Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Still no idea.

I just remember the name Saffron Lane from when I was a kid living in Wigston in the 50s and 60s. I can't remember it and have no idea if it is a desirable residential area or a shithole.

Judging from the responses I assume it is the latter, he doesn't, and the chant is just a bit of humour.

It is. I am led to believe he lives in Countesthorpe.. Sadly, 'Spain' and 'thorpe' don't rhyme....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Still no idea.

I just remember the name Saffron Lane from when I was a kid living in Wigston in the 50s and 60s. I can't remember it and have no idea if it is a desirable residential area or a shithole.

Judging from the responses I assume it is the latter, he doesn't, and the chant is just a bit of humour.

Ah, I didn't realise you are an exile.

Calling it a shithole is being kind.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Still no idea.

Amazing how Wiggy and Saffron Lane, despite being right next to each other, are like two different worlds. Or at least they were back in the 70s. We lived in Wiggy and my mum remarried - to a guy who lived on the Saff. He had kids himself, and within days I had a much wider vocabulary. Not saying better, you understand, just wider. 

(We need a family history thread on here when we can pour out all this stuff - it'll be very therapeutic).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lebleu said:

how was the union fs initative for it? Did it tell help?

Definitely, big group of singers together always helps - there's enough in our away ends but probably spread too thinly to make an impact.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that.

Good effort from the ufs kept it ticking over all game and was nice to see/hear songs going on for numerous verses so that it could spread across the whole end.

Hope this is a sign that the little bit of organisation is working.

1st time I'd done Newcastle since O'Neill was here and I really enjoyed it. Will almost be hoping they stay up so I can repeat it next season. If only to go full mahrez on zombie nation in a club full of geordies lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K1FOX said:

What do people think was the reason for the improved atmosphere yesterday ? Different demographic of fan ? 

A mixture of the KO time being later so probably more lads on the piss with a few even staying over for the weekend, the away section group and a good performance.

On 09/12/2017 at 10:27, WigstonWanderer said:

Still no idea.

the saff is a shithole beyond the wildest imagination it is full to the brim of chavs I lived there a couple of years ago and I still have nightmares.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, K1FOX said:

What do people think was the reason for the improved atmosphere yesterday ? Different demographic of fan ? 

9 hours ago, Wookie said:

A mixture of the KO time being later so probably more lads on the piss with a few even staying over for the weekend, the away section group and a good performance.

Yep, basically all of those factors. Lads on a jolly making a racket. Superb.