Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

4 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

This will guarantee a "20 times, 20 times Man Utd"chant without fail.

There's nothing wrong with their chant of 20 times either.

On the tube to Wembley in the Comm Shield against them a group of their fans were singing this, they clocked a lot of City fans in the same carriage so started sing '1 time, 1 time and we're counting, 1 time I say......' and so on.

It raised a few smiles, I thought it was excellent, sang with no malice or patronisation at all, just football fans having a laugh.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, are we all so precious now that we'd rather sit in silence than get some banter going? I really couldn't care less what other fans think of us, who really gives a shit? I'm there to support our lads, have a good time and hopefully make enough noise to encourage them. Do people really go to the footy these days thinking, 'ooh we can't sing that to them, because they might think we're silly'? Honestly some people really need to get over themselves, and do our job of being the twelfth man. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, C-man said:

I half understood this argument last season when we were reigning Champions. Now it's completely daft to sing it to former Champions, given that we are now also, you know, former Champions.

On a similar note... did I hear L1 singing 'Champions of England, you weren't even born' to Burnley the other day?! lol 

Agree we shouldn’t be singing it now. I thought we were discussing talking it last season

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Liverpool last won it in 1990 and Everton just a few years earlier in the late 80s so most people following these clubs will have seen them win the league. So they have sung it.

But they won’t in future. It’s all about tense. 

I started this thread because I'm genuinely disappointed the way football viewing is going.

More watching on the TV, less atmosphere at grounds, gentrification of the sport etc. Before I get accused of harping back to the bad old days of the 70's, I do not miss the mindless thugs, however I do like a crowd that is passionate and noisy.

undoubtedly some joker will say "swap the Kop and the Family stand" thinking they're cracking some amazingly ironic joke! And even though I have pre-emptied their tired wit, they will still do it thinking they're super ironic.

But seriously, is there something we can suggest to the club to help the atmosphere. I personally think a Safe Standing area as soon as we are permitted to have one (hopefully in the next few years) would help. Failing that, make an area (such as the whole of the Kop), unreserved seating, so those wanting to sing can congregate. Maybe then they would congregate behind the goal rather than stick away up high in a corner.

Too many armchair style FOOTBALL fans at the Leicester games nowadays, rather than actual LEICESTER CITY fans.

and no you don't have to sing to be a true fan, we're all different. However those that can be bothered to make some noise should be encouraged.

• Like 2

On 23/11/2017 at 15:40, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes it’s a disgrace now.

Too many middle aged and older people who either can’t be arsed or don’t have the energy, plus the younger generation have been priced out of the equation.

I'm  fairly certain that 90% at least will be the same people down there that were there when Weller started that other thread.

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The lino at the spurs game was crap.  Miles behind the play misding their left winger straying off side.  Ignoring a foul right in front of him when even the ref could see it.

We need a coherent chant... to tell him he's fuched up and needs to get a grip.

Any suggestions?

Oh lino, whoo-oh

You must be a wino, whoo-oh-oh-oh

You must be blind as a bat

If you didn't see that

Volare

• Like 1

I think as weller mentioned unreserved seating could be a good idea, I don't think the club will turn over the whole Kop but maybe a section, sk1 for example as a start, and then hopefully in the future safe standing and/or an expansion of the area. I do think there is too much complaining about the chants/songs though, factual inaccuracies, not original enough, too foreign, palace sing it. Years ago we'd sing ynwa when liverpool were in town, no one cared, but imagine that now, people moan that we play hey Jude when Liverpool are in town. If people went with a bit more of a care free attitude maybe things would improve.

As as for the champions of England that upsets so many, once a burnley or Derby sing back, they are met with a 'stuck in the past', a set up, response and finish, it's more like it used to be.

I do think that the atmosphere has improved massively from when we first moved into the stadium, a lot to do with the success that has bonded us to the place, giving us some fantastic memories. But I also feel that it can be improved and believe that fans talking about it on here and elsewhere  has helped to keep it in people's mind and the more people that talk about it, makes more people willing to improve it, UFS an example. I think I may of upset one or two the other day with my comments, that wasn't my intention, I just feel that if we could get back a bit to a back the lads regardless, don't give a shit attitude and stop worrying about what others think we'd be on a far more positive note and things could improve more.

If there's a song you think is embarrassing just smile to yourself and join the noise regardless.

:D:scarf:

Edited by Vlad the Fox

16 hours ago, Weller in Tights said:

I started this thread because I'm genuinely disappointed the way football viewing is going.

More watching on the TV, less atmosphere at grounds, gentrification of the sport etc. Before I get accused of harping back to the bad old days of the 70's, I do not miss the mindless thugs, however I do like a crowd that is passionate and noisy.

undoubtedly some joker will say "swap the Kop and the Family stand" thinking they're cracking some amazingly ironic joke! And even though I have pre-emptied their tired wit, they will still do it thinking they're super ironic.

But seriously, is there something we can suggest to the club to help the atmosphere. I personally think a Safe Standing area as soon as we are permitted to have one (hopefully in the next few years) would help. Failing that, make an area (such as the whole of the Kop), unreserved seating, so those wanting to sing can congregate. Maybe then they would congregate behind the goal rather than stick away up high in a corner.

Too many armchair style FOOTBALL fans at the Leicester games nowadays, rather than actual LEICESTER CITY fans.

and no you don't have to sing to be a true fan, we're all different. However those that can be bothered to make some noise should be encouraged.

The club pay lip service to any serious, non-family friendly ideas to improve atmosphere, but that's it.

If you're serious about improving the atmosphere, lobbying for safe standing, unreserved seating, then get involved with Union FS who are actively doing this all the time. If not, then at least get organised with other like-minded fans who share your values. Organisation is what's needed, or we're doomed to just keep moaning about this on internet forums forever.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2017 at 20:32, Bob Weasel Fox said:

To be fair Burnley is only a modest sized town so their support relatively is fine really 

added to that they are geographically close to the Manchester and Liverpool teams etc

Let's see if Leicester sell their full allocation at Turf Moor in April?

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:40, Gazza3 said:

Does Iborra actually live on saffron lane ? 

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:22, WigstonWanderer said:

I asked the same and got similar responses. Still none the wiser.

He's a multi-millionaire earning more in a week than most of us will see in a year.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Buce said:

He's a multi-millionaire earning more in a week than most of us will see in a year.

What do you think?

Still no idea.

I just remember the name Saffron Lane from when I was a kid living in Wigston in the 50s and 60s. I can't remember it and have no idea if it is a desirable residential area or a shithole.

Judging from the responses I assume it is the latter, he doesn't, and the chant is just a bit of humour.