Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Brazil.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

On the plus side, defensively we look an awful lot better. Not conceding tonight against that Brazil side is a feat in itself.

The defenders & wing backs looked comfortable on their positions.A clean sheet against the Brazilians gives us a platform of hope for next summer. Just need to discover a bit of creativity.

Also I might be on my own here but did Lingard do much wrong tonight? He at least looked to move the ball forward and provided half a link between defence and attack.

I'm far from his biggest fan but he wasn't a disgrace tonight, and we've a depleted squad. He'll probably be no more than a squad player.

17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Bloody hell Vardy doesn't help himself does he? Two games as a centre forward like we've been screaming for for years and he does fvck all in either of them. Crap performance tonight to boot.

He'll have to hit 15+ in the league at least to make the squad I reckon. All these young players getting a look in now and only 3 or 4 striking spots with 2 of them carved in stone (Kane & Rashford). Seems a bit harsh but I'll not be surprised if he doesn't make it and I don't think he can have too many complaints as things stand either.

No worse than the others over two games to be fair to him. I think the formation has potential to work but it's going to need a bit more from midfield. Zero creativity in that side what so ever. Livermore and Lingard wouldn't start for us let alone England.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

No worse than the others over two games to be fair to him. I think the formation has potential to work but it's going to need a bit more from midfield. Zero creativity in that side what so ever. Livermore and Lingard wouldn't start for us let alone England.

It's not our first team though and wouldn't ever have been unless Southgate's hand wasn't forced.

11 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Portugal pretty much won the euros in similar fashion so did Greece. You open up against the likes of Brazil and you can say bye 

Very true. Portugal didn't win a group game did they? I could check that but I can't be bothered tbh

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's not our first team though and wouldn't ever have been unless Southgate's hand wasn't forced.

Exactly why I think it's still got potential to work. Get two of Alli, Sterling or Winks in for Livermore and Lingard, and Kane for one of the forwards you've got a decent side I think.

Brazil didnt even have to get our first gear and all we did was pass from side to side.

Vardy and Rashford may as well have not even bothered being on the pitch for all the service they got.

Be shocked if we got out our group.

14 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Bloody hell Vardy doesn't help himself does he? Two games as a centre forward like we've been screaming for for years and he does fvck all in either of them. Crap performance tonight to boot.

He'll have to hit 15+ in the league at least to make the squad I reckon. All these young players getting a look in now and only 3 or 4 striking spots with 2 of them carved in stone (Kane & Rashford). Seems a bit harsh but I'll not be surprised if he doesn't make it and I don't think he can have too many complaints as things stand either.

Untwist your knickers lad.

Vardy is England's 2nd best striker - by a distance.

If he's not in Russia next summer then he's injured.

I've only seen highlights of the Brazil game but watched the Germany game. He tried way too hard. Which is laudable, because nobody else was trying to make anything happen going forward. But it's not his game.

From what I've read about the Brazil game though, if he wasn't all over the pitch trying to force it, we'd have offered absolutely nothing going forward.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Untwist your knickers lad.

Vardy is England's 2nd best striker - by a distance.

If he's not in Russia next summer then he's injured.

Not sure he's our 2nd best striker, Rashford is superb. He may just edge second best but not by a distance 

Archived