Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

31 minutes ago, Weller in Tights said:

We went next to SK 1 for the Leeds and Liverpool cup games. I've got to be honest, sorry, but  I wasn't that impressed.

Yeah but in those Cup games not everyone is seated in the same place as for league games where their is a batch of ‘singers’ all together.

I’m in my 50s (ffs can’t believe that) and I get involved.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Last weekend was as bad as its been for years.

I'd like to put it down to a stunned silence due to how brilliant Man City were but it's rapidly declining.

Yes it’s a disgrace now.

Too many middle aged and older people who either can’t be arsed or don’t have the energy, plus the younger generation have been priced out of the equation.

the atmosphere is always proportional to the football.

Our "incredible atmosphere" began at the start of the Great Escape, which just happenned to coincide with introduction of the clappers. It then followed through the following season in which we won the PL - how could the atmosphere not be good with that going on?  

Now that the excitement levels have tailed off, so has the atmosphere.

• Like 1

I don't think last weekend is a fair comparison. We were being well beaten (in terms of play) by a very strong side, and no matter how much you like to sing, it is difficult for most to do so when there's not much to cheer about. 

However I have noticed a declining trend in our atmospheres which is a shame, even the clappers are being used less and less each game. As has already been pointed out, it is possible we have simply peaked, it is unlikely we will ever see a CL game again, let alone a title challenge (in the top division anyway). 

But I do think we have a good fan base generally, it will pick up if we go on a bit of a run.

I very much agree that the atmosphere and singing is integral to the experience of going to a football match, but it's not the same for everyone. I don't live in the city anymore so don't have a season ticket, but probably see about 15 games a season home and away. Last season I watched 3 of the Champions League games from near the family stand in seats that had incredible views, but even on those nights the atmosphere where I was sitting was pretty dead. Even for the Porto game which overall had one of the best atmospheres I've ever heard at the club period (that was a great night actually). But then when we were up against Sevilla I went next to the Kop and it was probably my pick for best atmosphere for an LCFC game at the King Power.

The thing is though that Leicester is a family club. We are never going to have Ultras at the club, and as you've said the atmosphere was so brilliant because literally the most romantic story in Football history was about to take place. So when it's not up to those incredible standards it will be naturally a lot flatter, and once you've experienced an atmosphere like the ones against Sevilla or even versus Norwich when Ulloa got the winner right at the end, it's hard to accept the current situation.

Trying to think about proactive ways to solve the issue, check out the following video posted by Robbie from ArsenalFanTV. He went to Dortmund to see how they managed to create such an incredible atmosphere and it's quite interesting. I've personally been to the stadium to see a Bundesliga match and it really is quite incredible.