best I've seen in a very long time, we limited them to very little.

I was however a bit disappointed with the attacking. Vardy and Rashford both struggled but they had absolutely nothing on, they're too similar and were being asked to do all of the attacking. Absolutely no way should Lingard or Livermore be anywhere near the side. I think you have an Alli or Sterling in midfield there and you've got a potential win.

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Bloody hell Vardy doesn't help himself does he? Two games as a centre forward like we've been screaming for for years and he does fvck all in either of them. Crap performance tonight to boot.

He'll have to hit 15+ in the league at least to make the squad I reckon. All these young players getting a look in now and only 3 or 4 striking spots with 2 of them carved in stone (Kane & Rashford). Seems a bit harsh but I'll not be surprised if he doesn't make it and I don't think he can have too many complaints as things stand either.

I think he'll make the squad because he's better than most other options, Southgate knows him and he's massively different to any other striker England have.

Archived